Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

What a morning! 🤯 As well as the drama with my phone, I went all the way across town to pick up the back-logged mail from the mail service I pay for. They just shut their doors at the start of the first lockdown, and have been an absolute disgrace. I received an email from them last week saying they are now opening one day a week - Friday, between 9.00am and 3.30pm - But when I got there the building was closed :mad:

sNXjD15.jpg
It was tasty Duncan :) I hope you're now reunited with your Hartshead Barlow my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, cold, wet, and windy here. Probably just going to find some things to do indoors. Hope the rest of you are getting some sunshine, and that you have a great weekend :) Charlie Lamb for me today :thumbsup:

y3MErur.jpg
Jack, soooo sorry for all your travails especially with the mail:(. But you now have your phone ; a good thing.😋. The Charlie Lamb is looking very nice. What a fine blade it is!

As for me...well I feel like I dodged a bullet. 😳Went in to see my Oncologist for a follow-up visit. She's a very beautiful girl so I lost myself briefly 🤗until she said she was concerned with a possible nodule she felt whilst palpating an area on my wrist where I had surgery about a year ago😯. Had to get an ultrasound on the area and then go in to a surgeon for a biopsy😫. Turns out that the surgeon had his own ultrasound and found nothing. He pretty much gave me a clean bill of health. However, during the week that I was waiting for all this to transpire I think I aged 10 more years.😄

Jack, soooo sorry for all your travails especially with the mail:(. But you now have your phone ; a good thing.😋. The Charlie Lamb is looking very nice. What a fine blade it is!

As for me...well I feel like I dodged a bullet. 😳Went in to see my Oncologist for a follow-up visit. She's a very beautiful girl so I lost myself briefly 🤗until she said she was concerned with a possible nodule she felt whilst palpating an area on my wrist where I had surgery about a year ago😯. Had to get an ultrasound on the area and then go in to a surgeon for a biopsy😫. Turns out that the surgeon had his own ultrasound and found nothing. He pretty much gave me a clean bill of health. However, during the week that I was waiting for all this to transpire I think I aged 10 more years.😄

Thanks buddy, all part of modern life I guess :rolleyes: That's good news Bill, it must have been a worrying time :(:thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday :thumbsup:

As5Uhx9.jpg

Worked some of my buddies cattle today. New fly ear tags and some shots. Also branded about 38 calfs. Overall it was a great day. Had some brisket for lunch when we got back to the house. Carried the HHB!
ql8QMe7.jpg
IwnCpNI.jpg

Me kneeling on a bull calf, he was just about to get a surprise...😳
JON4Kif.jpg

Last edited:
Worked some of my buddies cattle today. New fly ear tags and some shots. Also branded about 38 calves. Overall it was a great day. Had some brisket for lunch when we got back to the house. Carried the HHB!
ql8QMe7.jpg
IwnCpNI.jpg

JON4Kif.jpg
Some good looking calves there Taylor.:thumbsup:

Woke to some disturbing news over here this morning for us that like history, particularly railway history and old engineering history. I don't discuss politics as is in the Guardian rules, but there was an article in one of our Sunday morning papers about a government decision to reclaim the old Newport Railway Sheds from their current inhabitants who lease it from the government. They are currently leased to the Steam and Diesel Rail Restorers, a voluntary organization of mainly retired railway workers who restore and maintain old steam, diesel loco's and old carriages. A lot of the skills that they learnt were from doing apprenticeships with the old Victorian Railways, and a lot of the apprenticeships they learnt no longer exist, so the only way they will be continued is from these highly skilled older men passing them on to any younger members that are volunteers of the society wishing to learn and help out. This is a photo of the original factory from 1900.
TTqqHOD.jpg

Some of the previous photos i posted were of locomotives restored from this factory. They don't just sit idle, they have many excursion train trips around Victoria every year. Just last month they had 2 that were fully booked out, and one of them went through and back through my local station, and to see hundreds of little and not so little kids going off there heads and waving to the trains just says to anyone prepared to listen that they have a place and are still relevant in today's society. Once these iconic machines and buildings are gone, they are gone forever, you only have to look at the change around Sheffield that we can all see in the photos that Jack posts, i know times change but that does not mean some things should not be preserved, especially organizations that are run by volunteers passing on their skills, living on donations, members subscriptions and the smell of an oily rag, bad pun,:rolleyes:. This is a photo of 2 old railway men teaching a younger female volunteer some of their skills at the workshop.
fUCEbai.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, especially all the Mums out there on this special day and you all have a good week. I know a lot of you like your history and photos, and i have been told by quite a few of you that you like some of the posts on Australian history and photos, that is why i posted this, hope i haven't waffled too much, but when i get on my soapbox i do let fly.😒😀.
UAvqpMU.jpg

Last edited:
Worked some of my buddies cattle today. New fly ear tags and some shots. Also branded about 38 calves. Overall it was a great day. Had some brisket for lunch when we got back to the house. Carried the HHB!
ql8QMe7.jpg
IwnCpNI.jpg

JON4Kif.jpg
Looks like you've been busy Taylor :) I'm glad you had a great day, and that your Hartshead Barlow was ab;e to help out :cool: Thanks for taking us along with you too :) :thumbsup:
Woke to some disturbing news over here this morning for us that like history, particularly railway history and old engineering history. I don't discuss politics as is in the Guardian rules, but there was an article in one of our Sunday morning papers about a government decision to reclaim the old Newport Railway Sheds from their current inhabitants who lease it from the government. They are currently leased to the Steam and Diesel Rail Restorers, a voluntary organization of mainly retired railway workers who restore and maintain old steam, diesel loco's and old carriages. A lot of the skills that they learnt were from doing apprenticeships with the old Victorian Railways, and a lot of the apprenticeships they learnt no longer exist, so the only way they will be continued is from these highly skilled older men passing them on to any younger members that are volunteers of the society wishing to learn and help out. This is a photo of the original factory from 1900.
TTqqHOD.jpg

Some of the previous photos i posted were of locomotives restored from this factory. They don't just sit idle, they have many excursion train trips around Victoria every year. Just last month they had 2 that were fully booked out, and one of them went through and back through my local station, and to see hundreds of little and not so little kids going off there heads and waving to the trains just says to anyone prepared to listen that they have a place and are still relevant in today's society. Once these iconic machines and buildings are gone, they are gone forever, you only have to look at the change around Sheffield that we can all see in the photos that Jack posts, i know times change but that does not mean some things should not be preserved, especially organizations that are run by volunteers passing on their skills, living on donations, members subscriptions and the smell of an oily rag, bad pun,:rolleyes:. This is a photo of 2 old railway men teaching a younger female volunteer some of their skills at the workshop.
fUCEbai.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, especially all the Mums out there on this special day and you all have a good week. I know a lot of you like your history and photos, and i have been told by quite a few of you that you like some of the posts on Australian history and photos, that is why i posted this, hope i haven't waffled too much, but when i get on my soapbox i do let fly.😒😀.
UAvqpMU.jpg
Exceptional post Leon :cool: That is very disturbing news though, and I hope that it will be reversed, so that unique history will continue to be preserved. I hope you'll keep us posted my friend :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather is still pretty miserable here, and I have a bunch of household chores to do, but if the rain holds off this afternoon, I'm hoping to meet up with a mate, and give his little lad the slingshot I made him the other week. We're going to head into some local woods for some slingshot practice, and then head for a couple of pints at a local brewery - outside seating only here at the moment, so I'll be putting on a warm coat! Thought I'd pocket this old Alfred Blackwell today, been a while since it was in my pocket :) Enjoy your day Guardians :thumbsup:

FCqEZ2D.jpg

Last edited:
Quiet here today, hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I went for a walk with my mate Matt, and his lad Cillian, and gave Cillian the slingshot I made him. We had an hour or so of slingshot shooting, then went to a local brewery for a few pints, it was good fun :) :thumbsup:

jgBwQgT.jpg

Doing a little shopping before we go home and grill some steaks. Have this with me.
View attachment 1560987

Good-looking Lambsfoot and pocket slip combo buddy :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend :) Starting my week off with this J jsdistin re-build with giraffe bone covers. Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

IFHH74R.jpg

Good-looking Lambsfoot and pocket slip combo buddy :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend :) Starting my week off with this J jsdistin re-build with giraffe bone covers. Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

IFHH74R.jpg
Great looking lamb my friend:thumbsup:. J jsdistin did a nice job on it:thumbsup:. Hope you had a good weekend like I did. Got together with friends on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday (replete with social distancing and masks):):thumbsup:.

Great looking lamb my friend:thumbsup:. J jsdistin did a nice job on it:thumbsup:. Hope you had a good weekend like I did. Got together with friends on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday (replete with social distancing and masks):):thumbsup:.
Thanks Bill, I'm very impressed with the work J jsdistin did on the knives Reaper AL Reaper AL commissioned him to re-build and re-cover :)

gGBzYGS.jpg

We are experiencing a period of pretty rotten weather at the moment, but we got a little sunshine between the showers yesterday afternoon, and I had a nice time. That sounds like a very pleasant weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:
Great to see that one Jon :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, I'm very impressed with the work J jsdistin did on the knives Reaper AL Reaper AL commissioned him to re-build and re-cover :)

gGBzYGS.jpg

We are experiencing a period of pretty rotten weather at the moment, but we got a little sunshine between the showers yesterday afternoon, and I had a nice time. That sounds like a very pleasant weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:

Great to see that one Jon :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Beautiful trio you have.

Back