1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you personally feel about the CRK price increases?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Dullknivescut, May 5, 2018.

1. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    7500+ members. dear. ;)

pwrdbycotn and blanco112 like this.
  2. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    GAW!

3. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    May I point something out to you? I'm in the 100+ club, so I can probably speak for other 100+ collectors reasonably accurately. Most of us that have collections like this aren't focused on current production knives. Do you really think a price increase on a current 21 CGG raised the value of one of my old Regular CGG? I'll answer that for you; it has no effect at all. It only affects secondary on current and very recent production.

4. Lone_Wolfe

May 3, 2011
    SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

blanco112 likes this.
  5. FourD

FourD Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Face what now?

6. Dullknivescut

Dullknivescut Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I see your point
    But I wouldn’t say it has no impact or effect on the perception or perceived value across the majority of collectors, for you I’ll take your word for it. But I have to assume there are people who purchased many knives old and new, and when the price increases some of that transfers to the secondary market across a portion of their collection or at least the perceived value of their overall collection.

These things are investments too for a lot of people I would imagine, the more valuable the base knives are the more valuable everything is perceived, even if it is negligible on knives that are very old and very rare, I’m sure it was still a factor into the reaction on some of the collectors minds.

Maybe the 100+ collector wasn’t the best example, but as @blanco112 put it, this would at least “ soften “ your view to be more agreeable towards the increase if one already had a good collection, even if it’s a misguided view. That was all I was trying to convey.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  7. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    @Dullknivescut , I still see CRK's sell for less than retail even with the price increase. I've also seen CRK's not sell and are relisted at a lower price. Maybe a little later on the secondary market will reflect the increase, but I'm not seeing it currently.
    To reiterate what LW said, CRK's that are really sought after, not just by collectors, it may be a grail knife for someone, have no bearing on what the current prices are.
    There are still CRK's that haven't seen the price increase and are still at the old prices.

8. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    It bothered me so much that today I got this email:
    SmlSeb21_Insingo_LH Chris Reeve Knives: Small Sebenza 21 - Insingo - Left Handed 1
    Thank you for your business. If there’s anything we can do to improve your experience, please let us know!