1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hogue EX-05 shot show 2016

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TheModernNeanderthal, Jan 18, 2016.

1. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

That is ,,,,,,,,,, Nope

2. theJman

theJman

Sep 2, 2015
    Apparently they didn't merely surrender it, that tiara was ripped right off their head! Bleech is all I have. :thumbdn:

3. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Yikes. I really like my EX-01. This I do not get.

4. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Well stated

5. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    I like it. It's weird for sure, but I like certain types of weirdness, and this falls into that category of weirdness for me :)D). :thumbup:

6. I'm guessing it's a flipper as well, which would be cool. If they got the detent right, I might be interested. The detent on the 01 was never really that strong so hopefully they address that here.

7. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    Yes, detent is a little "meh" on both the 01 and 04. It's not like the blade is gonna flop out with a minimal shake or anything, but I agree it seems they'd have to step it up a bit to make the flipper work. I'm not sure if that would entail a stiffer spring in the button lock, a change in the mating surfaces of tang and button, or a bit of both. Normally I'd wait for someone to pick one up and report back before forking over the dough myself, but it looks like you and I may be the only ones interested in this one. :grumpy::D

8. Je5u5cryon5aturday

Je5u5cryon5aturday

Dec 26, 2010
    why dont they made some kind of ADV butcher with button lock and flipper? It's creepy too, but not as much as original one ex-05....
    View attachment 607875 5843d59c72b8b15bc2ad8e6cd8a065b0.jpg

9. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    It reminds me of a pelican. I like Pelicans!
    [​IMG]

10. Schuey2002

Schuey2002

Feb 25, 2003
    This looks like a perfectly good knife that someone has taken out to their garage, and gone to town with it on a grinder. All while drinking one too many beers..

11. Mort76

Mort76

Sep 18, 2015
    I like it! It's different! And that's a good thing..... :-D

12. AmosPaul

AmosPaul

Dec 17, 2014
    I am a huge Hogue EX-01 fan. It is a unique knife; no washers, strongest button lock in the business, a handle design like no other, and smooth action.

But this knife? If Blade Forums established a ugly knife contest, this knife would win.

13. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    [​IMG]
    As a consumer alone, that is a better looking knife than the one in the first post. But I think it does look a little on the weird side.

This...

14. Larcivs Lepidvs

Larcivs Lepidvs

May 24, 2013
    wow that's brutally hideous

15. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    Haters gonna hate...:D

[​IMG]

16. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Yeah, not feeling this one and I am a Hogue fan generally.

17. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Take away the compound grind and I would snap that sucker up in a heartbeat. As for the original? Well, it may grow on me. Like a fungus.

18. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
    it looks like batmans knife

19. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Clearly it is bad. But is it so bad that it will become legendary and good? Maybe this will be like the Nuclear Seahorse. Or maybe it will be like one of those haunting shows where you go to sleep hiding under the covers, trying to pretend it isn't there and wake up screaming in a cold sweat with your underpants on backwards. Time will tell, time will tell....

:D

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  20. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H.

Jan 9, 2006
    Is that unusual? I wake up that way all the time...:D