Hornet Received

Derek is the champion of the Magua. You can, by all rights have his if you can pry it from his possession, it's actually a challenge inscribed on a boulder in New Zealand.

Last edited:
I used my Hornet yesterday for the first time. Nothing big, but it worked great for sharpening a pencil I needed for some carpentry work. You can see the battle wounds on the blade. Busted the Hornets cherry. I keep this one on my belt all the time now. Don't even notice it there.

001.png~original

On a side note, I know Derek is very fond of his Magua.

Nice! Great pics. I didn't realize the size either until the pic with the candiru.

I hear ya. Very tiny, but super comfortable.

hey dubz, I dont own a candiru so it's hard to tell how small it is. Could you please post a pic of it next to a 14?
Yep. Tis small indeed, but very comfortable. I can get about 2 1/2 fingers on it, 3 on the 14:

001-1.png~original

I completely apologize for my miscommunication. There were way too many pronouns in my request. Could I please see the Hornet next to a 14, since I dont know how big a Candiru is (well I do now and thanks for that, I think I want one of those now too:D).

Haha, okay, okay. Here it is. The Hornet is a 2 finger knife, and more comfortable than I could ever imagine for a knife this size:

001-2.png~original

Now, leave me the hell alone. :D

thank you for taking the time to post the pics, dubz. that thing is smaller than I ever imagined.

I hear ya. I freaked out when I opened it up. But damn man, you cannot believe how well this thing works.

Yeah thanks Dubz for posting the picks and the kind words. I was really curious to see what you thought of it. you not being the warncliff fan and having the big hands. Glad to hear you like it. I get that a lot really. Many people curl there nose up at the Hornet. Ive challenged many people to carry one with no pressure to buy for a week. when they do, Ive never gotten one back yet.

Congrats Dubz! Thats a bad mammajamma right there. So small, theres no reason it can't tag along everywhere.

Yeah thanks Dubz for posting the picks and the kind words. I was really curious to see what you thought of it. you not being the warncliff fan and having the big hands. Glad to hear you like it. I get that a lot really. Many people curl there nose up at the Hornet. Ive challenged many people to carry one with no pressure to buy for a week. when they do, Ive never gotten one back yet.
I believe it. I thought it was pretty cool, but not really something on my radar. Contest came up, and free is always good, haha, so I went for it. Glad I did. ;)

Congrats Dubz! Thats a bad mammajamma right there. So small, theres no reason it can't tag along everywhere.
Thanks man. Exactly, don't even know it's there.

I need a knife I can carry every day. my 14 is just a little too big for pocket carry (for me anyway).
I think so too. That's actually why I wanted a Candiru, with no scales. Small, and flat, easy to carry. The deal came up on the exchange, with scales, for $55 shipped, and I went for it. It's a very nice blade as well. I love it. I love having options.

I hear ya. I freaked out when I opened it up. But damn man, you cannot believe how well this thing works.

To look at a Hornet compared to just about everything else..well, it doesn't look very impressive. But to use one for a week is to make it part of your EDC.
When I 1st saw the M18, that's all I wanted and even hanging out around the shop, I scoped out plenty of in process hornets. It was only after I was looking to round out my collection
that I bartered my way into one. And like Murph, I carry mine everywhere now. It's really all you need for a workday and a great compliment to a Yuma or 18 in the woods. Glad you like it, Dubz.
Go forth, and spread the word.

Go forth, and spread the word.
It shall be done. It is a cool little blade. Everyone I've showed it to likes it. The girls all think it's cute, :rolleyes: and the guys think it's cool, and too, are surprised of how comfortable it is.

Okay, I'm in. It does look handy. I'm going to have to call cupcake and order one.

Okay, I'm in. It does look handy. I'm going to have to call cupcake and order one.

I'm not shittin' ya, you're gonna freak out when you grip it for the first time. As big as my hands are, the contour fits my fore finger perfectly. Handy little dude. I notice my wife eying it down occasionally. She's not getting it, haha. I am gonna get her a 15 though.

Dubz, can you post a picture of the Hornet next to a small dog wearing a bandana? :D

Back