HG55 Appreciation Thread ***PIC HEAVY...ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!***

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Do you have a favorite child? No? :confused:

Give one of your sons more attention than the others? No? :confused:

Love one of your daughters more than the others? No? :confused:

I didn't think so....me neither! :p

Yet that's how I feel when someone posts up a "What's your favorite Busse?" thread--

But we know the idea behind those threads... it's all GOOD...NO REGRETS! :thumbup::D:thumbup:

So let's shine some limelight on the HG55! :cool:

It's a Busse model that's quite a bit different from anything else in the Busse Combat lineup-- it's pointy, low profile, has a blocky handle , yet ergonomic, it has a unique talon guard, and who can overlook those vertical CBT's...oh.....sooooo....SEXY! :D

It's a charter member of the BOSS series and it's underappreciated <IMHO> except by those who own and use them!

Post up your Hog Grade 55 LUV!!!

Bombproof, large CBT, small CBT, no CBT, coated, comp., LE or Custom Shop....JUST POST 'EM !!!

I'll kick things off with a <kinda> rare look behind the scenes as I go thru the process of modding my HG55:

here the tubes have already been drilled out, brass barrels tapped, torx fasteners logos sanded off and heat anodized to match the handles better, note: the rear most rectangle was where I was gonna cut out to lighten the tang before I thought better of it <actually you HOGS convinced me, thanks! ;)> :

D1fcvTY.jpg

close ups of the notations on the backside of the handles and on the tang that haven't seen the light of day for a while :

kxQmour.jpg

iqLRyQY.jpg

pvw2wqp.jpg

obverse side pic:

4Q4Ftbz.jpg

edge reprofiled to about 30 degrees inclusive, have yet to put a 40 deg. microbevel on it at this point, but that's next after stripping!

Wsmf3yC.jpg

Wl1OPow.jpg

all together now!

MkXqtF8.jpg

nfYqbGq.jpg

Petey's Priority Tactical Cardboard <PPTC> :p ... actually it's a mockup for my kydex taco! ;)

auERrO1.jpg

gnDDgqT.jpg

JQShK0S.jpg

One Hog Grade taco to go!
X2lwmEO.jpg

3S7UW4w.jpg

7OFss1T.jpg

uYj5QoY.jpg

6Ad58le.jpg

Last edited:
Dang... That is next level... Love the camo's and the sharpened wedge!

Lawrie

Hi Lawrie! :)

I scooped that one and the Rowe pinlock sheath in the pic from Kohai999 at a Blade Show a few years back. :thumbup:

Operation Pole Dancer has been completed:

First off this was BY FAR the most difficult Busse I ever stripped! :eek:

Whomever Jerry hired to apply this paint deserves a RAISE...:thumbup:

Whatever formulation was used for the paint itself needs to be put in a safe somewhere cause it needs to be applied to Abrahams Tanks-- it's bulltetproof :cool:-- for anyone who's into coated blades, this is the stuff!:thumbup:

But if you're into turning out strippers...it's your worst NIGHTMARE!!!:eek:

the principal players... BTW didn't wanna including the Jasco, cause 4 different applications of it over an hour and 45 min. period with wire brushings in between didn't put a dent in the paint...so it don't make the cut for pics! :thumbdn:

By far the Dremel with stainless brushes, various Scotchbrite attachments, and SURPRISINGLY the stainless ruler was a major player <used like a cabinet scraper>. So they were the most effective weapons in the operation:

JM6UyPA.jpg

if you ever got to clean the teeth of your HG55, this little Dremel hone is tailor made for it, here I am in the process showing you the angle of attack...the residue was scratched out with the dental pick...that part of the process is what Dad would have called "character building..." :rolleyes:

IOQI6zE.jpg

curious chatter marks revealed on tang:

NDBVoOo.jpg

47 on the other side of the tang:

XFziGFr.jpg

ol' number 47 in her birthday suit:

xK5drY3.jpg

clean teeth! :D

fiKnh91.jpg

reattaching the scales, I liked how the brass barrels mingled with the INFI & Tan Can :)

JkCcqXW.jpg

spine shot in my sheath, I opened the throat a bit more to showcase all the teeth & a bit of the spine

nMn1jW8.jpg

ol' 47 will be back tomorrow for a family pic with her siblings! :)

Last edited:
Back