Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That has aged really nicely Dylan, thanks for the pics :) Do you carry it in a slip, or just in your pocket? You've inspired me to carry my own today :) While my Hartshead Barlow has monopolised my pocket over the past couple of years, I've carried my AC a lot in the past, but I always use a pocket slip, and I'm not sure the stag has changed much. Here's a pic of when I first got it, compared to a pic on my kitchen counter today. The lighting is very different unfortunately, but the stag doesn't seem to have aged much. I do love it though :) Maybe I need to take up cigar-smoking again! :D :thumbsup:

Z8SnIF0.jpg

TVxfT0V.jpg

Edit - Just adding a pile-side pic :thumbsup:

Sl61cwN.jpg

Here's another couple of pics, the first from 2018, and the second from a couple of months ago. Both are taken in, more or less, the same spot at Saint Mary's Abbey in York :D :thumbsup:

YIY2ySJ.jpg

Wj7MJ6N.jpg

Good morning Guardians, got a busy week on here, so I better get into doing some work :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week got off to a good start, and that you have a great day :thumbsup:

That's a good point, Jack, I suspect that very well might be the mitigating factor. When I first received my AC, I carried it in a slip but I soon omitted the slip when the AC became such a regular part of my daily carry. I'm actually surprised at how "white" the Stag was on the mark side, it has yellowed considerably since then - likely from handling and slip-free carrying.

It is always nice to see your AC, the Stag is exquisite.

And the winner is......

D78CPcl.jpg

Congratulations Dylan! :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking part everyone, and thanks for all your posts :) I'm sure Ron would have enjoyed this :thumbsup:

Wow, thank you, Jack! I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment, this will be a pretty special knife to me. I don't take part in too many giveaways but this was a special one, honoring a man we all miss, and this knife represents that.

That's a good point, Jack, I suspect that very well might be the mitigating factor. When I first received my AC, I carried it in a slip but I soon omitted the slip when the AC became such a regular part of my daily carry. I'm actually surprised at how "white" the Stag was on the mark side, it has yellowed considerably since then - likely from handling and slip-free carrying.

It is always nice to see your AC, the Stag is exquisite.

Wow, thank you, Jack! I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment, this will be a pretty special knife to me. I don't take part in too many giveaways but this was a special one, honoring a man we all miss, and this knife represents that.
Thanks buddy :) Ron always seemed to have the Midas Touch when it came to stag, I think he might have had the best of the ACs, and a few others too :) Congratulations Dylan, I'll get it off to you soon. PM me if there's anything else I can send you over :thumbsup:
Thanks for the great GAW Jack!!
You're very welcome :thumbsup:

Congrats to Padruig and thanks for hosting the giveaway, Jack. You’ve got me reading this thread now and I’ve been enjoying it. 👍

You're welcome, I do them when I can, but haven't had access to as many Lambsfoot knives as I had in the past :( Glad to hear you're enjoying the thread :) :thumbsup:

When I first received my AC, I carried it in a slip but I soon omitted the slip when the AC became such a regular part of my daily carry. I'm actually surprised at how "white" the Stag was on the mark side, it has yellowed considerably since then - likely from handling and slip-free carrying.
I had to have some long term extensive hand therapy a few years ago, i got to know my hand therapist fairly well. She had a large chart of the hand she used to explain to me what she was doing and what was happening. The amount of natural oils and emollient's the hand produces as a natural defense is amazing. If you add oil to any natural product, eg., wood, leather-stag or bone, it will change color depending on the oil. This is what has happened to your stag Dylan, looks fantastic, knife scales look better with use and age in my opinion.

I've had a pretty tiring week so far, so I think I'm going to hit the hay. There's less than an hour until midnight here anyway, and I have an early start to go to the market tomorrow. Got a few other things I need to do tomorrow too unfortunately :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing OK, and I'll catch up with you later in the day. My Hartshead Barlow will be back in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

DydRSYT.jpg

Congrats on winning the ebony big 'un in the 50K-post GAW, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Jack, thanks again for hosting a generous and thoroughly enjoyable GAW! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I was fascinated by everyone's posts to enter the GAW, especially seeing their lambsfoot pics and reading their remembrances of Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop and/or their thoughts on lambsfoot knives.

- GT

But I signed on today as earlier this morning I found my HHB which I 'lost' months ago. I've been sat in the back garden tonight admiring it and it got me thinking I really need to get back on here, as I'm mostly done with what I was doing.

pGzNMHl.jpg

I hope everyone is well and has a nice weekend planned.
David, where did you finally find your first-class stag HHB? IIRC, it disappeared around Christmas last year, so about 6 months ago.
Congrats on finding it, and that looks like a fine beer to celebrate "the return of the prodigal"! :thumbsup:😁:thumbsup:

- GT

Congratulations Dylan. I always appreciate your posts and your excellent pictures of those beautiful knives.

Ron welcomed me to the porch back in 2015 when I had only one traditional knife. We kept in touch through the Forum and I was lucky enough to meet him in person at the 2018 GEC Rendezvous and again at the 2019 Rendezvous. He sold me his extra Bloodwood Beer Scout Knife because he knew I had admired his. I still carry that one probably more often than any other. I was looking forward to hanging out with Ron on the GEC front porch during the 2020 Rendezvous, but of course COVID-19 canceled most everything last year. Ron was a wonderful person to know. He was always very positive and made me feel like we had been friends for a long time.

Congratulations Dylan Pàdruig Pàdruig on your winning the big'un! A most worthy recipient. Well done Jack and thank you for a generous gift in memory of Ron. I miss him especially here. Ron was the first guardian to welcome me into the fold. Kind and always thoughtful of others. Rest in peace brother.IMG_9576.jpg

Cool to see your old ridgeline, and Ironwood Mike of course! :D :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack! I do love the Ironwood, such a great looking Lambsfoot, great SFO project you accomplished!🙂👍
Your Lambfoot knife phot is great:thumbsup:.
Thank you, Bill! Hope you and the Mrs' are getting settled in at the new plaxe!🙂👍
That is why me and my mates, or the ones with any brains anyhow, stopped going to the pub. A ten ounce pot now costs 3 Pound Sterling or more, if i had of told my Dad that one day we would be paying 3 quid for a beer he would have had me locked away in an asylum for my own protection. We have had beer taxed out of existence over here, that is why there is less than half the pubs left. All the " Working Men " drink at home, a lot of the pubs are full of complete imbecile's now. If you go past a pub and see a heap of " Tradies " work vehicles out the front, you keep going, there will be trouble there, guaranteed.🤕
Sorry to hear that, Leon! But then again, I'm more likely to stay home and grill some burgers or steak and have good friends come over and enjoy their company. If for some bizarre reason you ever make it over here, you certainly will be cpunted in!! And that goes for any of the Guardians!🍻🍺🍗
Just pure awesomeness there, Dan! Knife, slip and the beautiful bowl!😮👍
Here is the mark and pile sides respectively, followed by a pic that I took today.

kQLuYeD.jpg
Some great character with that stag, Dylan! Looks great!😎👌
Wj7MJ6N.jpg

Good morning Guardians, got a busy week on here, so I better get into doing some work :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week got off to a good start, and that you have a great day
Spectacular AC, Jack!! Hope you are recovering from the busy days!🙂👍
My wife and I are slowly getting the new home "together" and I think that I've moved every piece of furniture two or three times. Today will be no different I'm afraid. Also, the cardboard is still being broken down so I have my HHB in the pocket once again to help me with that.
IMG_2992.JPG
Sounds oh so familiar! Hope you don't have a piano!!😐 you're HHB looks up to the task!🙂👍
I'll post a favorite pic of each of my current lambsfoot knives below. Best wishes to all of the entrants in the GAW!
jan18.gl.mark.open.bht.jpg
What a grand herd of Lambsfoot, GT! Hope to see more post from you here! The other threads are just too fast for me to keep up!🤯
Congratulations Dylan! :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking part everyone, and thanks for all your posts :) I'm sure Ron would have enjoyed this :thumbsup:
Congratulations Pàdruig Pàdruig !! I'm certainly jealous!😎👍

Thanks Jack for an incredible GAW with such great meaning for so many! Well done, my friend!
Hope everyone is doing OK, and I'll catch up with you later in the day. My Hartshead Barlow will be back in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

DydRSYT.jpg
Of course it will be back in your pocket! Getting some great wear!🙂👍
Hope you have a great morning!
Ron was the first guardian to welcome me into the fold. Kind and always thoughtful of others. Rest in peace brother.
IMG_9576.jpg
My goodness, Dwight! Awsome photo of your '19!!😎👍

My HHB today.
DgHfD7J.jpg
MIKkcxD.jpg

And thought it's time to share my ugly mug while at the Dr's office. 🤯

Have a great Thursday!

Back