Hornet Received

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Got the Hornet in today. Cool little blade man. Thanks again Todd.

Nice sheath, and a perfect fit:

003.png~original

I didn't realize there was rubbing compound in the logo, or how small this thing is, haha:

010.png~original

Cleaned, and re-shot:

027.png~original

T.M. Hunt Custom Knives Hornet wallpaper:

Hornet2.png~original

Last edited:
Glad you got it Dubz. I love the wallpaper. I thought it ironic that you won it. I know you have huge hands and not the biggest fan of the warncliff style blades, but damn man you eared it.
I tell you a way that you my find it usefull. When I go on a hike, I loop the belt loop through the breast strap on my pack. It wears just like a neck knife with no wieght on your neck. Its alway accessable and very usefull for small cutting chores along the trail where you don't want to dig out the bigger knife. I've seen several pics of your out hiking. You may find that to your liking. Or give it to you wife and maybe Vik will save me some of those delicious cookies he's gettin! ;)
Thanks again brother!

I knew the Hornet was small, but I had no idea. It freaks me out how comfortable such a small blade is. Even with the sheath, the whole thing fits in my pocket without even noticing it there. Glad you like the wallpaper. I had the hornet cut out before I even got the knife, haha. I had that planned as soon as I found out I won.

BTW, what handle material is that?

I knew the Hornet was small, but I had no idea. It freaks me out how comfortable such a small blade is. Even with the sheath, the whole thing fits in my pocket without even noticing it there. Glad you like the wallpaper. I had the hornet cut out before I even got the knife, haha. I had that planned as soon as I found out I won.

BTW, what handle material is that?

Yeah, the original idea for the design came from a old lady at my work. She worked in materials and wanted a knife to cut boxes open. But, my work is so stupid about there weapons policy that if you are caught with a knife that is not one that they provide they want or will try to fire you. Its so stupid, they treat us like criminals. Anyway, I set out to make something small, but yet confortable and usefull with the compactness of a pocket knife. But the strenth and reliability of a fixed blade. Thus was born the hornet. Unfortunately, the lady at work retired before I got hers to her.she never called or anything.

The handle is a paper based micarta. I like the color, but will never work with paper based again. It marks up to easily. Which to be 100% truthfull to you is why that one was a givaway. There's nothing at all wrong with that knife. But I just didn't feel right taking money for it if I wasn't overly happy with the material of the handle.

Last edited:
It's a good design. I remember you saying paper based micarta now. Is the darker parts of the micarta from buffing?

It's a good design. I remember you saying paper based micarta now. Is the darker parts of the micarta from buffing?

First off, congrats on the knife dubz!

Those darker spots look like they could be dye from the leather. But that's a complete guess. Sweet little blade though.

First off, congrats on the knife dubz!

Those darker spots look like they could be dye from the leather. But that's a complete guess. Sweet little blade though.
Thanks man, appreciate it. It's a cool little knife. Never even gave the leather dye a thought. Probably what it is.

I actually like the marks on the handle. it gives it character and makes it look like it gets used. (how a.knife should look). congrats dubz

You may even be able to dye the handle to keep it from getting further stained, just a thought. I'll be interested to see how it works for you, but it is the handiest knife I own. I carry mine EVERY day.

I actually like the marks on the handle. it gives it character and makes it look like it gets used. (how a.knife should look). congrats dubz
Thanks man.

You may even be able to dye the handle to keep it from getting further stained, just a thought. I'll be interested to see how it works for you, but it is the handiest knife I own. I carry mine EVERY day.
I did think about dying it.

What types of tasks do you use it for?

Anyone that's been around me for more than 10 minutes will tell you that I bite my nails. No idea why, I just have since childhood. Ravage them till they bleed. Sorry about the visual, but I think this knife does everything my nails would and then some. I scrape with it, open mail/boxes, cut about anything in the kitchen. My daughter loves fruit and veggies, her favorites that she likes cut are oranges and strawberries. Again, no nails so the Hornet is perfect for liberating the edible part from the rind. I keep all my blades clean regularly anyway so I naturally reach for the Hornet on my belt when in the kitchen instead of the wife's blades.

Of course in the woods it's great for food prep too, as well as the regular bushcrafting stuff. Feather sticks, no problem! Boring holes, yep. I fully believe with an M-18 and a Hornet I'd get through anything, but that won't stop me from getting the whole lineup.

Last edited:
Nail biter myself. Nervous habit, me thinks. Sounds like you find all kinds of uses for the Hornet.

Nail biter myself. Nervous habit, me thinks. Sounds like you find all kinds of uses for the Hornet.

A dozen or so times a day. It's a bit of a conversation starter as well, like most any knife. It doesn't have the scare factor when using it at work or in public. I really have a bit of a soft spot for the 'ol Hornet. It was one of the first knives Todd let me help work on. He also helped me make a matching Hornet set for my daughter and I. Erin's is in the gun cabinet waiting till the right day.

I can see it not having the scare factor. What freaks me out, is that even though I have big hands, the contours fit my fingers perfectly. It really is a cool little blade. I like it a lot.

Dubs - the magua is a great 3 finger knife - just an FYI...

That is a sweet looking blade too. Seems to be a popular choice.

Back