I think the ZT 0888 Max is about to ship - the 0454 is also about to ship

I am in the same boat...for the same reasons. Shake my head, and just don't look at the CC bill for awhile.

After about a week of agonizing and waiting, I'm finally confirmed to receive 1 Max and several M390s. I have some in hand now, and more to come Tuesday.

The Max is going for some serious money on various sites. I haven't seen how much the M390s are going for yet.

Paid the big bucks to get a MAX. Will be in hand tomorrow! :) Wish I could have found out for a decent price. And I think it's bull that dealers are putting these up for auctions...

Well I paid for a maxmet today, should have it next week. In 2 weeks I got a 801cf, 600, 400, 801brwcf, 888 maxmet. I tapped out.

That's interesting I'm surprised one of the lottery dealers would put theirs up on Ebay so blatantly. I would hope that ZT would frown on the practice of a lottery winning dealer putting them directly on Ebay for the highest bidder, it just seems in poor taste, especially when that dealer has a working online store already. I suppose it's a free market, after all look how every authorized dealers sells Hinderers way over retail.

Had to go look. I'm assuming your referring to "dellasknives"?

Yep its a free market but dealers getting these in and going straight to Ebay with them is not what ZT originally intended IMO.

They listed them (one of each Maxamet and m390) at $500 buy now price and had to remove the listings to switch to auction.

I gotta say I'm not a fan of these limited edition sprint run things. It's a pain in the ass to have to get your name on a list if you want something. The crazy secondary market prices are because of this and I don't get how zt will benifit from jacked up secondary prices. Unless they they keep a bunch to sell on ebay for way too much later lol. I say if I have money and want a production knife then I should be able to buy the damn thing. Say what you will but the 888 is just a user grade knife. We're not talking some ultra rare black Diamond to be kept in a safe and drooled over.

I offered that dealer $1200 PP invoice for that MAX and was declined....

And I love the LEs. Just wish ZT would sell them directly to consumers. It would be so much easier than trying to figure out where and when!

Last edited:
I offered that dealer $1200 PP invoice for that MAX and was declined....

That's kind of strange considering you offered 200% over msrp.:rolleyes: At least the one that was listed for $3200 didn't sell. Can't imagine the frenzy that would have created.

What's so strange about it? I looked at the completed listings for the 0888s. Of course, all of them were for the s110v version. Pretty sure the lowest sold for around $1150. Most sold for $1350. Took that info and made an offer.

Last edited:
What's so strange about it? I looked at the completed listings for Of course, all of them were for the s110v version. Pretty sure the lowest sold for around $1150. Most sold for $1350. Took that info and made an offer.

Sorry if that came off like I was knocking you for it. I thought you made a reasonable offer that's all I was getting at.

All good! My point was to back up a previous post. My offer was more than reasonable but obviously the person was expecting more or they would have accepted it. Meant to focus on peoples greed rather than my stupidity.

Last edited:
Yeah their original listings says it was removed for an error in the listing, since the text and photos are identical I couldn't imagine what the listing error was. :rolleyes: Probably saw what the other one that ended today was going for.

The one that ended earlier "only" went for $1000 with their ethics they might change their mind about your $1200 offer now.

Yeah their original listings says it was removed for an error in the listing, since the text and photos are identical I couldn't imagine what the listing error was. :rolleyes: Probably saw what the other one that ended today was going for.

The one that ended earlier "only" went for $1000 with their ethics they might change their mind about your $1200 offer now.

I was Happy to get that one. :)

Back