• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hand Engraving by Sarah Ladd - Fine art engraving, pure gold inlay, diamond setting

Oh I see it now. You are developing a night sky. :cool: In the photos it appears as an ocean scene - must be lighting effect off the reflective bolster. Does anyone else see the ocean? 🧐 :) Coming along so very beautifully Sarah.👍

Oh I see it now. You are developing a night sky. :cool: In the photos it appears as an ocean scene - must be lighting effect off the reflective bolster. Does anyone else see the ocean? 🧐 :) Coming along so very beautifully Sarah.👍
I see. it's the lighting.

Someone on my Instagram commented that the reflection looks like water. It is just the polished surface, and it will become more stars and other nice details in the night sky.

Checking out your web site and instagram now that you prompted us. You ARE an ARIST, who brings that special talent to engraving too. :thumbsup: We are lucky to have you share our Blade Forum. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Checking out your web site and instagram now that you prompted us. You ARE an ARIST, who brings that special talent to engraving too. :thumbsup: We are lucky to have you share our Blade Forum. Thanks for that.
Thank you!

It is very small, and barely noticeable, but I have a signature and there are two links there. One is my website and one is my IG. My dotcom is my polished portfolio, my Insta has stuff like pictures of my face and my dog and my chickens on it, mixed with my goldsmithing and engraving stuff. It's a catch-all for all the things I'm invested in.

What I have chosen for treatment of the text has been.... challenging. :( I hope that I can get the look I'm going for.

I have 4 knives coming my way. Jeffery Mitchell and Matt Collum are sending me more stuff to do. My next project after this is a mother of pearl handle double blade knife, I'll be doing something floral and pretty, with gold and maybe a few tiny diamonds.

Hopefully I can finish this project before my trip to Maine to visit the in laws.

I am somewhat mesmerized - holding my breath to see what magic comes next. 😋

I’m gonna assume that you Were you an artist (drawing / painting) before you started engraving? Absolutely beautiful work, and I’m sure you will only continue to perfect the craft.

Back