1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We will be conducting maintenance tonight to update server processes. Downtime may be 1-2 hours or more, starting at 10:15PM Eastern.

HOG Badger (New Model). . . .Specs And Pricing. . . Coming This Wednesday 11-1-17. . .

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 30, 2017.

1. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Out of all the models That came out of Part 2, id imagine Hog Badger to appeal to widest range of people, i don't see how anyone can be on the fence lol unless its for other personal/financial reasons. Or maybe its just me, i like the darn thing too much lol

LukeTheSpook, Ratman79, CataD and 2 others like this.
  2. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I’m with you MtnMan I think this was my favorite OP2W2 offering thus far! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

LukeTheSpook and - SpyderMan - like this.
  3. - SpyderMan -

- SpyderMan -

Mar 28, 2015
    Agreed! I think this is certainly one of the best looking offerings (PR, too). I tend to prefer the traditional styles.

Should be a terrific knife for many tasks.

LukeTheSpook likes this.
  4. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I thought I remembered us talking about almost this exact knife a while back. It just showed up with a different name. Lol!
    Screenshot_20171106-132005.png

duramax likes this.
  5. fielder

fielder

Jan 25, 2011
    Never mind the Filson bag, I've just bought a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser jacket, does it fit that?

6. LarsAnna

LarsAnna

Aug 9, 2014
    I'm just curious (and no, I would never sell mine): how much do Busse knives gain in value, if left in pristine condition?

7. Phixt

Phixt

May 28, 2016
    I was sure to grab one.

But I could see how guys who like thinner blades might pass; I believe the Flak Jack was .16" (this is a measurement from my memory, so...).

8. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2015

On a 6" saber grind, I don't really mind that thickness. It's still thinner than a saber ground bk2

9. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    There is not one answer to your question – different factors such as a model's popularity, the state of the economy, how rare/common a particular knife is, and time all affect resale value.

One example is the SHBM – factory price was $297 about 20 years ago. It became very popular, and now is definitely a classic Busse knife. In 2002 I paid $450 for a used 1/300 version of the SHBM, and over the years I paid much more than that for unused SHBMs. The price peaked somewhere around $1600, and now is much less even for an unused one (though some of the rarest ones could still sell for that or even more).

On the other hand, a SOW (Santa's Outlaw Wicked – a satin variant of the SFNO with a clip point and slight recurve) is fairly rare but resale value has generally not been good for them (some had red handles, so maybe that was a factor).

In general (assuming a reasonably strong economy), over a period of several years a Busse knife will usually increase in value (some models more than others).

LarsAnna likes this.
  10. Nicksr

Nicksr

Oct 11, 2017
    Awesome HOG Badger Satin INFI with multi coloured G10!! How/Where can i order one?

11. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    You will now have to wait and get one off the exchange or call Busse and get put on the wait list and hope someone cancels there order. Either way be ready to wait. HTH

12. Nicksr

Nicksr

Oct 11, 2017
    ok thanks...I keep missing the sales

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    [​IMG]

F'lar, DJC72, lex2006 and 1 other person like this.
  14. slowride11

slowride11 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Any idea what year this was?

DJC72 likes this.
  15. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Cobalt, that add is cool. What year is it from?

16. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    No need, I just saw that the advertisement was from 23 years ago.

17. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Someone earlier said 1994 I think.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Sorry if pic is gone. Photobucket is a big POS these days

19. slowride11

slowride11 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    BusseSILENTNIGHT.jpg