1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I Need a Safe!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Apocryphiliac, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I've got to put all these someplace other than on my makeshift shelving.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    hjscarano100, azwelke, ipal and 6 others like this.
  2. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    Cue all the, "Send them to my safe" comments. :)

I'm sure a lot of you will recognize an old friend or two here...

3. Adian

Adian Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Rolling Snap On toolbox works well. I use my gun safe

duramax and Apocryphiliac like this.
  4. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    I definitely want something that will not be easy to steal. Or melt in a fire.

5. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    That's a nice collection. Get a safe and insurance! If you've accumulated all of those in the past year that's super amazing! Good taste :thumbsup:

Apocryphiliac likes this.
  6. Adian

Jul 28, 2013
    I would just drop a grand and buy a decent gun safe then. Mine is 1800 lbs and it takes a forklift to move it when the military moves us

Murman and Apocryphiliac like this.
  7. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    Thanks, yeah I bought my first Busse on 3/9/17 (I checked the other day). Pretty crazy...

Insurance is a good thought, as well. This seems like it could get complicated.

Switchblade_renegade likes this.
  8. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tglb-vs-force-multiplayer-v8.1544399/page-2#post-17745345
    No comments needed :D :D

Dude - You're a collector ~ If I was your wife- "No more knives until you get a safe" ... that's what she would say- so you've got permission. Go buy the safe, you can explain all that other stuff later - This will get tricky because, generally, do we always tell the truth how much they cost? or how much is accumulated? I know I don't but I don't have to worry about having that kind of conversation yet because I'm not a collector LOLOLO!!! ... man, what a pickle to be in... but all that Infi to molest... Happy for ya!

9. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    You get what you pay for on safes. The good ones are $$$. Kind of have to match the safe investment with the investment you’re protecting, if that makes sense.

They are kind of a target for thieves. As in “look here!” But fire protection, kiddo hands off, etc can be worth it too. Happy shopping!

Adian likes this.
  10. Adian

Jul 28, 2013
    From where asking to usaa about insuring mine, it is only for a collection, not for blades that you will use. I tried to convince them I only wanted theft coverage and that Busse Warranty would cover use damages if there were any. They still denied me coverage for them since I have and plan on using/carrying them

mb> likes this.
  11. Adian

Jul 28, 2013
    True. My safe was close to $4k after negotiating it down. But it’s a big 42 gun platinum safe with cedar wood lining and all kinds of goodies

12. CR33

CR33 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Very nice collection!

13. Jake1911

Jake1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Just get a custom vest and jacket so you can EDC them;) PhotoEditor-1515793899209.jpg

14. Murman

Murman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2015
    How frequently do you need to access them? Might be easier to stack them in some kind of locked container like a tool box and secure the room instead. Or camoflauge it yo look like something else - never heard of thieves steeling China, for instance. Make your wife happy too.

15. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    I gave up on a safe a long time ago. Too much stuff. I just put a vault room in my house. Pricey but worth it as I have lots of room now.

Garth

HST, Midwest Firecraft and mb> like this.
  16. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    Good ideas, everyone. Thank you for the tips!

17. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    That's hilarious! And I just watched that movie for the first time last night. Lots of sweet knife action in it. :D:D:D

Jake1911 likes this.
  18. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Really sweet collection !!! Love that Tg 14 and SFNO Custom

19. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Picture wall safes?

Murman likes this.
  20. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    If you want INFI, buy a Busse; if you want a SAFE, buy a Graffunder.

Edit: They also make vault doors should you choose to go that direction. ;)

mb> likes this.