Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Picked up a new wes'kit ;) :thumbsup:

HOSdQBj.jpg

Why'd they have to stitch the darn pockets up?! o_O
Are the pockets stitched closed, Jack? :eek: These Canadian Smarties were originally made by Rowntree a company in York England.

Black licorice and dark chocolate for me too.

I should just post this picture in my signature, it's with me most every day.

Black coffee? :thumbsup:

Are the pockets stitched closed, Jack? :eek: These Canadian Smarties were originally made by Rowntree a company in York England.

They are Dave, most annoying o_O I know them well Dave, they were taken over by Nestle some years ago unfortunately :(

I think so you would have another task for your knife!

Yes indeed Dave, a Lambsfoot is probably well-suited (no pun intended) to the job ;) Usually (with suits), the stitching is quite loose, but these are stitched quite thoroughly, with just a small gap on either end. I hope I don't go right through the cloth :eek:

I know them well Dave, they were taken over by Nestle some years ago unfortunately :(
Another big corporate take over :thumbsdown: Years ago I was working for an independent Grocer loved working there. A large corporate chain swooped in and bought them out. Most of us were forced out one way or another, so they could bring in the clones that had stars in their eyes, and would work 20 to 30 hrs extra for no pay.

The Senator and his Horn! ;) Hopefully those people in Queens will wakeup and I'll have something really special to show before long! :D

46722873212_16d31cf22a_b.jpg

Looks good Ron, hope you get your Special Delivery soon my friend :) :thumbsup:

Another big corporate take over :thumbsdown: Years ago I was working for an independent Grocer loved working there. A large corporate chain swooped in and bought them out. Most of us were forced out one way or another, so they could bring in the clones that had stars in their eyes, and would work 20 to 30 hrs extra for no pay.

Sorry to hear that Dave :( I think there was a time when that sort of thing was rare, and folks were at the same firm most of their working lives. Now you've got asset-strippers, pension-robbers, nobody has a safe job anymore. My grandfather was a wire-weaver, the sixth employee of a firm that became huge. I have the Smiths of London solid gold watch he got for 25 years service on the shop-floor. When was the last time you heard of some lowly worker getting one of those, most have gone through half a dozen firms in that time? :(

Thanks. I prefer black licorice as a sweet treat but the students don't like it much. :D

Very cool looking rifle. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, I like chocolate to salve my sweet tooth.
Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Too right! :D :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great time Preston, what sort of ranges were you shooting at? I like the pic, Rosie must have had fun :) :thumbsup:

Good reason to stick to liquorice! :D :thumbsup:
The gun club I belong to owns 560 acres about 25 miles southeast of where I live, about a 40 minute drive. You can read and see it here https://www.blgc.org/
Picked up a new wes'kit ;) :thumbsup:

HOSdQBj.jpg

Why'd they have to stitch the darn pockets up?! o_O
Very classy! They do that so you don't gum it all up with licorice or chocolate;)
Black licorice and dark chocolate for me too.

I should just post this picture in my signature, it's with me most every day.
Yes, you should!

Thanks, I like chocolate to salve my sweet tooth.

The gun club I belong to owns 560 acres about 25 miles southeast of where I live, about a 40 minute drive. You can read and see it here https://www.blgc.org/

Very classy! They do that so you don't gum it all up with licorice or chocolate;)

Yes, you should!

Thanks for the link Preston, the gun club I used to belong to had premises about the size of my house and garden! :D

LOL! Very good :D I once saw a feller get chewing gum on a Harris Tweed jacket - nasty! :eek:

Black and strong. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Same here buddy, the nearer I can get to standing a spoon up in it, the better :D :thumbsup:

The main reason is for keeping its shape as it moves from manufacturer to customer. Some leave it that way for the same reason. Smart looking wes’kit(vest?) to go with your Stag Lamb.

Thanks Harvey, yes, a vest, usually called a waistcoat here, a vest is underwear, though you sometimes here it used in things like 'shooting vest' (had mine on today, even though I can no longer shoot) or 'fishing vest', but those are imported phrases really. Wes'kit is an old Yorkshire way of saying waistcoat, it always used to make me laugh as a kid when my dad said it :) :thumbsup:

Hoping some more of the Damascus knives are going to be landing today :) :thumbsup:

RUfaV6p.jpg

The reticle on mine is Leupold's Tactical Milling Reticle and the adjustments are MOA(minute of angle),very confusing for me. Just means that I have to go more often:D:p:D
Doh! Makes life harder when the reticle and adjustment are different systems. I use MOA because that is what I learned. Practice makes perfect :thumbsup:

...and beautiful knife of course :)

I could be wrong, but I think W willisoften is talking about the gap between the blade tang and the brass liner.

There is definite step between the end of the spring and the tang of the blade exactly 1.5mm not much but spoiling the line of the knife, I find it unsightly but Jack Black doesn't regard it as a fault, the blade doesn't knock from side to side a sits solid and tight.

There is definite step between the end of the spring and the tang of the blade exactly 1.5mm not much but spoiling the line of the knife, I find it unsightly but Jack Black doesn't regard it as a fault, the blade doesn't knock from side to side a sits solid and tight.
Several of my knives are like that, including my desert ironwood lambsfoot; doesn't bother me. But I understand. My stag lambsfoot blade is exactly flush with the spring and it looks better.

I could be wrong, but I think W willisoften is talking about the gap between the blade tang and the brass liner.

Happy Tuesday, Guardians!
JdUP6Od.jpg

Sorry Mark, I missed your post until Will quoted it :( Nice shot of your '19 there :) :thumbsup:

They're built like that deliberately, but I guess not everyone appreciates them like that (if you do a search on the subject of 'underblading' you'll come across various discussions, though some folks confuse under-blading with blade-cant). Do you mind me asking how much (approximately) you paid for the knife?

Last edited:
What a year eh Dylan? :) Lovely '18 my friend :) :thumbsup:

Another phantom black prince.

Great photo, Dylan, Vince and John want you to know you're a bit behind on your cap collection:D:p

Thank you, lads. And yes, Preston, I'm afraid I have some catching up to do... However, when I do see a bottle cap that I like, I glue a small magnet to the underside and then stick it on my fridge. I have a growing collection accumulating on there. :D

Spectacular mail call this evening...what a beauty! :eek: Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for making this happen :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1107075
View attachment 1107076 View attachment 1107077

Very, very nice, Darren. You know, I am usually not a fan of snakewood, although I might be in the minority. I've always found the grain too uniform and I view it to be the "carbon fiber" of woods. That said, it pairs so exceptionally well with that Damascus and file work.

Truly, a stunning knife.

Very, very nice, Darren. You know, I am usually not a fan of snakewood, although I might be in the minority. I've always found the grain too uniform and I view it to be the "carbon fiber" of woods. That said, it pairs so exceptionally well with that Damascus and file work.

Truly, a stunning knife.
Thanks Dylan :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: If I'm being honest, I appreciate the beauty but normally do not go for Snakewood either. In fact, I ended up selling my #14 SFO in Snakewood shortly after I bought it. However, I knew when I saw the initial photos of this one that it worked really well and I couldn't be more pleased at the moment.
Looking forward to seeing more photos from the Damascus run!

Back