Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I just checked my order book - posted 17th May in Leeds, delivered 21st May in the US - got to be a record! :eek: :) :thumbsup:
Must be.
A grapefruit and an apple later:
PU2GWtD.jpg

It’s been quite a week. Read through this whole thread since last Monday and ordered up an ebony A Wright last Wednesday. Looking forward to it arriving sometime soon hopefully. Appreciate all the good info and great pics in this thread.

That's quite a read! Hope you enjoyed it, and that you enjoy your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

AW Ebony Lambsfoot 31.2.JPG

Ebony arrived today! Had to file the kick a hair, the tip of the blade was barely covered and I could catch my finger on it! Blade seems to be warped or sitting a hair crooked, but nothing serious doesn’t touch the liner. Edge came nice and useable could use a bit of work but better than most production knives I come across. A few small gaps, again nothing too silly. All around I can see why it’s such a respected working mans(or woman’s!) knife.

Dd36nqJ.jpg

I do like my grapefruit. Still patinating.

Looking great Jer :) So far, the only thing mine has cut is tape - a LOT of tape! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 2-3.JPG

Maybe one is mine!! :thumbsup::cool::p:D:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Ebony arrived today! Had to file the kick a hair, the tip of the blade was barely covered and I could catch my finger on it! Blade seems to be warped or sitting a hair crooked, but nothing serious doesn’t touch the liner. Edge came nice and useable could use a bit of work but better than most production knives I come across. A few small gaps, again nothing too silly. All around I can see why it’s such a respected working mans(or woman’s!) knife.

Glad you got it so fast, but that is disappointing to hear about the flaws :( Hope you enjoy using it :thumbsup: Any chance of some pics?

Welcome to the Guardians :thumbsup:

Just a couple of orders to send out today :) :) :thumbsup:

2018 Ebony Guardians Lambsfoot 2-2.JPG

Looking even better! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Any vital statistics on the tool you're willing to share?

Looking great Jer :) So far, the only thing mine has cut is tape - a LOT of tape! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys.
I hope you're about through with the tape, Jack.

Let's see.
You know what it is.
The ebony is inky black and glass-smooth. I can't feel the transition between wood and metal when I run my thumb over it. The blade is centered, the tip is well below the liners, yet the blade is just pinchable. Strong pull and snap like old Toffee-wings (gives ya confidence). No blade play.
There is a gap on one side of the spring if you hold it up to the light just right. (I learned to do that here, though I still don't care if there's a glimmer of light by a spring.) The nail-nick seems a little over-sized, but I'm not sending it back.
Night-flier seems more blithe to patinate than did Toffee-wings. Maybe Wright's skimped on our polish!:eek::D
OExqRtA.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.
I hope you're about through with the tape, Jack.

Let's see.
You know what it is.
The ebony is inky black and glass-smooth. I can't feel the transition between wood and metal when I run my thumb over it. The blade is centered, the tip is well below the liners, yet the blade is just pinchable. Strong pull and snap like old Toffee-wings (gives ya confidence). No blade play.
There is a gap on one side of the spring if you hold it up to the light and wiggle it. (I learned to do that here, though I still don't care if there's a glimmer of light by a spring.) The nail-nick seems a little over-sized, but I'm not sending it back.
Night-flier seems more blithe to patinate than did Toffee-wings. Maybe Wright's skimped on our polish!
OExqRtA.jpg

Night-flier eh? :) Good write-up Jer :thumbsup: Personally I am fond of the large nicks. I have had a couple of other Wright patterns with small shallower nicks, and hated them :thumbsup:

Most of the work on the knives was done by Ashley, who did our bolsters last year :) I made sure I bought him a drink :thumbsup:

IMG_0923.JPG

Here's something different. In the pre-production stage for this year's Guardians knives, various one-off samples were produced. Obviously, I didn't want them turning up elsewhere and devaluing our project, so I bought them all. This is the first of the threaded bolsters Ashley did. It was used on the Horn models, but the sample just has covers of Rosewood :thumbsup:

Rosewood Guardians Sample LF 1-1.JPG

The ebony is inky black and glass-smooth. I can't feel the transition between wood and metal when I run my thumb over it.

That's something I really like about these knives. I've had my original ebony about 5 years now, and it's still the same, makes a great worry-stone :)

A beautiful knife, Jack! Makes me even more eager for mine to show up.

Thanks Dylan, hope you're not waiting much longer :) I still can't believe how fast Jer's got to him, must have been the USPS making up for messing him about last time! :D :thumbsup:

Back