Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Some of the recent discussions have had me rooting around in a bunch of old pictures and I came across a couple that I took right after I took receipt of one of my very favorite Jack Black SFOs, the AC (Ashley's Choice). I know I have commented before on the transformation the Stag has undergone with time, use, and carry but this batch of pictures really highlights it.

Here is the mark and pile sides respectively, followed by a pic that I took today.

kQLuYeD.jpg

THiFJHp.jpg

UftPHZG.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the recent discussions have had me rooting around in a bunch of old pictures and I came across a couple that I took right after I took receipt of one of my very favorite Jack Black SFOs, the AC (Ashley's Choice). I know I have commented before on the transformation the Stag has undergone with time, use, and carry but this batch of pictures really highlights it.

Here is the mark and pile sides respectively, followed by a pic that I took today.

kQLuYeD.jpg

THiFJHp.jpg

UftPHZG.jpg

That has aged really nicely Dylan, thanks for the pics :) Do you carry it in a slip, or just in your pocket? You've inspired me to carry my own today :) While my Hartshead Barlow has monopolised my pocket over the past couple of years, I've carried my AC a lot in the past, but I always use a pocket slip, and I'm not sure the stag has changed much. Here's a pic of when I first got it, compared to a pic on my kitchen counter today. The lighting is very different unfortunately, but the stag doesn't seem to have aged much. I do love it though :) Maybe I need to take up cigar-smoking again! :D :thumbsup:

Z8SnIF0.jpg

TVxfT0V.jpg

Edit - Just adding a pile-side pic :thumbsup:

Sl61cwN.jpg

Here's another couple of pics, the first from 2018, and the second from a couple of months ago. Both are taken in, more or less, the same spot at Saint Mary's Abbey in York :D :thumbsup:

YIY2ySJ.jpg

Wj7MJ6N.jpg

Good morning Guardians, got a busy week on here, so I better get into doing some work :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week got off to a good start, and that you have a great day :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black the stag is so perfectly thick on my AC I don’t carry it in a slip. It rides in my front left with my pocket change. I initially came here looking for an ebony since ebony is my favourite but honestly I wouldn’t have carried and used an ebony as much as I have my AC!

That has aged really nicely Dylan, thanks for the pics :) Do you carry it in a slip, or just in your pocket? You've inspired me to carry my own today :) While my Hartshead Barlow has monopolised my pocket over the past couple of years, I've carried my AC a lot in the past, but I always use a pocket slip, and I'm not sure the stag has changed much. Here's a pic of when I first got it, compared to a pic on my kitchen counter today. The lighting is very different unfortunately, but the stag doesn't seem to have aged much. I do love it though :) Maybe I need to take up cigar-smoking again! :D :thumbsup:

Z8SnIF0.jpg

TVxfT0V.jpg

Edit - Just adding a pile-side pic :thumbsup:

Sl61cwN.jpg

Here's another couple of pics, the first from 2018, and the second from a couple of months ago. Both are taken in, more or less, the same spot at Saint Mary's Abbey in York :D :thumbsup:

YIY2ySJ.jpg

Wj7MJ6N.jpg

Good morning Guardians, got a busy week on here, so I better get into doing some work :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week got off to a good start, and that you have a great day :thumbsup:
Jack, great looking stag on that Lambfoot knife. You indicated that it was going to be a busy day and the same holds true for me too. My wife and I are slowly getting the new home "together" and I think that I've moved every piece of furniture two or three times. Today will be no different I'm afraid. Also, the cardboard is still being broken down so I have my HHB in the pocket once again to help me with that.
IMG_2992.JPG

Jack Black Jack Black the stag is so perfectly thick on my AC I don’t carry it in a slip. It rides in my front left with my pocket change. I initially came here looking for an ebony since ebony is my favourite but honestly I wouldn’t have carried and used an ebony as much as I have my AC!
I'm glad you like it so much Jody :) My main reason for carrying in a slip is because I carry my knives in two vertical pockets on the front thighs of my 5.11s, and without a slip they slip sideways ;) :thumbsup:
Jack, great looking stag on that Lambfoot knife. You indicated that it was going to be a busy day and the same holds true for me too. My wife and I are slowly getting the new home "together" and I think that I've moved every piece of furniture two or three times. Today will be no different I'm afraid. Also, the cardboard is still being broken down so I have my HHB in the pocket once again to help me with that.
View attachment 1587820
Thanks a lot Bill :) Sorry you're having a busy day too, virtually every time I've moved house, I've also had a busy job, the worst was probably when I moved to France :eek: I was a lot younger then though ;) I hope you get everything fixed to your liking my friend, and that your Hartshead Barlow can help out :) Nice photo :thumbsup:

The Ron Half/Stop Memorial Giveaway
The giveaway is open to any member of Bladeforums to enter, with more than 20 posts on The Porch. If you’re a Guardian, post a pic of your Lambsfoot, and get a second entry. If you’re a regular here, and have posted in this thread in the past 3 months, post a link to one of your posts, and you get an additional entry. If you have any memories about Ron, please feel free to share them. Otherwise, either tell us some of the things you love about the Lambsfoot pattern, and why you carry one, or, if you don’t yet have a Lambsfoot, say why you’d like to try the pattern. Outstanding posts will get yet another chance of winning the prize. The draw will be from my hat, in about a week’s time. I’ll call ‘Last orders’ a day or two beforehand ;)

Good luck everyone, and thanks once again to all the Guardians :)

Seize the Lambsfoot! Seize the Day! :D ;)

Jack
Jack, belated congratulations to you and all of the Guardians on reaching the astounding 50K-post benchmark in this thread! Thanks for the generous GAW to celebrate the achievement and to remember Ron!

If I'm not too late for the GAW, and if my name should be drawn from the two-dimensional headgear (AKA flat cap), I'd like the prize to go to JohnDF JohnDF . John is a real ebony enthusiast, as well as a lambsfoot user, so I know he'd appreciate the ebony Big'Un.

That the 50000-post mark was reached about 11 days short of exactly 5 years from the start of the thread is quite impressive. That's approximately 10000 posts per year, or about 27 posts per day on average. A recurring theme in the thread is the pace of the posts, and even the very first day had an auspicious 61 posts, I think. (Based on that first day, the Guardians should have generated 50K posts in less than 2.5 years! ;) )

I consider myself a regular in the Guardians thread, although I've posted here much less frequently during the pandemic. My most recent post prior to this one just barely meets the "past 3 months" criterion, having occurred on March 30: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-2434#post-20425672
But I read all the posts in the thread, even if I sometimes fall 10 or 20 pages behind at times.

Ron was certainly an active Guardian and a stalwart on The Porch, and it's sad that he's no longer with us. Ron always seemed kind to everyone on The Porch (both publicly and often privately), and I admired his devotion to his family. He also had what I considered to be an incredible collection of knives; it seemed like he could bring out an excellent example of almost any pocket knife pattern that anyone happened to mention. I feel fortunate to have a knife (not a lambsfoot, so I won't post it here :D ) that Ron gifted to me one Christmas (and he was involved in some sneaky shenanigans to obtain my address without my knowledge).

I'll post a favorite pic of each of my current lambsfoot knives below. Best wishes to all of the entrants in the GAW!
jan18.gl.mark.open.bht.jpg
mark.V.woods.jpg
CJ.pile.lettuceblossoms.overcolor.jpg
VJ.pile.Vopen.knot.jpg
hhb2.mark.Vflat.bootside.jpg
UJ.mark.Vopen.pumptop.jpg
MJ.pile.Vflat.post.jpg

- GT

Jack, belated congratulations to you and all of the Guardians on reaching the astounding 50K-post benchmark in this thread! Thanks for the generous GAW to celebrate the achievement and to remember Ron!

If I'm not too late for the GAW, and if my name should be drawn from the two-dimensional headgear (AKA flat cap), I'd like the prize to go to JohnDF JohnDF . John is a real ebony enthusiast, as well as a lambsfoot user, so I know he'd appreciate the ebony Big'Un.

That the 50000-post mark was reached about 11 days short of exactly 5 years from the start of the thread is quite impressive. That's approximately 10000 posts per year, or about 27 posts per day on average. A recurring theme in the thread is the pace of the posts, and even the very first day had an auspicious 61 posts, I think. (Based on that first day, the Guardians should have generated 50K posts in less than 2.5 years! ;) )

I consider myself a regular in the Guardians thread, although I've posted here much less frequently during the pandemic. My most recent post prior to this one just barely meets the "past 3 months" criterion, having occurred on March 30: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-2434#post-20425672
But I read all the posts in the thread, even if I sometimes fall 10 or 20 pages behind at times.

Ron was certainly an active Guardian and a stalwart on The Porch, and it's sad that he's no longer with us. Ron always seemed kind to everyone on The Porch (both publicly and often privately), and I admired his devotion to his family. He also had what I considered to be an incredible collection of knives; it seemed like he could bring out an excellent example of almost any pocket knife pattern that anyone happened to mention. I feel fortunate to have a knife (not a lambsfoot, so I won't post it here :D ) that Ron gifted to me one Christmas (and he was involved in some sneaky shenanigans to obtain my address without my knowledge).

I'll post a favorite pic of each of my current lambsfoot knives below. Best wishes to all of the entrants in the GAW!
View attachment 1587869
View attachment 1587870
View attachment 1587874
View attachment 1587875
View attachment 1587877
View attachment 1587880
View attachment 1587882

- GT

Excellent post Gary, I'm going to do the draw at 4pm Yorkshire Time, so you're most definitely in my friend :) I won't be using my flat-cap this time though, but rather a more seasonal Guardians of the Lambsfoot cap :) :thumbsup:

Back