I think the ZT 0888 Max is about to ship - the 0454 is also about to ship

Oh wow. DLC all over? Not sure how I feel about it. Would prefer standard handles and DLC blade. Did you see any M390 versions?

CONGRATS though. I am going to agonize a few more days, waiting by the phone.

Gonna cry myself to sleep tonight! Man I love the look of that MAX! More pics pretty please?

My local knife pusher came through again. Here are my new toys:

C0A296CC-5C7C-4AB8-A852-B22D35A02013_zpstrghfbmu.jpg
[/URL]

I'm guessing the local pusher won't sell you another 0888MAX to help out a fellow member?;)...jk. Definately a nice looking set.

Local pusher had some M390's but they where all spoken for. Here is a pic of one that was sold (0888M390). He was nice enough to show it to me :

717AA1E4-14C4-409F-AEB0-A23ABB3F1012_zpscqspkeo7.jpg
[/URL]
4DF3A585-FF8C-41C7-A6EF-351D63C9DE5D_zpsrsmmewh1.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks, busted.

So, I cannot really tell from the pic... is there a coating on the handle of the M390? It's also interesting that ZT didn't put the flute in the M390 blade.

Is it just me or is it next to impossible to get these limited zt's. I just have zero luck and it's staring to get frustrating.

Btw congrats bro looks awesome

Is it just me or is it next to impossible to get these limited zt's. I just have zero luck and it's staring to get frustrating.

Btw congrats bro looks awesome

Some LEs are more difficult to acquire than others - an obvious statement, I know. The 0600s, a super fine blade in its own right, are still readily available for a modest, if any, premium. The recently released 0801CFs are still fairly easy to get with not much premium if you are not in a hurry. The 0777M390 or 0777M390BLK are easy to get with a bit of premium, but not too bad. The first 0888s can still be had, but big premium. The 0777 damascus is an entirely different story. The 0560CBCF are easy to get.

I have already asked him that ....... many many times !!! lolzzz

Lol...glad I'm not alone with the hunt for maxamet madness. So just to be clear are the all gone by the wayside or are there dealers still awaiting their miniscule allotment?

Thanks, busted.

So, I cannot really tell from the pic... is there a coating on the handle of the M390? It's also interesting that ZT didn't put the flute in the M390 blade.

There is a coating on the M390, but it doesn't look the same as the Max. I think it may be a different type of coating. I noticed the lack of the groove too. I was wondering why it didn't have it like the others.

Kind of makes you wonder why they would put the groove in the maxamet that I imagine is a greater PITA to machine in general than a m390 blade since they did it in the 0777's.:confused:

Kind of makes you wonder why they would put the groove in the maxamet that I imagine is a greater PITA to machine in general than a m390 blade since they did it in the 0777's.:confused:

It's not just the trouble, all these special materials eat up tooling.

They are not custom makers doing a few here and there....they are a production company making custom quality knives in magnitude comparatively.

I know it's disappointing when we can't obtain one of these cool knives but its better than waiting years for one knife.

Spyderco did sprints in 200-500 range that were not near as difficult as most of these.

Wow the knife looses a lot without the groove. Disappointing really such a classy stylish and well executed knife, my favorite KAI limited edition so far.

They could have etched the milling pattern where the groove should be, would have given the blade the respect of the original design which the rest of the knife screams for.

Judging from the pictures so far and without seeing them in person looks like the S100V is the darling of the litter IMHO.

Local pusher had some M390's but they where all spoken for. Here is a pic of one that was sold (0888M390). He was nice enough to show it to me :

717AA1E4-14C4-409F-AEB0-A23ABB3F1012_zpscqspkeo7.jpg
[/URL]
4DF3A585-FF8C-41C7-A6EF-351D63C9DE5D_zpsrsmmewh1.jpg
[/URL]

WOW, just WOW. Makes me want to curl up in a fetal ball, blow snot bubbles, and cry like a little girl. ZT friggin owns me.

Back