Hinderer Full Track

Looks a really cool knife. I am also a big knife guy so I definitely prefer this one to half track. If I am nitpicking, that flipper tab looks a bit too long (sticks out too much).

Others may vary but the two XMs I have and two I’ve handled have all had Teflon and are smoother than the ZT kvts ive had. Tried putting PBs in both and it made the action worse and they didn’t drop free and close like before.

Agree. I just don't understand some people's obsession with PB washers over teflon ones. Many people reported there is no noticeable improvement when replacing the Teflon washers with PB washers on Hinderers. My two XM-18s on Teflon are as smooth as they should be.

Others may vary but the two XMs I have and two I’ve handled have all had Teflon and are smoother than the ZT kvts ive had. Tried putting PBs in both and it made the action worse and they didn’t drop free and close like before.
It might be fun to play with three different bearing systems on the new FullTrack, but I've been nothing but satisfied with the Teflon washers on my RHKs. They're all extremely smooth, all free-drop, and a couple all but close under their own weight. None of my Hinderers fly out like ZTs, although one of my HalfTracks is close, but that has more to do with their detents than pivots.

In the video Rick says that the PB washers are tougher, so I guess my interest is that. I'm sure his washers will be smoother than whatever 3rd party solution out there.

It might be fun to play with three different bearing systems on the new FullTrack, but I've been nothing but satisfied with the Teflon washers on my RHKs. They're all extremely smooth, all free-drop, and a couple all but close under their own weight. None of my Hinderers fly out like ZTs, although one of my HalfTracks is close, but that has more to do with their detents than pivots.
Oh yes I wanna try the tri pivot looks cool. The Maximus was going to be my next but it looks like I’m getting this instead. Wonder how the bearings will be done? Have had very good luck with the detents all fire exceptionally well and the 3.5”s close under their own weight. The 3” opens as well as any knife I have

In the video Rick says that the PB washers are tougher, so I guess my interest is that. I'm sure his washers will be smoother than whatever 3rd party solution out there.
Had some nice polished PBs I suspect they were slightly too thick. I agree his will for sure be good.

I think he's making a mistake in trying to appease everyone's preferences on the pivot/part choices and storage in the handle.
Instead of making a quality family heirloom knife that can be passed along generations, I think he's making it more a possibility of what resembles a heirloom box of Lego's instead...

I think he's making a mistake in trying to appease everyone's preferences on the pivot/part choices and storage in the handle.
Instead of making a quality family heirloom knife that can be passed along generations, I think he's making it more a possibility of what resembles a heirloom box of Lego's instead...

Just because the pivot can be changed doesn't mean the knife don't last and can't be passed down, in fact it makes it have broader appeal since the recipient might be more likely to use it if they can readily customize different aspects of the knife.

I agree being able to swap parts is one of the best things about Hinderers I love that aspect. Like that he’s taken it a bit farther. Not concerned about the storage bc Hinderer makes some of the best fitted knives out there in my book.

Last edited:
By milling out enough space in the blade or handle for the choice of bearings he will have to supply either really thick PB and Teflon washers, or some sort of spacer to take up the gap if bearings where not used/chosen.
The parts lists just keeps growing..
Im a huge fan and highly appreciate the ability to choose parts and "build" my own knife, it allows us to build something we really like, lock it down and forget about it. But when he talks about changing pivot systems in the field and having a on-board storage compartment for them, its getting a bit silly IMHO.
kinda reminds me of this......are reversible color scales to match your purse & shoes next? (sarcastic)

Last edited:
By milling out enough space in the blade or handle for the choice of bearings he will have to supply either really thick PB and Teflon washers, or some sort of spacer to take up the gap if bearings where not used/chosen.
Im a huge fan and highly appreciate the ability to choose parts and "build" my own knife, it allows us to build something we really like, lock it down and forget about it. But when he talks about changing pivot systems in the field and having a on-board storage compartment for them, its getting a bit silly IMHO.
kinda reminds me of this......are reversible color scales to match your purse & shoes next? (sarcastic)
The difference being that the extra pieces for the watch are cosmetic while the ability to switch parts in the full track seems to be more functional. I'm sure he will sell a ton of these knives as long as the price point is reasonable. And luckily there are other Hinderer knives for you to buy. I would say let some of the reviews come in and then decide, to dismiss it now would be premature.

The difference being that the extra pieces for the watch are cosmetic while the ability to switch parts in the full track seems to be more functional. I'm sure he will sell a ton of these knives as long as the price point is reasonable. And luckily there are other Hinderer knives for you to buy. I would say let some of the reviews come in and then decide, to dismiss it now would be premature.

I watched Whitty’s live feed with Rick and from what I understood the ability to change out the “action bits” was a functional innovation to allow the knife to adapt to different environments ie: dusty bearing unfriendly environs to cleaner ones.
I’m sure the cool kids will change them daily and some will complain when the parts get worn out of original spec from the constant finger xxxxxxx they give them. For someone like me who does not live in a paricularly dusty or sandy environment clean free flipping bearings work fine. I will set it, forget it, and most likely remove the extra parts from the knife to prevent any unanticipated rattling or loss.
Much like the new Harsey/Reeve System I’m not going to dismiss this as a gimmick until it’s real world functionality is determined.
I also wonder what other slips Rick had after a few more Larcenies...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what the Half Track looks like. Add the new blade shape to that.

2YmsNZXnp92F07Q9WdzKsI7JqEAd2DwlTc9y2Kvzw6rk_sbNnlsP_e-N2F-w9fsbmG_vA_GHT-zaoPli8ylpL11L8yZlmARBMGqtUazNimkUkRdNF35-DBR2k1q5vtMRyTAn9NoAdTE=w2400
I hope you do not eat your food like that, recalling the taste.

I've never really considered a Hinderer, but this one has my attention. I prefer larger blades, and it looks like it has a proper detent for a flipper. After seeing the results of Blade 2018 it looks like this will be an expensive year for me.

I feel this knife will be expensive - at least $150 over the half track.

Back