I think the ZT 0888 Max is about to ship - the 0454 is also about to ship

I started a similar post on a different knife forum and Thomas W answered. He said:

"As to the 0888's, they all have shipped, and the pattern is officially retired. There were 3 variations, the S110V CB's, Maxamet's, and M390's. All produced in limited quantities."

I also mentioned the 0454, and he said:

"The 0454 should be out soon."
Soon is 2 years after winning "blade of the year". Just like the 777 and 888. That knife won't be out for another year.

I sure hope so...the 0888 IMO takes it up even from the original Vanax/damascus 0777. I was floored by the quality and almost annoying level of detail that was paid. I can't wait to see the 0454 and if it takes it up another notch...

Oh, i can not wait to see what these new 0888's look like. I literally just picked up a 0888 2 days ago and love it. Took me about 2 years to hunt one of these down but now that i have it, man is it a beauty. Just dont know which i love more, one of the 0777s i have (Damascus and m390 non black), the new 801cf, or the 0888. All so nice.

Apparently my attempt at humor got me a warning for trolling. No bets here. Back on topic.

Your attempt at humor failed. Hopefully your next attempt at humor will be soon. This is assuming we are using your definition of the term soon....Putz

Oh, i can not wait to see what these new 0888's look like. I literally just picked up a 0888 2 days ago and love it. Took me about 2 years to hunt one of these down but now that i have it, man is it a beauty. Just dont know which i love more, one of the 0777s i have (Damascus and m390 non black), the new 801cf, or the 0888. All so nice.

I couldn't agree more. All four of the knives you mention are in my top ten favorites of the knives that I own. The 0600 and 0560cbcf would be on that list, too. The only thing IMHO that could have been improved on any of these was the detent strength on the 0560cbcf. Everything else was the pinnacle of perfection. And the privilege of owning these makes me as proud as a spring peacock. :thumbup::thumbup: to ZT. Keep 'em coming...

Stay on topic. There will not be name-calling or any other nonsense going forward.

I couldn't agree more. All four of the knives you mention are in my top ten favorites of the knives that I own. The 0600 and 0560cbcf would be on that list, too. The only thing IMHO that could have been improved on any of these was the detent strength on the 0560cbcf. Everything else was the pinnacle of perfection. And the privilege of owning these makes me as proud as a spring peacock. :thumbup::thumbup: to ZT. Keep 'em coming...

Envious of your 0777 damascus. I had the opportunity to buy the 0777 damascus from an out-of-town dealer when it first came out. Like a dope, I decided to hold off, wanting to give the business to my local dealer. I kick myself for that decision.

Of my LE ZT/KAI products, the ergonomics and action of the 0600 is the absolute sweetest. I want to add a 0600 DLC to the stable, but that will have to wait until my wallet recovers from the upcoming 0888 Max and M390 purchases I am hoping for.

Last edited:
Envious of your 0777 damascus. I had the opportunity to buy the 0777 damascus from an out-of-town dealer when it first came out. Like a dope, I decided to hold off, wanting to give the business to my local dealer. I kick myself for that decision.

Of my LE ZT/KAI products, the ergonomics and action of the 0600 is the absolute sweetest. I want to add a 0600 DLC to the stable, but that will have to wait until my wallet recovers from the upcoming 0888 Max and M390 purchases I am hoping for.

I am personally quite surprised that the 0600 didn't gain more popularity than it seemed to get. It's as beautiful as it is bad ass IMO. But I think it was just too big for many folk. I love both versions, and you won't regret getting the dlc when you do get a chance. That black blade is stunning against the titanium. And, as you well know, the machining of the titanium is also superb.

I paid through the nose for my 0777cb on fleabay, but I didn't care. It was a serial # I had to have. Fortunately, fleabay had just given me a 10% off coupon about the time it was listed, so it wasn't quite so painful. But you know how it is with ZT; there are just some knives for which you'd even sell your family jewels. So I just rationalize that I've always wanted to be able to hit those high notes. :yawn: :D

I'd wish you good luck on the 0888's, but I'm afraid you might get 'mine'. :eek:

Peace bro.

I am personally quite surprised that the 0600 didn't gain more popularity than it seemed to get. It's as beautiful as it is bad ass IMO. But I think it was just too big for many folk. I love both versions, and you won't regret getting the dlc when you do get a chance. That black blade is stunning against the titanium. And, as you well know, the machining of the titanium is also superb.

The 0600 is also slightly different than the 777 or 888 because it is based on an existing design. A lot of people were hoping the 0600 would be easier access to the incredible flipping action of the RJ Martin Q-36/Overkill, but found the 0600 to be lacking in that regard. The 777 and 888 can't really be compared to much else on the market. That's my thoughts on the matter anyways :)

A majority of the dealers I spoke with on the phone today said they were only getting 2 in the max variation! Numbers varied on the m390's but said number was usually around 5. I don't like my chances :( I'd be thrilled with an m390.

A majority of the dealers I spoke with on the phone today said they were only getting 2 in the max variation! Numbers varied on the m390's but said number was usually around 5. I don't like my chances :( I'd be thrilled with an m390.

I am guessing we might see this being offered on Ebay etc at inflated prices due to the demand and lack of supply.

I wouldn't get too excited about a max.

Why not? It's kind of the equivalent to the 777M390 in a sense that it isn't quite as fancy as the more expensive model, but I still the 0777 delivered a helluva nice knife.

My local knife pusher came through again. Here are my new toys:

C0A296CC-5C7C-4AB8-A852-B22D35A02013_zpstrghfbmu.jpg
[/URL]

Back