How many of us play a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by snippy, Jul 30, 2014.

Do you play a musical instrument?

1. Yes, I play a musical instrument

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not play a musical instrument

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Secret_77

Secret_77 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2008
    I LOVE Aguilar... and fishing !

[​IMG]

2. Bladenoobie1

Bladenoobie1

Jul 20, 2012
    Alto sax--All the way from elementary school to high school. Did marching band competitively and did do jazz for a bit. Haven't played in a bit though. I probably suck now :D

3. Squashfan

Squashfan

Jun 6, 2012
    Seems like I am the odd man out here. Dabbled in piano in school but never liked it. After I got out my piano teacher got me into playing the mountain dulcimer. Not the kind you play with hammers. The mountain dulcimer is strummed. And it sits in your lap. Unfortunately, between my blossoming knife addiction, and a new full time job, the dulcimer got squeezed out. That was almost three years ago. I should try to pick it back up.

4. Moxy

Moxy

Oct 30, 2011
    Another guitarist here, since 03.

[​IMG]

5. Krissig12

Krissig12

Sep 11, 2013
    Nice^^

Obviously mine doesnt compare, but I have one of the 2008 Les Paul Standards with the partial hollow body thing. Cherry Burst coloration I think. My dad gifted it to me when I was only a couple years into playing. I only had an old squire at the time, so it was a much appreciated upgrade. Its funny because I remember him telling me that the one he was going to get me originally, he was told couldnt be sold since it had a "blemish". He asked the guy what the blemish was, and the guy told him it was as if you had taken a quarter and just lightly tapped it on the back of the guitar in one spot. They deemed it "unsellable" and were likely going to take a ban saw to it instead :eek: THATS how picky Gibson is when it comes to quality control and thier reputation... But in the end my dad ended up getting one that looked just as awesome. I love it and still play it six years later, but if Im honest, I dont play as much as I used to. Other interests have taken over I guess;)

Its also worth mentioning that I dont really consider myself to be a "guitar guy", as I know very little about guitar related things. Guitar guys who hear that I play guitar always start firing questions at me pertaining to amps, pickups, pedals, etc, and I always feel awkward not knowing much about what they are talking about...:eek: It always dampens their excitement when I have to explain that I dont understand a word theyre saying:D
    I just play songs that I know and learn songs that I wanna know. I was never much good at music theory and for the life of me cant remember more than a couple scales. So I guess Im not really a guitar player in the traditional sense, I just play guitar.....:D

That said, here she is:

[​IMG]

6. Inazone

Inazone

Aug 27, 2012
    I've been playing guitar in a thrash/death metal band for the past 14+ years, and a few other metal bands before that. In fact, it was in my early teens that I set aside my interest in knives to start acquiring guitar gear. I've accumulated a pretty respectable collection of Jacksons, as well as a couple of other brands.

[​IMG]

7. weinerd

weinerd

Feb 12, 2011
    Piano and other keyboard instruments. Guitar, bass. Drums. Voice.

8. ninjarabbi

ninjarabbi

Dec 24, 2013
    Is Mayonnaise an instrument?

9. robin11

robin11

May 10, 2014
    i play the didgeridoo and used to drum in a hardcore band..

10. CubeLW

CubeLW

Jul 16, 2014
    I play the knife- err alto sax [​IMG]

11. G-2

G-2

Feb 21, 2006
    I've been playing Drums off and on since I was 6, played professionally 30 years ago. Currently at home in the studio, the TAMA Starclassic Performers (100% Birch 1999) are set up, and the Cases are stacked. The TAMA's are also for the stage, and have H&B Enduro's. I use a Noble & Cooley 14"x 7" Steam-bent Maple Snare, Paiste Cymbals (Signature, 602, 2002, & Twenty), TAMA Iron Cobra Peddles, & DW 9000 Series Stands for the studio.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  12. Krissig12

Krissig12

Sep 11, 2013
    No Patrick, mayonnaise is not an instrument......:D

13. coldsteelburns

coldsteelburns

Aug 2, 2010
    I played guitar for probably about 9-10 years as a hobby and jammed with my buddies here and there :cool: until I got into knifemaking that is... then I sold my big ol' marshall halfstack amp and geetar and FX pedals etc. to buy knife making supplies and tools ;) lol

-Paul
    www.youtube.com/Lsubslimed

14. ellipticus

ellipticus

Jan 21, 2013
    -----

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  15. docsmith

docsmith

Dec 28, 2013
    I've been studying music since 1973; was a music major in college (guitar performance).

[​IMG]P1000395 by ksmithdc, on Flickr

16. TheDandyLion

TheDandyLion

Mar 27, 2013
    "Yes, I play a musical instrument"

"a musical instrument"

as in one...

Well I can only play one at a time but I play several. My favorite being guitar but a close second is bass or cello. When it comes to guitar I play anything from bluegrass on my acoustic or steel body to heavy metal on one of my strats, mostly blues-ier stuff though. I also play piano, as I mentioned earlier, cello (Which I don't play near enough), I play the three main sizes of Saxophone (baritone, tenor and alto), I played trumpet for a little while in my schools marching band and I also play clarinet (I'm sort of a clarinet amateur)

So yeah, I play "an" instrument

17. Loosearrow

Loosearrow

Apr 14, 2008
    Self taught Kansas mountain dulicmer champion x 2. I haven't picked it up for awhile. Lots going on. It is a nice sound and great camp instrument.

18. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    Another drummer here. Been playing in local hardcore and metal bands since around high school. I'm 30 now haha.

Here's an older shot. That's me on the drums.

[​IMG]

19. tubamonster

tubamonster

Apr 13, 2013
    I think it's pretty obvious what I play-tuba.

20. Grouch

Grouch

Oct 28, 2005
    Who are you kiddin'? That's not a musical instrument. That's just a loud noisemaker made out of old plumbing.

just kidding.