Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hoping I've not missed anyone :eek: Sometimes seem to lose quotes :(

What a great photo, Jack! :thumbsup:

Thank you Vince :) Such incredible weather here at the moment :) :thumbsup:

A good Easter weekend too for you Jack.
This picture of your little ghost is great!!!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much Jose :) :thumbsup:

Today put a little bit more of my memories, not forgetting the beautiful Guardians 19!!!;):thumbsup:

2ptzeyw.jpg

Great to see :) :thumbsup:

Just noon here and enjoying some of that "liquid sunshine" we are famous for!

OrAw1su.jpg

Fantastic stuff Barry :) :thumbsup:

Today with my new A. Wright & Son Lambsfoot in Buffalo horn!!!:cool::thumbsup:

2czdm5c.jpg

Looking good! :) :thumbsup:

Glad your day was enjoyable, Jack. Lucy is beautiful and deserves to be in front of the camera...as do many of your others!

Do like that green/brown bone Lambsfoot, very nice shot Jose!

That is a wonderful photo, Barry. Get the Lambsfoot in and dried off...have some liquid refreshment for yourself!
Well darn, I was do some work while on the driveway, Rosie slipped out of my hand and bounced on the concrete. First on one end and then the other.:mad: You can see the damage, not really bad but I'd rather it not happen and not be a BFO!
DSC_0286.JPG

Thank you Preston, Lucy was hogging the camera, but I took nearly as many pics of The Black Prince. Sadly, they all turned out to be out of focus though :( I'm wondering if he's trying to hide a secret identity or something :rolleyes: I did get this one ;)

PuJwGCN.jpg

Sorry about Rosie Preston, but I think a time will come when you'll run your fingers over those 'scars' with affection :) :thumbsup:

Good news Jack. The future of a British company and jobs secured then. The main reason I buy Wright's knives. :thumbsup:

Crikey! I hope they don't breed like...well...rabbits...:eek:

Happy Easter everyone.
jfKxzBM.jpg

Cheers pal :) :thumbsup:

Another hazy IPA :confused:
View attachment 1113934
I need to clean my bar topo_O

Looks delicious Taylor :thumbsup:

Hey, good enough for the Fonz, good enough for me!:D Trophy?
View attachment 1113942

Thank you, Dwight!

Wonderful photo of a great knife!:):thumbsup:

Thanks, Dylan. They're pretty proud of their products!

NICE!:cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful all the way around, John!:cool::thumbsup:

There's a diamond amongst the stones! Nice photo, Preston!;):thumbsup:

She's a grand ol' girl for sure!:cool::thumbsup:

Nice!:thumbsup:
Time for some playin'!

Before you know it, it will be Old Farter Father! :D:thumbsup: Nice shot!!

Cool photo, Vince!:):thumbsup:

Another great shot, Dave!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kinda creepy peekaboo thing going on!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congratulations! Welcome aboard. They really are a treat to carry!:cool::thumbsup:

Nice one, OG!
I've been listening a lot to Gov't Mule's version of "I'd Rather Go Blind ", she had some great ones!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I see what you did there!:D:thumbsup:

And another beautiful photo, John!:):thumbsup:

Well Lucy is looking exceptional today!:eek::thumbsup:

Both great photos, José!:cool::thumbsup:

Very nice photo, great setting!!:thumbsup:

:oops: She just needs her confidence built back up, she's still a great looker!! Nice shot, Preston!

Very nice, David!!:cool::thumbsup::)

Mine today...
View attachment 1113941

LOL! Thanks for the pic buddy, doesn't Henry Winkler look young? :D :thumbsup: Lucy thanks you for the compliment Dennis ;) Great pic there :) :thumbsup:

The carry today Miller High Life cap lifter and the 2018 Guardian knife!
View attachment 1113943

Nice Taylor :) :thumbsup:

I've got a fridge full! Gonna do some liquid therapy with my lifetime buddy today. His long time, live in girlfriend just broke up with him. I feel terrible for him:thumbsdown:.

Sorry to hear about your pal Taylor, hope some beer and an understanding ear has salved his pain a little :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pic and gorgeous valley Jack!

Been hard at it today and will be hard at it tomorrow! Have a great weekend y'all.

View attachment 1113970

Thank you Dwight :) Looks like you've got your work cut out there my friend, hope you get some time to relax too :thumbsup: Thanks for yet another great pic :thumbsup:

Glad it was a good day, Jack. Get some rest, we'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks buddy :) Taken me 2 hours to catch up here, so far :eek:

Hey hey! :) :thumbsup:
Hearing this and about the change of ownership, I find very heartening!
I will be buying more A. Wrights knives.

Thanks for the good news Jack!

Michael

Great stuff Michael :) :thumbsup:

Well, finally it's here! Last I knew, this AM, it was on it's way from Puerto Rico. I just happened to check again, this PM, and it was here. Needing a signature the postal agent couldn't leave in my box at the mail house. I had to hurry into town before the Post Office closed. I'll unwrap and take a quick photo in a bit. Need to eat and get things ready for dog training tomorrow. Rosie is anxious to see the new one too!
IMG_1076.JPG

Great stuff Preston, I'm glad it finally made it :) :thumbsup:

RALF (and I) preparing for a sundowner!

NsKv1GY.jpg

Cool pic Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Jack does a great job of packaging these knives he sends out. I have no doubt that this one's passage was difficult...starting in the UK, then to LA then to Puerto Rico and finally here. My camera and computer were not cooperating but, I did get a few photos, however the shots of the Damascus blade didn't turn out well. This Snakewood Damascus Lambsfoot is just gorgeous, I like everything about it! Thank you, Jack Black and Ashley, at Wright's
DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

Thanks Preston, I find myself constantly searching for new packaging options these days! :D Even regret throwing out all those old VHS tapes as the cases were TOUGH (and the sleeves would have made good photo backgrounds)! :rolleyes:

Since I have never ordered anything that was to be delivered from overseas, approximately how long should it take to receive my knife from A Wright & Sons to South Carolina? Looking forward to getting it!
Larry

Depends how it was shipped, Priority is supposed to be 4-7 days, but it's invariably longer. On average, I'd say give it a couple of weeks, but depending on where you live, and a whole number of other factors, it could take longer :thumbsup:

Today I went with good old ebony
VtD8O73.jpg

Always a great choice my friend :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful!!! Mine finally made it to Sacramento, should be here tomorrow!!!

Yay! Hope so! :) :thumbsup:

Amazing, I really like this one! Really easy drinking for an 8% ale!

One of my favorites. I like the red (7%) and blue (9%) labels even more.

I used to drink a lot of the Blue in a bar I went to on Sunday afternoons, I only realised how strong it is recently! :D :thumbsup:

That's exciting news, Jack! :thumbsup: Interesting about the seconds, as well.

Having driven a bit over there, I can see why! Some of the roads are scary enough in a car! :eek: ;) :D

(I may have mentioned this before, but some time after our first trip to England, I realized that some of the more questionable back roads that we took when we drove down to Durdle Door would have been very near the location where T.E. Lawrence was killed in a motorcycle accident.)

Today I decided to give this Canadian confection, which I've seen posted several times in this thread, a try. I figured my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot would be a good photo-companion. :thumbsup:

Y37T5F2.jpg

Great to see you here Barrett, great pic my friend, hope you're having a great Easter weekend :) :thumbsup: Yeah, we have some scary roads for sure :eek:

WeRFqBB.jpg

Stag Saturday, right?

I always marvel at that 'creek' Vince :) :thumbsup:

Trappist ales are my favorite! Ever tried an Orval? Rochefort?

If you like Chimay you’ll like those. You might find Westmalle, too.

All excellent :thumbsup:

Last one....I swear....
View attachment 1114145
Very good, is an easy drinker!

Excellent pic Taylor, that's a real nice patina :) :thumbsup:

I'll be back later folks :thumbsup:

Hello guys, a good weekend and good Easter (for those who are believers), today I walk with my Pére David who is staying every day that passes very clear with the use.
I even thought about something (maybe crazy), that if I polish, it will be white and different!!!:cool::thumbsup:

24cxh81.jpg
2lvhdf5.jpg

Jack does a great job of packaging these knives he sends out. I have no doubt that this one's passage was difficult...starting in the UK, then to LA then to Puerto Rico and finally here. My camera and computer were not cooperating but, I did get a few photos, however the shots of the Damascus blade didn't turn out well. This Snakewood Damascus Lambsfoot is just gorgeous, I like everything about it! Thank you, Jack Black and Ashley, at Wright's
DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

Congratulations Preston, this knife is really beautiful!!!:D:thumbsup:

Hello guys, a good weekend and good Easter (for those who are believers), today I walk with my Pére David who is staying every day that passes very clear with the use.
I even thought about something (maybe crazy), that if I polish, it will be white and different!!!:cool::thumbsup:

24cxh81.jpg
2lvhdf5.jpg

Cool pics Jose :) :thumbsup:

@Foddering Nice view of Your Lamb and the Ponderosa.:)
I’m also a big Westerns fan. My childhood was filled with cowboys. Lonesome Dove is one of my all time favorites. Larry McMurtry’s books on the West are some of the best. Still like robots and AI, tho.
Thanks Harvey.

Looks like they came to load up my rock and ship it to me
:D

That's exciting news, Jack! :thumbsup: Interesting about the seconds, as well.

Having driven a bit over there, I can see why! Some of the roads are scary enough in a car! :eek: ;) :D

(I may have mentioned this before, but some time after our first trip to England, I realized that some of the more questionable back roads that we took when we drove down to Durdle Door would have been very near the location where T.E. Lawrence was killed in a motorcycle accident.)

Today I decided to give this Canadian confection, which I've seen posted several times in this thread, a try. I figured my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot would be a good photo-companion. :thumbsup:

Y37T5F2.jpg
That ironwood sure is exceptional. It looks like animal fur.

Hoping I've not missed anyone :eek: Sometimes seem to lose quotes
Jack I've definitely been losing some of the posts that I've quoted. Seems to be happening at random and more often. Problem with it is you don't realize you've lost em so you think you answered!

Thank you Dwight :) Looks like you've got your work cut out there my friend, hope you get some time to relax too :thumbsup: Thanks for yet another great pic
Thanks Jack.

I'm really loving these white lambs!

Have a great day folks........ Moon Setfullsizeoutput_1615.jpeg

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG
That is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Grouping these posts together...
I'm like Preston: I take it slow and get other things out of the way, and then opening the package is almost a ritual or ceremony. ;)

Same here Vince. A moment to savor.

That's how I do it as well, sometimes I will let the package sit to the side for a half hour or so then open it methodically. :)

I applaud your restraint, gentlemen.
I am however like a kid at Christmas, I can't wait to rip it open and see what I got.

TJack I've definitely been losing some of the posts that I've quoted. Seems to be happening at random and more often. Problem with it is you don't realize you've lost em so you think you answered!

Thanks Jack.

I'm really loving these white lambs!

Have a great day folks........ Moon SetView attachment 1114211

It can be very easy to miss one can't it Dwight? :( Fantastic pic my friend :thumbsup:

Y37T5F2.jpg
Oh ya, you're going to like those treats. Nice picture too.

WeRFqBB.jpg

Stag Saturday, right?
Peaceful and tranquil picture, Vince.

Looking good John :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack.

Thanks buddy :) Taken me 2 hours to catch up here, so far :eek:
Must have, it took me about a half hour to read your responses. We appreciate the effort. :)

Hello guys, a good weekend and good Easter (for those who are believers)
A Happy Easter to you as well.

I like that picture so much. Well done. :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack I've definitely been losing some of the posts that I've quoted. Seems to be happening at random and more often. Problem with it is you don't realize you've lost em so you think you answered!
It gets even harder in the Guardian thread, there's just so many to quote. I've taken to just quoting one page at a time and it seems to work better for me.

Such a cool picture. I often sit outside in the evening when the weather is nice. Talking with family around the fire pit and fondling whatever knife I'm carrying that day. Great way to unwind after a long day. Your picture reminds me of that, thanks. :cool: :thumbsup:

Rxsx0lp.jpg

Heptonstall is a small old weaver's village perched on a precipitous hill high above the Calder Valley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptonstall). It is a very friendly place - well at least since Royalist forces tried to storm the place in 1643 - with a couple of pubs, a shop, a cafe, two historic churches (one ruined sadly), a small museum, and an ancient square, where once a year, on Good Friday, a mummer's play - The Pace-egg Play - is performed by a group of locals. The play, like others performed in the region, has historic roots, and a motley collection of characters, including (in the case of the Heptonstall version), Saint George, The King of Egypt, a fool (Toss-pot), and The Doctor. The language of the play is old, and formulaic, but there is a certain amount of ad-libbing, which increases throughout the day, the play being performed four times. As in earlier times, the performers retire to the pub for refreshments in between performances, and it goes downhill rapidly (with a good deal of hamming it up)!

I have been going to see the play for 18 years now, though I don't attend every year, so I have seen a few of the performers come and go, but The Doctor, who revived the play 40 years ago, has been constant throughout.

Obviously the weather makes a big difference to the attendence at the play, but since Easter is late in the calendar this year, and the weather could not be finer, we were lucky to get good seats at the rather thinly-attended first performance.

KsOQlFr.jpg

The setting of Weaver's Square is very atmospheric, and you see the same faces here year after year, often wearing the same clothes! :D

The play and the players are introduced by the Master of Ceremonies, with a fine display of casual knife juggling!

izsxHnz.jpg

The first challenge to Saint George comes from Bold Slasher.

RmyFVW6.jpg

lDUn4X8.jpg

He is vanquished, but miraculously revived from death by The Doctor, who administers medicinal 'Nip Nap'!

YIY4EPo.jpg

Next Saint George takes on The Black Prince (possibly named after my Lambsfoot! :eek:)

6odpVKP.jpg

The Black Prince, having been defeated, is mourned by The King of Egypt, seen here terrorising the crowd! :D

NhOWx4U.jpg

1dD9PRb.jpg

Hector is next to enter the fray, but needs a little physical encouragement!

gfH9z2P.jpg

1kRd7Jj.jpg

NuX2qjP.jpg

The fallen are reborn to fight again another day (or at the next performance) :)

wxCJNTC.jpg

There is much audience participation, with the funniest part yet to come, as the fool Toss-pot, selects a couple of comely maidens to kiss - they are rewarded with a Cadbury's Cream Egg! :D

P2P7BoT.jpg

IFWrK3m.jpg

Having thoroughly enjoyed the performance, unlike earlier days when I would have simply gone for a pint or three, a walk in the beautiful local countryside seemed a healthier option. When we returned a few hours later, the third performance was underway, but the square was absolutely packed, and it seemed like a good time to get a seat in the pub ;)

Pt0BNhU.jpg

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter :thumbsup:

Jack

Last edited:
Rxsx0lp.jpg

Heptonstall is a small old weaver's village perched on a precipitous hill high above the Calder Valley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptonstall). It is a very friendly place - well at least since Royalist forces tried to storm the place in 1643 - with a couple of pubs, a shop, a cafe, two historic churches (one ruined sadly), a small museum, and an ancient square, where once a year, on Good Friday, a mummer's play - The Pace-egg Play - is performed by a group of locals. The play, like others performed in the region, has historic roots, and a motley collection of characters, including (in the case of the Heptonstall version), Saint George, The King of Egypt, a fool (Toss-pot), and The Doctor. The language of the play is old, and formulaic, but there is a certain amount of ad-libbing, which increases throughout the day, the play being performed four times. As in earlier times, the performers retire to the pub for refreshments in between performances, and it goes downhill rapidly (with a good deal of hamming it up)!

I have been going to see the play for 18 years now, though I don't attend every year, so I have seen a few of the performers come and go, but The Doctor, who revived the play 40 years ago, has been constant throughout.

Obviously the weather makes a big difference to the attendence at the play, but since Easter is late in the calendar this year, and the weather could not be finer, we were lucky to get good seats at the rather thinly-attended first performance.

KsOQlFr.jpg

The setting of Weaver's Square is very atmospheric, and you see the same faces here year after year, often wearing the same clothes! :D

The play and the players are introduced by the Master of Ceremonies, with a fine display of casual knife juggling!

izsxHnz.jpg

RmyFVW6.jpg

lDUn4X8.jpg

He is vanquished, but miraculously revived from death by The Doctor, who administers medicinal 'Nip Nap'!

YIY4EPo.jpg

Next Saint George takes on The Black Prince (possibly named after my Lambsfoot! :eek:)

6odpVKP.jpg

The Black Prince, having been defeated, is mourned by The King of Egypt, seen here terrorising the crowd! :D

NhOWx4U.jpg

1dD9PRb.jpg

gfH9z2P.jpg

1kRd7Jj.jpg

NuX2qjP.jpg

The fallen are reborn to fight again another day (or at the next performance) :)

wxCJNTC.jpg

There is much audience participation, with the funniest part yet to come, as the fool Toss-pot, selects a couple of comely maidens to kiss - they are rewarded with a Cadbury's Cream Egg! :D

P2P7BoT.jpg

IFWrK3m.jpg

Having thoroughly enjoyed the performance, unlike earlier days when I would have simply gone for a pint or three, a walk in the beautiful local countryside seemed a healthier option. When we returned a few hours later, the third performance was underway, but the square was absolutely packed, and it seemed like a good time to get a seat in the pub ;)

Pt0BNhU.jpg

Jack
That was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. :cool: :thumbsup:

Rxsx0lp.jpg

KsOQlFr.jpg

izsxHnz.jpg

RmyFVW6.jpg

lDUn4X8.jpg

YIY4EPo.jpg

6odpVKP.jpg

NhOWx4U.jpg

1dD9PRb.jpg

gfH9z2P.jpg

1kRd7Jj.jpg

NuX2qjP.jpg

wxCJNTC.jpg

P2P7BoT.jpg

IFWrK3m.jpg

Pt0BNhU.jpg

Jack
Sounds like a jolly good time, Jack! Oh, I'd love to be a "casual knife juggler". Should I start with lambsfoots? Shouldn't be too hard with two!

Back