1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

How many of us play a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by snippy, Jul 30, 2014.

Do you play a musical instrument?

1. Yes, I play a musical instrument

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not play a musical instrument

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. snippy

snippy

Apr 1, 2014
    I'm curious about how many of us play music (on any instrument).

Tonette to Pipe organ - as long as you are actively playing.

Thanks and post pic's of your instrument if you play!

Eric

(I play bass guitar...will post pic's if requested but I'm thinking that this thread will be D.O.A.)

2. velosa

velosa

Jan 27, 2010
    guitar here. pics of a few vintage Fenders to follow.

3. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Guitar, a little mandolin, and I played trumpet for a long time

4. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Guitar,bass. Technical death metal mostly,punk. Don't have any instruments anymore.

5. bleedingfinger

bleedingfinger Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I play guitar and drums. Here's a pic of my custom les Paul from Bob rusch in western New York. [​IMG]

6. Ken C.

Ken C. Jack of all trades, master of none. Staff Member Super Mod

Jun 14, 2000
    Bass guitar.

7. Clang!

Clang!

Jul 26, 2010
    Sort of the odd man out here. Classically trained trombonist (26 years), and a little piano (last couple of months).

EDIT: I prefer the Bach 36B horn with a 6 1/2 AL mouthpiece. I want to add a 5GS mouthpiece for symphonic work and a 7C for jazz and marches.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  8. liamstrain

liamstrain Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2013
    piano (and voice) - classically trained, and fiddle (romani gypsy) - self taught

9. mountainmist

mountainmist

Jun 12, 2013
    I can play the Piano alright.

10. snippy

snippy

Apr 1, 2014
    That is a beauty!

None of musician friends are into knives so it is nice to see this turnout. Keep em coming!

11. machineage

machineage

Nov 10, 2012
    Yea, I play drums. I have a 1971 Gretsch kit that I've had for about twenty years. " that great Gretsch sound" as they say. I really need to learn how to post pic's. LoL.

12. Idlewild

Idlewild

Jan 11, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  13. garak7

garak7

Jun 8, 2014
    Played professionally for almost 25 years. Bass guitar, trombone, a little keys, guitar and vocals. It is now just a nice hobby, like knives, except I am a newbie to the blade world. Glad I found this forum. Plenty of wisdom here to research and guide my purchases.

14. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Played saxophone in high school but haven't picked it up in years. I've been learning to play guitar for the last few. So much fun.

I'm pretty sure there is a guitar/knives thread somewhere around here, can't remember which forum though.

15. JDieseljoe69

JDieseljoe69 Full Throttle Tools Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 16, 2010
    I enjoy playing drums!!! My younger son is taking lessons for drums as well, so he is my excuse to build up the kit!!!
    I also played clarinet when I was in grade school.

16. smokinbasser

smokinbasser

Jul 21, 2003
    Alto saxophone and piano/keyboard. I actually got paid to learn how to play the keyboard at our furniture store, what I didn't know was the keyboard was connected to the speakers out side the store.

17. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    I have a guitar. Can't play a single note on it. :eek:
    I think it's broken. :D

18. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Guitar, put out a demo, played some clubs in the early 90s.

19. BryanNomad

BryanNomad

Mar 25, 2013
    I play guitar and bass. Did some touring in my 20's, played CBGB's which is a very great memory.

20. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi

Feb 3, 2001
    I grew up taking music lessons since 2nd grade ask through HS I was in band in one form or another till I got out. My brother also went through the same training, he writes his own music and can play pretty much any instrument out there he started with the accordion and still plays in a rock band to this day at 52. I still write music and lyrics I played the trumpet for easy to long but haven't touched it sounds my daughter started playing in grade school and like me she kept up on it through college. As for me, the only thing I play with any regularity is my harmonica,I have several nicer Hohners, Lee Oskars and a couple other older ones I got in Europe a long time ago.

Here's my favorite and the one that always finds itself in my pocket.

[​IMG]