Henckels Knives

Always loved this thread - I havenā€™t dug out my Henckels for a while - must do that this weekend!
I have just a handful of older Henckels just lately- they will take quite some time to arrive! šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

Yes Herder Sir, I noticed Augieā€™s Bmade stamping as well!

ummmm Freelivin - are those all your Henckels kind Sir? If they are? that is an outstanding first class collection with some very hard to get knives in there!

Guaranteed to be yet another fantastic book!
Stunning Cover Shot.
Thank you Charlie for the preview peep, and to The Author Mr. Neal Punchard a massive congratulations Sir.

Freelivin, absolutely outstanding collection of vintage Henckels knives!!!

waynorth and Campbellclanman, thanks for the nice comments towards the book, and for supporting the hobby in so many ways!!!
Charlie, that postal carrier must have had a long walk from my place to yours. :)

thedonald, glad to help and always nice to see another example.

Wonderful drawing of the Henckels factory in Solingen, Germany.

And the two last knives are art as well!!!
While I've seen a few knives contracted out to Abercrombie & Fitch, this is the first Henckels folder that I remember seeing. Beautiful example.
Those metal handled Henckels bartenders knives have some of the finest detail of any cast metal knife ever made.
Beyond the fantastic design, the details are so crisp and clean which give it the quality of high end jewelry.

There was a Henckels at a local consignment shop that I dismissed because the main blade was so heavily and badly sharpened. If I recall it was a long pull and the main was very very thick at the spine. Is this a common trait of the Henckels?

Thank you Herder. I also have only seen this one with the Abercrombie & Fitch made by Henckels. I look forward to seeing your book. It should arrive any day now.

I only have one, don't really know anything about it. I saw this one at an antique store and thought it was interesting because the small pen blade has a half stop but the larger does not. It was affordable and didn't really need any other reason to grab it.
TTIRT6G.jpg

1VAb4Eh.jpg

jb4Ii6u.jpg

There was a Henckels at a local consignment shop that I dismissed because the main blade was so heavily and badly sharpened. If I recall it was a long pull and the main was very very thick at the spine. Is this a common trait of the Henckels?
Hard to tell without a picture, but some Henckels folders did have very thick main blades, especially whittler models and folding hunter knives.

I only have one, don't really know anything about it. I saw this one at an antique store and thought it was interesting because the small pen blade has a half stop but the larger does not. It was affordable and didn't really need any other reason to grab it.
TTIRT6G.jpg

1VAb4Eh.jpg

jb4Ii6u.jpg

Very nice example with wonderful jigging as black mamba and freelivin had mentioned.

Back