Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Have you read the Lloyd Alexander five book series on which the movie was (very loosely) based? They are wonderful.
I have not, but now I'll have to add it to the list. Thanks :)

Have a great weekend, lamb fans ;)

Rxtgoqm.jpeg

Nice photo of your HHB Jack. We've been fortunate with our weather here in NC:thumbsup:. Very mild so far but cooling off next week. Will still in the 60's during the day and quite nice:). Seems that every day my wife has another Christmas decoration to hang somewhere on the houseo_O. I'm not real big on having all this stuff because then you have to take it down and store it somewhere:thumbsdown: but I do like to see it all on other people's homes LOL😄

View attachment 1694792
Thanks Bill :) It sounds nice there :) I know what you mean about having to put all the stuff away again in a few more weeks :rolleyes: :D Your Barlow is looking good buddy :) :thumbsup:
Yeah. There were one or two I used to not send a card to, but they would, so I would send one next year and they wouldn't...
I might send three this year.
I want to keep in good with my cousin with the super-children. The daughter, who excels at everything from dancing to dagger-throwing, is likely to become a brilliant cardiologist any day now. If she hasn't already.
Maybe I'll send a few more cards and have a few thinking, "Oh, no, here we go again".
[looks like I have to buy some]
Blackadder with "racing possums". My BIL is such a dreary, practical sort.
CqWtGhG.jpg
That's a funny pic Jer :D I have two addresses for one old acquaintance, and every year, I can never remember which one it is, so I ended up sending two cards! :D :thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Hope your weekend is of to a good start.
Hope you're having a good one John :) :thumbsup:
View attachment 1694958
Stagurday lambsfoot today. I had a full day yesterday: grading and then I spent about three hours sharpening A set of eight knives for a buddy of mine who wants to resell them since he has a new set. A couple of them were in Very bad shape: broken tip here, huge chip there, and overall the knives were poorly maintained (which he already knew). It gave me an excuse to try out my new 320 grit suehiro water stone. I’m not sure if it is as good as my king stones, but it did fine.

Have a great day folks!
Sounds like you've been busy Joshua :) Nice to see your AC :thumbsup:
Have a great weekend, lamb fans ;)

Rxtgoqm.jpeg
Cool pic Mike :) Your beads always make me think of slingshots! :D I haven't been able to use one for the past 3 months, because of RSI in my thumb, which has been both painful and debilitating. Tonight, I glanced out of the window to see a street cat about to start rooting through my next-door neighbour's over-full bin. Realising that the garbage would most likely end up in my garden, I banged on the window a few times, but the cat just ignored me, so I reluctantly picked up my slingshot. I didn't want to hit the cat, just scare it off, and so putting a clay ball in the pouch, I aimed at the corner of the bin lid. I'm not sure how far it is from my window to the bin, but it's well over 60ft, so I was pleased to hit it with the first shot, and send the cat fleeing! It hurt my fun, but my pride was satisfied! :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm afraid the weather here only got worse, so my woods walk was abandoned in favour of a shopping trip. Got to eat lunch at a nice Middle Eastern place though :) Heading out to a birthday party this evening :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

bVMMMAe.jpg

ggAxHLd.jpg

DBAPDES.jpg

Nice photo of your HHB Jack. We've been fortunate with our weather here in NC:thumbsup:. Very mild so far but cooling off next week. Will still in the 60's during the day and quite nice:). Seems that every day my wife has another Christmas decoration to hang somewhere on the houseo_O. I'm not real big on having all this stuff because then you have to take it down and store it somewhere:thumbsdown: but I do like to see it all on other people's homes LOL😄

View attachment 1694792
I always love seeing the Hartshead Barlows- GREAT Knives! ( Thank you Jack) This beauty ^^^^ I really appreciate as well!

I have not, but now I'll have to add it to the list. Thanks :)
If you have kiddos, they'll love them, too (at least, my boys do). I've been reading them to my boys for a second time in the evenings.
Thanks Bill :) It sounds nice there :) I know what you mean about having to put all the stuff away again in a few more weeks :rolleyes: :D Your Barlow is looking good buddy :) :thumbsup:

That's a funny pic Jer :D I have two addresses for one old acquaintance, and every year, I can never remember which one it is, so I ended up sending two cards! :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic Mike :) Your beads always make me think of slingshots! :D I haven't been able to use one for the past 3 months, because of RSI in my thumb, which has been both painful and debilitating. Tonight, I glanced out of the window to see a street cat about to start rooting through my next-door neighbour's over-full bin. Realising that the garbage would most likely end up in my garden, I banged on the window a few times, but the cat just ignored me, so I reluctantly picked up my slingshot. I didn't want to hit the cat, just scare it off, and so putting a clay ball in the pouch, I aimed at the corner of the bin lid. I'm not sure how far it is from my window to the bin, but it's well over 60ft, so I was pleased to hit it with the first shot, and send the cat fleeing! It hurt my fun, but my pride was satisfied! :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm afraid the weather here only got worse, so my woods walk was abandoned in favour of a shopping trip. Got to eat lunch at a nice Middle Eastern place though :) Heading out to a birthday party this evening :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

bVMMMAe.jpg

ggAxHLd.jpg

DBAPDES.jpg
Thanks, Jack! How was the meal? It looks good.

Great pics Gary :cool: :) As I was scrolling down, I thought Rudolf was a slingshot! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) I suppose Rudolf could be used as a quite weak, but holiday-cheerfilled, slingshot! 😁
And speaking of slingshots and how your thumb is keeping you from enjoying that hobby the way you did several months ago, would it be possible for you to learn "ambidextrous catapulting" by developing your ability to shoot "opposite-handed", and thus avoid pain?

- GT

Thanks, Jack. :) I suppose Rudolf could be used as a quite weak, but holiday-cheerfilled, slingshot! 😁
And speaking of slingshots and how your thumb is keeping you from enjoying that hobby the way you did several months ago, would it be possible for you to learn "ambidextrous catapulting" by developing your ability to shoot "opposite-handed", and thus avoid pain?

- GT
Thanks for the suggestion Gary, I hadn't even considered that :D Unfortunately, I have a very weak left eye, but I guess nothing is insurmountable :) Trigger mechanisms are available which would stop the stain on my thumb, but they are expensive, and perhaps take some of the fun out of using a slingshot :thumbsup:

51P63mIuC+L.jpg

Very cool picture. 🤠 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:
Getting the holiday spirit 😃.
View attachment 1695270
Fantastic pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I had an enjoyable time at my neighbor's birthday party, to which his friends came from as far as Paris. I was the only person there not born in the Ivory Coast, and spent the entire evening speaking French, which I've not done in a very long time :) The weather here is still pretty awful, so I'm not sure I'll be going anywhere today, but I certainly have plenty of jobs to get on with :rolleyes: I thought I'd carry my SamDamLamb :D Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

LmvxKke.jpg

bVMMMAe.jpg

ggAxHLd.jpg

DBAPDES.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion Gary, I hadn't even considered that :D Unfortunately, I have a very weak left eye, but I guess nothing is insurmountable :) Trigger mechanisms are available which would stop the stain on my thumb, but they are expensive, and perhaps take some of the fun out of using a slingshot :thumbsup:

51P63mIuC+L.jpg

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I had an enjoyable time at my neighbor's birthday party, to which his friends came from as far as Paris. I was the only person there not born in the Ivory Coast, and spent the entire evening speaking French, which I've not done in a very long time :) The weather here is still pretty awful, so I'm not sure I'll be going anywhere today, but I certainly have plenty of jobs to get on with :rolleyes: I thought I'd carry my SamDamLamb :D Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

LmvxKke.jpg

Just thought of one of the jobs I need to do! 🥱

PWgodIt.jpg
Some very cool photos Jack:thumbsup:. Hope I can get some "Holiday" flavor into a photo or two with my Lambsfoot knives:)IMG_2245.JPG. I'll work on it later though.🙂

View attachment 1695527My first Lambsfoot, a Rodgers.

I kinda doubt it will be my last.
Welcome to The Guardians Will! :) Thanks for showing your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Please read post #1 in this thread. Among other things, it will give you a link to the thread index, and the Guardians World Map :thumbsup:

I'm very impressed with the languages you can speak, Jack. Languages have always been tough for me, I didn't think I'd ever get my college degree because I kept failing my language classes.
Thank you John, but I'm far from a polyglot, and find remembering anything difficult as I get older. Having not spoken French for more than a dozen years, I was quite pleased with the way it came back to me though, even though it is still far from good :)

Good Morning Guardians
Foggy and chilly morning here today.
Luckily I only have a small amount of outside chores to finish and then i'll be in my warm house watching football on TV.

I've just been outside myself John, but it's gone dark now, and I hope not to have to go out again ;) Hope you have a great afternoon watching football with your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

40s and rain here, all my chores, including decorating the tree, will be indoor today. If anything needs cutting, I have no doubt this will handle it. 😉👍View attachment 1695560
That should do the job Todd! :) Great pic :cool: :thumbsup:

t1qSo6u.jpg

Back