Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sharpener update.🤬 Got far too tricky for my own good, and went completely against my principle of " Don't Over Complicate Things ". Kept adding new ideas as i went along and ended up with a hotch potch convoluted mess. Was not at all happy with it. There was a scene in one of my favorite TV shows, Agatha Christie's Poirot, where Miss Lemon, Poirot's secretary, { I think they call them personal assistants now }o_O solves a problem for him and say's " Difficulties Are Made To Be Overcome ". So i went back to the drawing board, pulled it apart completely and have come up with simpler model. Will be much better than my original idea, just waiting for a couple of parts to arrive and hopefully will have a really good sharpening system. That's the plan anyway. :)

Dennis, if you're looking in, here's a pic of that old pipe-wrench that caught your eye last week :thumbsup:

ho6DOeY.jpg
Bet it still a solid tool just as when it was first made! ;):thumbsup:
Oh, and came home to a postal delivery notice in the mail... Something I was anxiously awaiting came in. I missed them, and I was good with that. Wasn't going to buy one. Then we went and hung out with Charlie and I got to handle one... Then the hunt was on. A few weeks back, a received a pm from our friend cudgee cudgee pointing me in the right direction. Worked out a fair trade, and it was on its way. Thank you for looking out cudgee :D

To make a long story short...

cJYuPKK.jpg
Congratulations Mike! It's a gem for sure! :D:thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians, I thought I'd pick my Lambsfoot randomly today, and I came up with this Ebony Lamb I picked up in 2014. Prior to that, I'd looked at so many badly-made contemporary Sheffield knives, that I was all but ready to give up on them. This knife had a centred blade, great ebony, and was all-round a very nicely-made knife for the price. I carried it a lot, and it's nice to have it back in my pocket today :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

IfHUnf2.jpg

XZyoGUK.jpg
Looks like it has served you well, Jack!!:cool::thumbsup: A true companion in a time of need!
I had to go to the post office, so I thought I might grab a second breakfast ;) The cafe I was intending to go to was full though, so I had to go to the pub opposite, where the food isn't very good (this looks better than it tasted) :rolleyes:

qQMpavk.jpg
The Lambsfoot looks great, Jack, but I have to admit I'm pretty addicted to my bacon and eggs for breakfast. 😁:thumbsup:🍳🥓☕
sXPpmES.jpg

Dad hated to hear me sing Georgie Girl. Maybe because I knew only one line of it and had it wrong.
Great paring, Jer! Your radio still looks good! I'll have to remember to post my Motorola valve radio. :cool::thumbsup:
Did someone mention centered blades? 😊View attachment 1608005
And a great set-up, Todd! :):thumbsup:
:D :thumbsup:

Congratulations are definitely in order Mike :) How're you finding your new Charlie Lamb? :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed carrying this old Ebony today :) :thumbsup:

qh6LUnc.jpg
A col photo, Jack!! Seems a bit familiar!
Sharpener update.🤬 Got far too tricky for my own good, and went completely against my principle of " Don't Over Complicate Things ". Kept adding new ideas as i went along and ended up with a hotch potch convoluted mess. Was not at all happy with it. There was a scene in one of my favorite TV shows, Agatha Christie's Poirot, where Miss Lemon, Poirot's secretary, { I think they call them personal assistants now }o_O solves a problem for him and say's " Difficulties Are Made To Be Overcome ". So i went back to the drawing board, pulled it apart completely and have come up with simpler model. Will be much better than my original idea, just waiting for a couple of parts to arrive and hopefully will have a really good sharpening system. That's the plan anyway. :)
Got to appreciate the good old KISS methodology! I never have the problem of over complicating things, I struggle with just getting batteries in the flashlight right!! 😂🤓

Mail call yesterday brought an unexpected surprise! Generosity of Jack once again is evident! I mentioned my affection for ebony covers, and after being held hostage, and finally being freed by our Lambsfoot Commandos, I got this fantastic package with a bagpipe ebony Lambsfoot, a super-cool brass shackle and a groovy light mit bottle opener!:

BWToajN.jpg

Thanks again, Jack! Your a true gentleman!

Had a good day on the links despite a rainy start.:D My HHB brought me luck!:thumbsup: Recycled photo
View attachment 1608287
Sounds like you had a great day Bill :) :thumbsup:
I was thinking about your sharpener yesterday Leon. I'm sorry Mark I didn't work out, but glad you're still enthusiastic about the project :) Looking forward to seeing Mark II mate :) :thumbsup:
Bet it still a solid tool just as when it was first made! ;):thumbsup:
I reckon it'll last a few more years! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Looks like it has served you well, Jack!!:cool::thumbsup: A true companion in a time of need!

The Lambsfoot looks great, Jack, but I have to admit I'm pretty addicted to my bacon and eggs for breakfast. 😁:thumbsup:🍳🥓☕
It was nice to have it in my pocket again Dennis, and I gave it a few drops of oil and a strop :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) I have to say that breakfast was rubbish, and I didn't eat much of it, not least since it was pretty cold :rolleyes: Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey! :D :thumbsup:
A cool photo, Jack!! Seems a bit familiar!

Mail call yesterday brought an unexpected surprise! Generosity of Jack once again is evident! I mentioned my affection for ebony covers, and after being held hostage, and finally being freed by our Lambsfoot Commandos, I got this fantastic package with a bagpipe ebony Lambsfoot, a super-cool brass shackle and a groovy light mit bottle opener!:

BWToajN.jpg

Thanks again, Jack! Your a true gentleman!
Thanks again pal, and I'm glad you like your new Lambsfoot :) Cool compass there :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. I wonder where Barrett btb01 btb01 is, I sure hope he doesn't miss my Yorkshire Day culinary challenge. Some rain here today, but I hope it clears away. I have to go into the city centre, and will probably get some lunch there. Missing my Hartshead Barlow, so it's back in my pocket today :) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

Znhf3JU.jpg

The jigging is great isn't it, really nice knife :) I'd love it if GEC will make Charlie some more at some point :thumbsup:

Hanging onto mine ;) :thumbsup:

glmr6hm.jpg

😍 I love these knives...

I don't think I'll ever get over having the opportunity to buy these knives first hand and passing up the opportunity :oops:
I will stop looking at this topic 🥺

😍 I love these knives...

I don't think I'll ever get over having the opportunity to buy these knives first hand and passing up the opportunity :oops:
I will stop looking at this topic 🥺

Three cheers for Charlie :) :thumbsup:

I guess we've all made mistakes like that :( Maybe one will come along one day :thumbsup:

I'm a sports fan.👍 I like most sports, not all, but I find sports very interesting, etc. Why am I not interested in the Olympics this year?😴 Maybe I am just saturated by all the media hype, etc.:( Or, maybe it is just me and I need to have my shorts adjusted.o_O Who knows? One thing I do know is that I never tire of my HHB. :D
IMG_1273.JPG

Cool Ebony '18 and tea-cosy pic Jer! :) :thumbsup:
I'm a sports fan.👍 I like most sports, not all, but I find sports very interesting, etc. Why am I not interested in the Olympics this year?😴 Maybe I am just saturated by all the media hype, etc.:( Or, maybe it is just me and I need to have my shorts adjusted.o_O Who knows? One thing I do know is that I never tire of my HHB. :D
View attachment 1608629
Yeah, I know what you mean, I've not seen any of it yet :rolleyes: Your Hartshead Barlow is looking good, as always :thumbsup:

I was hoping to sit outside in the garden tonight, but it's been raining heavily all afternoon. I'll have to check the forecast for my trip to the market tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I think I'm going to stick with my Hartshead Barlow for the day :) Have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:

5NhZ7Um.jpg

View attachment 1608629
Fantastic Photo of a great Knife!!

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. I wonder where Barrett btb01 btb01 btb01 btb01 is, I sure hope he doesn't miss my Yorkshire Day culinary challenge. Some rain here today, but I hope it clears away. I have to go into the city centre, and will probably get some lunch there. Missing my Hartshead Barlow, so it's back in my pocket today :) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking on me, Jack! 😁 We’ve had a busy summer (at least compared to how not-busy we were for the last year+) and I haven’t been on BF as much as I’d like to be, but I have tried to keep up with a few threads (including this one, of course). I’ll definitely try to throw something together for Yorkshire Day!

It's Yorkshire Day on August 1st, and I usually do a giveaway :) Just wondering if I can do one this year 🤔

Catching up just now, I misread this post and thought I’d missed Yorkshire Day entirely! 😲

Those Guardians who've been here a while will know that Yorkshire Day is celebrated throughout the world, and is the day when Yorkshire folk unlucky enough to have left this sun-kissed county, weep into their beer and pine for home, and where those of us blessed to live in God's Own County, whoop with joy, throw our flat-caps into the air, and sing our largely unintelligible anthem to the heavens, while downing a good Yorkshire-brewed pint! ;) I hope you'll help me celebrate, and while it isn't unique to Yorkshire, what could be better than a chip butty, or for the ambitious, a thick slab of Yorkshire pudding, smothered in rich gravy? :) This is a culinary challenge my friends, and I don't think there are going to be any losers here :D I'm posting this early, so you can look up your recipes, and get in the few provisions needed, but on Yorkshire Day, how about joining me in scoffing a chip butty or a plate of Yorkshire pud. The chip butty is certainly the easier dish to make, and maybe you can even get one made for you at a local eaterie. Yorkshire pudding is a bit of an art, and all I'll say is, MAKE SURE YOUR OVEN IS HOT! ;) Whichever option you decide to go for, a photo of the dish with your Lambsfoot is essential (if you don't have a Lambsfoot, you can post a selfie, but no non-Lamb knife content please). If you're lucky enough to already have a surfeit of Lambsfoot knives, you may nominate someone else for the prize :thumbsup:

Yorkshire Day is August 1st, next Sunday, and you have the whole of next weekend to make your entry. Good luck to everyone who enters, and I am looking forward to seeing your photos :) :thumbsup:

Love the GAW idea, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 😁 Should be a lot of fun. I hope a lot of people participate!

Just sayin' ;) :thumbsup:

I once got a neighbourhood cafe in Barcelona to make me a chippy butty, by the end of the week, everyone was eating them :D :thumbsup:

KrZ9rGC.jpg

Thanks for the varied chip butty instructional videos. 🙂 The method they used to make the chips in the third video is the same one I used to make some English “roasties” a while back. (They were delicious!)

On the way back home, I spotted a new addition to the neighbourhood, in the form of this mural, all done with spray-paint by a local artist apparently. I ended up chatting to a bloke standing outside the barber's shop, and it turned out he owned the place. When the subject of the mural, Lucas Radebe, played for the local Leeds team, he used to get his hair cut there apparently :thumbsup:

JAx5DQf.jpg

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d be hesitant to go to a barbershop called Sweeney Todds! 😵 Don’t want to end up in one of these…

72VHwGy.jpg

😉😁

I was hoping to sit outside in the garden tonight, but it's been raining heavily all afternoon. I'll have to check the forecast for my trip to the market tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I think I'm going to stick with my Hartshead Barlow for the day :) Have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:

5NhZ7Um.jpg
I can spend hours flicking through old catalogues, they are a window to our past. :thumbsup:

Back