Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Enjoyed the market report. Sorry your BP is up. Hopefully it won't stay up. I have a friend who is around 6' 2' skinny as a rail and can eat way more than any human I've ever encountered or heard about. I'd like to see him and Tool Man have an eating contest. šŸ˜ it's cloudy and cool today. Have a doctor's appointment here in a bit.
Thank you David :) That would be a fun contest to organise wouldn't it? Probably an expensive one too! šŸ¤£ Just about all the big eaters I'm known have been skinny guys, and while Tool Man can put it away, I'm not sure he's anywhere near the level of the 'professional eaters', who are also most slim folks, (from what I've seen anyway). This guy is from Leeds, but I think he'd wipe the floor with Tool Man! šŸ¤£

One for Paul Jakeywax31 Jakeywax31

Jack, Iā€™ve struggled with high blood pressure for many years. I finally have it under control. I take one 10mg of Lisinopril a day. Now my BP is stable. Just took mine and it was 104/60. The Systolic number is the one that you want to keep an eye on. Yours appears to be high. As my brother whoā€™s a board certified ER doc says you can feel normal but high BP is the, ā€œSilent killerā€. Take care šŸ‘.
I'm very sorry to hear that Dan, but glad you have it under control buddy. Wow, that's a lot less than mine, even after an evening of green tea, yoga breathing, quiet reading, and a early night (I'm going to have to get Tool Man on that regime! :D), my 2 readings this mornings were 167/91 and 151/91. Thanks a lot for the advice :thumbsup:
Afternoon Guardians! Trust everyone is having a good day. Blue Lamb šŸ‘

True blue David :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, yes it is šŸ‘

Cheers buddy !

Blue Beauty !
Really classy my friend :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Hope itā€™s a good Thursday for everyone. Hereā€™s some colorful covers on these two.

Had a knife ordered with signature on delivery. Sometimes USPS mystifies me. I checked tracking today again. I was surprised to see it delivered to a P.O. Box in a town a couple of hundred miles away. Not soon later the package arrived here and I signed for it. I showed the tracking info to the postman and he had no idea either. Glad I got it though. And it was a lambsfoot. Iā€™m like Tool Man and breakfastā€¦canā€™t have enough I guess.

edit: seller entered wrong tracking so my apologies to USPS.

View attachment 2553853
Congratulations Kurt, those two are very handsome :) I'm glad they made it :) It's great to see more American Lambs :) :thumbsup:
Bonus pic šŸ‘

Pretty perfect :cool: :) :thumbsup:
May I ask did the doctor request you take it twice a day ?
If I may from 1 stress head to another,
Take your blood pressure at the same time each day, when you do take it 2 or 3 times to learn to relax while taking it. If it varies in 24 hours you can figure what's different. Did something occur, to much coffee, beers. You have to be part Sherlock .
I had to change my diet, always checking sodium levels & such. I know I post coffee pics but thatā€™s a treat. I love coffee and used to drink LOTS. These days I only ever have 2 for the day.
You can do it, mine's in the 120s when I was diagnosed it was over 200.

Great pics of Tool Man. I would say do his BP but I think he is a machine šŸ˜
Thanks a lot for the advice Mitch :) Yeah, the doc told me to take it twice a day. I'll try to get more consistent with the times. I think that very high first reading was partly due to my surprise at how tight the cuff was going, and thinking I had done something wrong! :eek: I haven't used salt in cooking for years, but I guess it's in other stuff I eat. I do enjoy my coffee, but never exceed 2 cups a day. I've been drinking more wine the past week or two, but should cut down on my boozing. My diet has not been so good this past year or two, as I'm cooking for myself most of the time. I also eat out more than in the past. I've had a very stressful 6 months though Mitch, which I'm guessing could have made a contribution. It sounds like you have yours under control now mate :) It's come as a surprise, as I've never had a BP problem in the past :( :thumbsup:
Thanks pal. You need to get on top of that bp. It's usually a pretty simple fix with the proper med.
Thanks DWight, I'm going to call in the docs this morning :thumbsup:
Shepherd's pie tonight! Or perhaps more accurately cottage pie. :)
picture uploader
That looks delicious my friend :) :thumbsup:
That doesn't look so bad.
An unimpeachable source told me recently that older people are healthier with higher BPs, so when you're older you'll be just fine.
NrNydWr.jpg
I hope I GET older! :D :thumbsup:
Tell that to the EMTs when they are applying the paddles on your chest.
:eek::eek::thumbsup:
Jb lamb
Rained most of last night, suns out now, more rain expected this afternoon.
I hope you don't get more than is needed mate :) Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:
Well, letā€™s add a red one to the mix.
View attachment 2554181
Very colourful Dan :) :thumbsup:
Wife was off today so I took her out for an early afternoon steak and a cocktail. One steak and a couple limes for my wifeā€™s drink have Patinaā€™d the heck out of the Charlie lamb. It is well on its way now!! At work now on a quieter day. Not a whole lot goin on so it ā€œshouldā€ be an easy shift. Charlie lamb is on duty tonight. Hope everyone had a great day.

s5T50dK.jpeg
That's patinaed nicely Paul :cool: That sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon pal :) Hope there were no surprises overnight ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, thanks for all the helpful advice regarding my blood pressure :) I'm off to the docs this morning, and then going to head into town for a haircut, and buy some healthy food for the weekend ;) Wishing everyone a good day :) Charlie Lamb in my pocket :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, thanks for all the helpful advice regarding my blood pressure :) I'm off to the docs this morning, and then going to head into town for a haircut, and buy some healthy food for the weekend ;) Wishing everyone a good day :) Charlie Lamb in my pocket :thumbsup:
Have a great day, Jack. Hope the doctors visit doesnā€™t turn out to be a pain.

Like to report that the Charlie lamb did get used at work tonight. Opened a bag of gummies and some sunflower seedsšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Notice how the gummy bag says share sizeā€¦..not likely. I could have easily opened them by hand but Iā€™m not a Barbarian šŸ˜. These seeds are amazing by the way. Jack Black Jack Black are sunflower seeds popular in the UK?

Zh3nT1H.jpeg

Thank you David :) That would be a fun contest to organise wouldn't it? Probably an expensive one too! šŸ¤£ Just about all the big eaters I'm known have been skinny guys, and while Tool Man can put it away, I'm not sure he's anywhere near the level of the 'professional eaters', who are also most slim folks, (from what I've seen anyway). This guy is from Leeds, but I think he'd wipe the floor with Tool Man! šŸ¤£

I'm very sorry to hear that Dan, but glad you have it under control buddy. Wow, that's a lot less than mine, even after an evening of green tea, yoga breathing, quiet reading, and a early night (I'm going to have to get Tool Man on that regime! :D), my 2 readings this mornings were 167/91 and 151/91. Thanks a lot for the advice :thumbsup:

Really classy my friend :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Kurt, those two are very handsome :) I'm glad they made it :) It's great to see more American Lambs :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the advice Mitch :) Yeah, the doc told me to take it twice a day. I'll try to get more consistent with the times. I think that very high first reading was partly due to my surprise at how tight the cuff was going, and thinking I had done something wrong! :eek: I haven't used salt in cooking for years, but I guess it's in other stuff I eat. I do enjoy my coffee, but never exceed 2 cups a day. I've been drinking more wine the past week or two, but should cut down on my boozing. My diet has not been so good this past year or two, as I'm cooking for myself most of the time. I also eat out more than in the past. I've had a very stressful 6 months though Mitch, which I'm guessing could have made a contribution. It sounds like you have yours under control now mate :) It's come as a surprise, as I've never had a BP problem in the past :( :thumbsup:

Thanks DWight, I'm going to call in the docs this morning :thumbsup:

That looks delicious my friend :) :thumbsup:

I hope I GET older! :D :thumbsup:

:eek::eek::thumbsup:

I hope you don't get more than is needed mate :) Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Very colourful Dan :) :thumbsup:

That's patinaed nicely Paul :cool: That sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon pal :) Hope there were no surprises overnight ;) :thumbsup:

You'll get there mate šŸ‘šŸ‘
Have a good day.

Sounds like you've got your hands full buddy šŸ˜± Nice shot of your camo Lamb! šŸ˜šŸ‘
I could manage my time a little better if Iā€™m honest. Thanks, Buddy.
Nice one buddy !
Appreciate it, Steve.
Carpark Dave
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Those names get me every time.
Always like seeing that St Patricks lamb Paul.
Thanks, Dwight. That lamb that Pete gifted you sure is sweet.
Good bone on that Wright.
Thanks, David. Lucky to own it.

Wife was off today so I took her out for an early afternoon steak and a cocktail. One steak and a couple limes for my wifeā€™s drink have Patinaā€™d the heck out of the Charlie lamb. It is well on its way now!! At work now on a quieter day. Not a whole lot goin on so it ā€œshouldā€ be an easy shift. Charlie lamb is on duty tonight. Hope everyone had a great day.

s5T50dK.jpeg

Steak gives the best patina ! šŸ˜

Thanks pal !

Good luck at the docs !

I'm carrying my Charlie Lamb today as well šŸ‘

Little spotty but hey it will even out over time. Iā€™m not saving my knives for the next guy šŸ˜‚. No surprises thank goodness.
Neither am I, especially if the next guy is Tool Man! :eek: šŸ¤£ :thumbsup: Good news pal :thumbsup:
Have a great day, Jack. Hope the doctors visit doesnā€™t turn out to be a pain.
It was really stress-free Paul, I called in in the morning, spoke to the receptionist, who took a copy of my BP record over the past few days, and asked me if I could call back later. I went to town, got some shopping, called back at the docs, and got seen straight away. Doc prescribed me some new tablets, and sent the prescription to the pharmacy downstairs, so I could pick them up on my way out. She suggested blood tests, and gave me the option of making an appointment there, or calling in at the hospital up the road. I chose the latter, and was in and out again. If only it was like that with those rotten dentists! :rolleyes:
Like to report that the Charlie lamb did get used at work tonight. Opened a bag of gummies and some sunflower seedsšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Notice how the gummy bag says share sizeā€¦..not likely. I could have easily opened them by hand but Iā€™m not a Barbarian šŸ˜. These seeds are amazing by the way. Jack Black Jack Black are sunflower seeds popular in the UK?

Zh3nT1H.jpeg
By coincidence, I've just eaten some sunflower seeds myself Paul, but they're not popular as a snack, and I don't recall seeing flavoured ones. Probably be the next craze! :D :thumbsup:
You'll get there mate šŸ‘šŸ‘
Have a good day.
Thanks Mitch :) :thumbsup:
I could manage my time a little better if Iā€™m honest. Thanks, Buddy.
I'm glad it's going easy at work, at least :) :thumbsup:
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Those names get me every time.
Dave is the market carpark attendant, but he hasn't worked there long. He was a nurse for a long time, but had some trouble with a new manager. Dave broke his nose! :eek: At least it was at the hospital! :D Dave is unrepentant, and seems fairly happy in his new career! šŸ¤£:thumbsup:
Salt in cooking has virtually no effect on BP, it is the added salts in processed food.
Thanks for the info Leon :) :thumbsup:
Steak gives the best patina ! šŸ˜
I love the colours you get on a polished blade :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Good luck at the docs !

I'm carrying my Charlie Lamb today as well šŸ‘
Thanks a lot Steve, great choice :) :thumbsup:

Pets are the best. Iā€™ve always had dogs and cats but have just have a cat now. I think they are a great health benefit. My life is for the better because of them. Hereā€™s the new lambsfoot with an Albers. The Toole has been used a little. Still working sharp but Iā€™m going to re-profile it with my KME for its betterment. And I almost forgotā€¦Happy Friday.
IMG_2831.jpeg

Pets are the best. Iā€™ve always had dogs and cats but have just have a cat now. I think they are a great health benefit. My life is for the better because of them. Hereā€™s the new lambsfoot with an Albers. The Toole has been used a little. Still working sharp but Iā€™m going to re-profile it with my KME for its betterment. And I almost forgotā€¦Happy Friday.
View attachment 2554496

That's a beauty, congrats !

Blue Beauty !
Thanks pal!

Good golly that guy can put it away! :eek:
Thanks pard! šŸ¤ 

Charlie Lamb looking good šŸ‘

Back