hollywood knives

hunterfisher808

Basic Member
What knives do you know of that made it in a movie? Who made that big machete like knife in the Predator ( the one the indian guy was using to take on the predator)? What about the knife the Bride used in the opening scene of Kill Bill 1?

All the knives in "Predator" were made by Jack Crain.
Scot Glenn used a full dress Emerson CQC6 in "Night of the Running Man".
Jimmie Lile made the knives used in "Fiest Blood" and "Rambo-First Blood II". He also made the folder Stallone used in "Cobra".
Severtech made the knife used in "Spartan".

I'll try to remember more later...

Tom Brown Tracker in The Hunted. Did they make the knife specifically for the movie? --OR-- just pick some big-ass knife for the film?

Off the top of my head...

Hanibal featured a Spyderco Civilian or Harpy. Not sure which.
An episode of CSI (Vegas) featured a Busse Combat (looked like a Battle Mistress).

Kershaw whirlwind in the departed, spyderco police in termanal volosity, Micortech halo 2 and 3 scarab socom elite and Protech godfather in 24, buck 112, SOG Desert Dager in kill bill vol. 1. boker speed lock in die another day. forgive my spelling

Anthony Hopkins used a Harpy in Hannibal, and in The Edge he carried a custom folder made by Canadian maker Bryan Lyttle.
Stallone used a Spyderco in Cliffhanger, I think it was one of the Clip-it or Snap-it models. Speaking of Spydercos, didn't one of the guys on Lost carry some sort of stainless model? In Tombraiders Lara Croft had a Gerber Guardian boot knife, and Ambrose in MI2 carried a Kershaw boot knife.

In Cliffhanger, a friend of Stallone's character is given a SE Spyderco Endura, which he uses to slash a villain's leg in self-defense.

The fixed-blade dagger Uma Thurman uses in the opening fight in Kill Bill Vol.1 is a SOG Desert Dagger.

In Stir of Echoes, the woman who plays Kevin Bacon's wife uses a Benchmade Spike.

In Jennifer 8, Uma Thurman is threatened by a Spyderco Police, and in The Avengers, Thurman continually trounces a villain who attacks her with a Police model as well. Vanessa Williams is menaced by a Russian villain with a Spyderco Police in Eraser.

A female climber pulls out a Kershaw Boa at the beginning of Wrong Turn.

Jim

On the tv show NCIS, Gibbs carried a Gerber, forget the model, and then a Kershaw Leek. Ziva carried a fixed blade Cold Steel. Dinozzo carried a Spyderco Endura, and McGhee once carried what appeared to be a Native III.

The show the Unit has featured a Microtech OTF, it looked like a Socom Elite, in addition to a Benchmade 550 Grip, and lots of other name brand pieces that escape me now.

I was just watching Quigley Down Under, and I had just about forgotten about the large knife Tom Selleck carried in that movie. Its a Chuck Stapel custom piece with a nice big fat stag handle.

Anthony Hopkins used a Harpy in Hannibal, and in The Edge he carried a custom folder made by Canadian maker Bryan Lyttle.
Stallone used a Spyderco in Cliffhanger, I think it was one of the Clip-it or Snap-it models. Speaking of Spydercos, didn't one of the guys on Lost carry some sort of stainless model? In Tombraiders Lara Croft had a Gerber Guardian boot knife, and Ambrose in MI2 carried a Kershaw boot knife.

I remember watching that movie, and thinking "whoa. That's a mean-looking knife."

There are a few of these threads around, one specifically on John Locke's knives on Lost (not the Philosopher, I doubt he would have collected more than one knife without doing some physical labor first!)

I'm surprised somebody mentioned The Hunted. I thought that movie was under-rated.

If I remember correctly, Soldier (1998, Kurt Russell) featured SOG knives. I think I remember a Seal 2000, Pentagon, and maybe a Tiger Shark.

And I thought Billy Zane's character used a Gerber MkII in the original Sniper movie.

I always enjoy when decent production knives are used in movies, rather than custom pieces. I don't have anything against custom knives, but the use of production knives makes the knives seem more attainable, and help me relate easier the the character being portrayed (character is more 'realistic' with an off-the-shelf production blade). Locke's character on Lost is a good example, as most of the knives he carries are not all that fantastic or expensive...

Warner Bros. employees made several imaginings of a "bowie knife" for use by Allen Ladd in "The Iron Mistress."

You know, I saw a leatherman wave in the movie deck the halls, Dont ask why i went to that movie......(girlfriend)

What did Selene use in Underworld 2, when she killed the werewolf in the tunnel. She threw it at him. It's a famous scene,it was in the trailor and the comercials. it was a fixed blade with a greenish handle.

Cold Steel Peace keeper II or safe keeper II Rode on sharon stones leg in total Recall.

A Kabar next gen was used in The hunted after the tracker was lost.

The captain "Craigan" on Law and order Criminal intent uses a mel pardue bench made auto every now and then.

Lets not forget the Buck Special In Scream 1.2 and 3

I see alot of Frost crap in bad guys hands in movies. Cry Wolf Had about five different pieces of crap (probably bought from late night TV)

Back