I bet they'd sell if anyone could figure out how to buy them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
9mm4me said:
SO what that I have been planning a camping trip for over 6 mos and can't have a SR knife for it. . . .

ETA: Justin @ Ranger Knives has no problem taking my money!

So what is stopping you from buying a swamp Rat knife? You can find pretty much anything you want with minimal effort.

You do realize that "ETA" means "estimated time of arrival"? That last statement makes no sense.

It doesn't make any sense to complain about not being able to get something, if you haven't even been trying.
During the last 6 months, I bought 2 Swamp Rats, and passed on a bunch. (I also pre-ordered a few more)

Yeah, me too on the great knives, interesting people, thrill of the hunt and all that, but, to say the least, the SR internet sites are "quirky" to very "quirky."

As fireball says, that'd be very easy to fix, -- I hope they do, and I'd bet that it's in the works. Eric, I think it would make your job easier:thumbup:.

Rat Finkenstein said:
So what is stopping you from buying a swamp Rat knife? You can find pretty much anything you want with minimal effort.

You do realize that "ETA" means "estimated time of arrival"? That last statement makes no sense.

It doesn't make any sense to complain about not being able to get something, if you haven't even been trying.
During the last 6 months, I bought 2 Swamp Rats, and passed on a bunch. (I also pre-ordered a few more)

ETA in that context means "edited to add"

I am not going to pay $250 for a used camp tramp or $300 for a rattweiler.

How are you pre-ordering unless you mean for the crash axe? Must be another one of those clique things.

9mm4me said:
ETA in that context means "edited to add"

I am not going to pay $250 for a used camp tramp or $300 for a rattweiler.

How are you pre-ordering unless you mean for the crash axe? Must be another one of those clique things.

Yeah, the first rule of Rat clique is, you dont talk about Rat Clique :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

I have some Crash Rats on order, I also passed on the Battle Guard preorders.

There have been many, many Rats for sale in the exchange, and lots of them had decent prices. You can also post a wanted to buy thread.

Those prices you are talking about must have been from EBay. If you are going there looking to buy, that is your first mistake. Rare to see any low prices there. :thumbdn:

BTW,
If you edit, it makes more sense to write:

"Edit:" :thumbup:

Edit: I guess there has been some higher priced Rats in the exchange, but there have also been plenty of decent deals.

I'll expand it to the last eight months:

I've bought...
RETAIL
Extravaganza: (2) Battle Rats, (1) OD Ratweiller
Company Store: (1) RIP, (1) Rat Mastiff
Blade 2006: (1) Tan Camp Tramp, (1) M6.

Forums: (1) Dog Skinner, (1) Ratchet, (1) Bandicoot.

One of the forum blades was purchased at less than retail. The other two were no more than thirty percent over retail.

I've passed on many, many used forum blades since then. Some were at good prices. Other were at reasonable rates if you really wanted the knife. Only a few did I consider REALLY over the top in price.

I REALLY want a DC/Satin SFNO. They frequently sold for $300-$375 as recently as 6-8 months ago. They're now selling for $450-500+. I don't want one that badly. But I am patient...

Rat Finkenstein said:
Yeah, the first rule of Rat clique is, you dont talk about Rat Clique :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

I have some Crash Rats on order, I also passed on the Battle Guard preorders.

There have been many, many Rats for sale in the exchange, and lots of them had decent prices. You can also post a wanted to buy thread.

Those prices you are talking about must have been from EBay. If you are going there looking to buy, that is your first mistake. Rare to see any low prices there. :thumbdn:

BTW,
If you edit, it makes more sense to write:

"Edit:" :thumbup:

Here's a rattweiler that sold on our board for $295
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412717

Here's a used camp tramp on our boards for $250
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413210

If some people are stupid enough to pay that much then it only makes things worse for us. So I refuse to participate in making some gouger rich.

I had no interest in the battle guard. I am not going to pay more for a feature that is worthless to me.

I am really surprised to see you sticking up for such blatant disdain for average customers.

It's that attitude that will never get that website updated.

Yes the product is fantastic, but lets face it, they just don't care if anyone outside the circle buys a knife because the circle buys all the knives.

9mm4me said:
Here's a rattweiler that sold on our board for $295
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412717

Here's a used camp tramp on our boards for $250
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413210

If some people are stupid enough to pay that much then it only makes things worse for us. So I refuse to participate in making some gouger rich.

I had no interest in the battle guard. I am not going to pay more for a feature that is worthless to me.

You come off as a very negative person. Two examples does not mean much.
Please explain to me how making a $100 or so profit makes someone rich.

You still overlook the fact that there have been plenty of blades available with minimal effort. I bought two Black and Tan Battle Rats in one of the extravaganzaaaa's. These blades have been selling for around $200 which is a fair price. Go post in the wanted to buy section if you want a knife. Maybe take a few minutes of almost no effort to actually try to find a knife.

9mm4me said:
Yes the product is fantastic, but lets face it, they just don't care if anyone outside the circle buys a knife because the circle buys all the knives.

I agree that the website is bad. Very bad. But websites aren't their business; it's making knives. The website is a component, a tool, of the marketing department. As long as they don't need to market, why devote the resources?

Having owned a business (and, after seven years, I never want to again!) I can assure you that many business owners don't want, and shouldn't want, to grow larger. Bigger is not always better. Bigger can mean that the owner deals with more stress and different duties. That can even mean no longer being able to do the part of the job they enjoy the most. The very reason for going into business in the first place.

They should concentrate on whatever keeps Jerry and those around him happy. If you ever meet them, I'll bet you agree they seem happy. Even Eric seems happy... well, kind of. ;)

They have difficulty meeting current demand. Hence, the high aftermarket prices. Why try and create more sales????

While I fear this last statement will sound bad, since I happily recommend all of the Wauseon blades to anyone who asks, I personally don't care if...
9mm4me said:
anyone outside the circle buys a knife because the circle buys all the knives.

There is an inner circle factor, and an average knife buyer is going to miss out on a lot of info and products from SRKW.

The website is in desperate need of an update, is run very poorly and is in need of a massive renovation.

I would also like to add that the official site and the company stores should be found at the same web address. I ddin't even know they existed until somebody showed me.

These are facts. When I first peaked interest in SRKW (and later Busse Combat), I also wondered why everybody seemed to know so much more than me, and why there were so many knives that people had that I had never even heard of from checking the official site.

The difference was that I embraced the inner circle and asked questions to get what I want rather than getting all sour grapes about it. I'm much happier that way, and I have good knives.

All in all, I think a few changes would be welcome and business would greatly increase, but I worry that SRKW wouldn't be able to handle the demand if they were more straight forward.

Paddling_man said:
I agree that the website is bad. Very bad. But websites aren't their business; it's making knives. The website is a component, a tool, of the marketing department. As long as they don't need to market, why devote the resources?

Having owned a business (and, after seven years, I never want to again!) I can assure you that many business owners don't want, and shouldn't want, to grow larger. Bigger is not always better. Bigger can mean that the owner deals with more stress and different duties. That can even mean no longer being able to do the part of the job they enjoy the most. The very reason for going into business in the first place.

They should concentrate on whatever keeps Jerry and those around him happy. If you ever meet them, I'll bet you agree they seem happy. Even Eric seems happy... well, kind of. ;)

They have difficulty meeting current demand. Hence, the high aftermarket prices. Why try and create more sales????

While I fear this last statement will sound bad, since I happily recommend all of the Wauseon blades to anyone who asks, I personally don't care if...

For better or for worse, that's the way its going to be.

I did say "kind of." I could never tell if you are smiling or snarling!!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have the feeling that most people feel better waiting if they've at least got orders in the system.

Rat Finkenstein said:
You come off as a very negative person.

What you are perceiving as negativity is merely frustration.All I want is to buy a knife at the posted price. When anyone asks about availability, its always "soon" or "a couple weeks". Never a straight answer. Always vague.

So how bout' it Eric. Prove me wrong. When will we be able to buy something from the new line?

9mm4me said:
they just don't care if anyone outside the circle buys a knife because the circle buys all the knives.

So very true, just like selling water to thirsty people

9mm4me said:
What you are perceiving as negativity is merely frustration.All I want is to buy a knife at the posted price. When anyone asks about availability, its always "soon" or "a couple weeks". Never a straight answer. Always vague.

So how bout' it Eric. Prove me wrong. When will we be able to buy something from the new line?

Why not post a wanted to buy thread in the exchange?
Seems you prefer complaining and acting frustrated to actually buying a knife.

You could have now had many Swamp Rats for retail or less(extravaganzaaas)
or for good prices in the exchange.

What have you been doing these many months since you posted the thread complaining about availability in April?

Nothing at all?

Nobody will feel sorry for the guy who complains that he doesn't have something, when it is obvious that he has no interest in making any sort of effort.

Rat Finkenstein said:
Why not post a wanted to buy thread in the exchange?
Seems you prefer complaining and acting frustrated to actually buying a knife.

You could have now had many Swamp Rats for retail or less(extravaganzaaas)
or for good prices in the exchange.

What have you been doing these many months since you posted the thread complaining about availability in April?

Nothing at all?

Nobody will feel sorry for the guy who complains that he doesn't have something, when it is obvious that he has no interest in making any sort of effort.

The answer is simple. I shouldn't have to. If there is a company that makes a product, I shouldn't have to seek out that product on a secondary market at inflated prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back