• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hand Engraving by Sarah Ladd - Fine art engraving, pure gold inlay, diamond setting

can I have one?

I'm guessing that you drew that? very cool.
Yes and yes :) I do all my design work for my engraving in vectors, which makes all the art assets I create infinitely scaleable, reusable, and ideal for print media. It makes doing cool things like logos, banners, stickers, business cards, web assets and more an easy task. Unintended bonus, I'll take it!
I’d love one also. Be glad to post payment to your account.
Okay!

DM me some addresses and I'll get them in the mail.

I'm plugging away at the other side. I'll update with pictures in a bit. It has been cruelly hot these last few days and I'm fighting to keep my chickens from dying of heat stroke. I would think this wouldn't be so bad if the air wasn't so wet. It's just gross.

I'm having issues with my piston "sticking". My husband has serviced it very carefully with the instructions Steve lindsay has on his forum. He claims the Teflon on the inside is worn badly. It does kind of look like my little rubber bits are cracking and on the verge of total failure. I sent a message to Steve about this, and he'd like my tool sent away to him so he can look at it.

Ah. Okay. :( what sucks, is when the piston sticks, it means it's way harder to start a fine line, the pressure going through it isn't enough to unstick the piston. I bought it from Steve in 2012. It is entirely possible it needs special care. I'm going to do my best for now. I have another project waiting after the barlow is done.

I'm plugging away at the other side. I'll update with pictures in a bit. It has been cruelly hot these last few days and I'm fighting to keep my chickens from dying of heat stroke. I would think this wouldn't be so bad if the air wasn't so wet. It's just gross.

I'm having issues with my piston "sticking". My husband has serviced it very carefully with the instructions Steve lindsay has on his forum. He claims the Teflon on the inside is worn badly. It does kind of look like my little rubber bits are cracking and on the verge of total failure. I sent a message to Steve about this, and he'd like my tool sent away to him so he can look at it.

Ah. Okay. :( what sucks, is when the piston sticks, it means it's way harder to start a fine line, the pressure going through it isn't enough to unstick the piston. I bought it from Steve in 2012. It is entirely possible it needs special care. I'm going to do my best for now. I have another project waiting after the barlow is done.
the heat has been very nasty the last couple days. hang in there.

good luck with your tooling

Sorry for the aggravation and frustration - as much for your chickens as for your tool issues. Hard to do good work when your tools don't want to cooperate and gross cruel heat is just piling on. 😩 All the best.

What's up yall, I know this has some dejavu but I promise, this is the other side.

The scratches on this side were so much worse than the first side. It took me a while to get those out. The bolsters aren't perfectly symmetrical, so a new smoke print was made, scanned, and a new border created. The design is not a perfect mirror, the scrolls needed to be shuffled, stretched and adjusted to fit.

I'm to the point where I get to do the gold inlay for the new scene, then shading the scrolls can begin.

My husband cleaned out my bore and piston for me last night and installed the piston upside down. I spent my morning panicking that my hand piece could be broken. I failed to find my user manual. Google failed to provide me results for my searches. It took me too long to discover the cause of my problem. It's working nice now though. Heh.

20220623_191933.jpg

Too much info sharing. :) If you didn't tell us we would never know. 🤭 But now that we do we can appreciate your effort and attention to detail - a true artist. 👍 Too bad to have such issues with a brand new custom knife. It was hand made too though, after all. Still, that guy should have been as meticulous as you. Oh well. The knife is now in the best hands. Very cool Sarah! Glad you were able to work out the tooling issues with a bit of help - somewhat. 🙃

Oh that is beautiful Sarah ! I love the elk scene night and day. Amazing work of art ! I know I would be extremely pleased with that knife.

Back