Hinderer Full Track

I think he took "First Responder", "Emergency pry tool" and overall durability out of this knife with the design. Ill stick with the xm.

Agreed. I can't quite figure out how the tool stays in place, but it seems like a great idea.
According to this video:

The tool hooks onto the rear frame standoff and there is a detent on the tool which clicks into the top standoff.

According to this video:

The tool hooks onto the rear frame standoff and there is a detent on the tool which clicks into the top standoff.

The detent is a great idea, Ive always wondered why he didn't incorporate this into the modular backspacer system in the xm. (instead of having a set screw) Maybe in time we will see an improved version with a detent?

The detent is a great idea, Ive always wondered why he didn't incorporate this into the modular backspacer system in the xm. (instead of having a set screw) Maybe in time we will see an improved version with a detent?
It makes sense.

If you just want to see the knife and the Tri Way System jump to the 3:55 minute mark.

At the end of the video he says he plans to put the tri way system into all his knives going forward. So I'll definitely grab a non flipper XM-18 with PB washers when they are available!

The built-in backspacer tool is definitely a useful added feature that I don't mind paying more for (say, no more than $30). The tri way pivot system on the other hand is not much so. If it results in less than $30 price increase, I can live with it. Also, will these small parts rattle when they are stored inside the handle?

When the XM series gets the system I wonder if that means he'll change the pivot screw to be like the Full Track?

From the vid those look like some super thick washers... So how solid is the lockup with such thick washers?

From the vid those look like some super thick washers... So how solid is the lockup with such thick washers?

I would guess it's very good. Rick has based his business on tough knives that perform and I doubt he would risk that reputation over a flashy new gimmick. I'm betting he has tested the new knife and the new system extensively.

Pretty sweet last two videos. Kinda excited about tri way being in the whole line and kinda not the Teflon have served me very well and dunno if I’ll buy one of the XM models with it. It can’t get much better than it already is. Unless they could all be centered easily ;).

Price will be the judge for a lot if they’ll get it or not. Don’t think I’ll get one have my eyes on a XM-24 Skinny which will probably come in less at $525 than the full track. On a side note wish that knife was 20CV for $500 bucks.

Others may vary but the two XMs I have and two I’ve handled have all had Teflon and are smoother than the ZT kvts ive had. Tried putting PBs in both and it made the action worse and they didn’t drop free and close like before.

Well, I have not owned a Hinderer yet, but his recent changes and the much more competitive pricing may change that at some point.

But the Gen 6 changes are really nice. Was the Teflon smoother? Well, swap out the bearings for Teflon washers. Or PB washers. You get all three.

Man I love the looks of this knife. Hinderers are one of my favorite brands. I have the xm18 and half track. This will be the next hinderer for sure just don’t know if I should get one of these new ones or wait for other batches. I wonder what they will come out with in the future, other grinds, handle materials, dlc, etc...

If this model catches legs, I'm sure they'll do other grinds and coatings. For now I've only seen a few at USA made blade and DLT. It looks like DLT is out of stock on their exclusive M390 version, and I don't see them up at USA made blade anymore. I'm sure they both have more coming in as well as inventory with other dealers.

I wonder how thick the spear point is behind the edge. The taller blade should help with cutting.

Back