If given the chance, what knife company would you work for and what changes would you make....>

Emerson - the option for different handle colors, materials and offer models with titanium frame locks and a fully serrated blade option....

CRK.

I would upgrade the steels and even have the choice of what steel you want on each model.

And also off course; personally see to that the different steels have the optimun performace and HT.

I might also take a look at bringing back the 21 in production.

:D

I received a letter from the Department of Labor and Social Security, shortly after my 65th birthday last year, informing me that my work permit was cancelled/voided/nullified. As a "natural born" citizen, I was unaware I had (or needed) a work permit ....

Citizens don't need work permits.

Citizens don't need work permits.
That's what I thought.
Like I said, I didn't know I had or needed one.

I was born in Wisconsin. Pretty sure my mum was, too. Grandma and her siblings were born in Iowa. Great Grandpa, was born in the Wichita, KS area, in 1891. I traced that side of the family back to 1802, in PA before the names of parents were unknown.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. I was born in Wisconsin. Pretty sure my mum was, too. Grandma and her siblings were born in Iowa. Great Grandpa, was born in the Wichita, KS area, in 1891. I traced that side of the family back to 1802, in PA before the names of parents were unknown.
It might have been an error, not the first time that 's ever happened.

Sabre cat; can you also get rid of that bear grille crap,too? And bring back the MK1 dagger, and an updated version of the bolt action folder along w some other of their blackie collins designs....

Of course. I would love to do that. But Bear has a contract that we would have to do something about.

How about splitting the company?
Kind of like Kershaw/ZT.

That's what I thought.
Like I said, I didn't know I had or needed one.

I was born in Wisconsin. Pretty sure my mum was, too. Grandma and her siblings were born in Iowa. Great Grandpa, was born in the Wichita, KS area, in 1891. I traced that side of the family back to 1802, in PA before the names of parents were unknown.

Do you think that someone else is doing stuff with your identity?

Like using your SSN or something?

doubtful.
Maybe not. A friend of mine was on disability and someone tried to claim unemployment using his name and SSN. He received a letter stating that his disability was being canceled because of the unemployment claim. It took my friend 6-8 weeks to get it straightened out. During that time he had zero money coming in.

In answer to your questions: None and None.

I received a letter from the Department of Labor and Social Security, shortly after my 65th birthday last year, informing me that my work permit was cancelled/voided/nullified. As a "natural born" citizen, I was unaware I had (or needed) a work permit ....

If it were legally possible for me to work at a cutlery company, I would not be in the engineering, research and development, or marketing departments, nor an officer of the company authorized to make production changes.

I figure the cutlery companies all have a business plan that they follow, are selling everything they make, presumably at a sufficient profit to remain in business. They know their target consumer a lot better than we do.
As mentioned previously, this is only for foreign workers in the US. Must have been an mishap. Never heard of this happening to a US citizen, something new everyday.

Do you think that someone else is doing stuff with your identity?

Like using your SSN or something?
Foreign workers have their own SSNs.

Wenger si was excellent,i had one...airport security took it off...forgot it in pocket...didnt have time to mail it back...was late for flight....too bad they dont make same model now...

I’d like to work for Randall made knives, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Hinderer. I'd make the pivot keyed on the lockside, and standardize the rest of the hardware to T8. Then, perfect.

No need to work for Rick to do that :) (T6 (LBS), T8, T10 and T15 though)

i-TCBbZwX-X4.jpg

Regarding the OP, None and None. I'm passionate about what I do, and rather am a customer of somebody who's passionate about what they do. I do like when I can support a growing custom maker.

Victorinox.

First I'd get rid of the super annoying keyring stub that sticks up and jabs the palm of your hand on the alox models, and go back to the hollow rivet and Bail like on the Wenger SI.

Then add a cadet X to the line up.

But most of all, get rid of/ditch the cheap red 'celidor' plastic scale and replace with either nylon like on the military models, or FRN. Any color can be moulded in and you'd have scales that won't crack or break off so easy.

The Climber had the original Cadet toolset plus scissors and some on the back.

I don't know if you could financially justify switching from Cellidor to nylon. Most SAKs are sold at commodity prices, so they're very sensitive to price increases, and having to redo the entire production system of the world's largest cutlery manufacturer would cost a lot of money. Beyond that, Cellidor is 45% plant-based, so it's "green" compared to most plastics. You also can't make FRN/nylon in transparent colors.

doubtful.

The whole thing sounds like a scam to me.

God yes. The Brian Tighe models for sure! I'd even be happy with CPM-S30V and good F&F.

And the Richard Rogers models too!
I’d be happy with 154CM.

Any company that isn't shady.

Good quality T8 body screws.

No permanent threadlocker.

Hardware shapes that prevent anything from spinning freely.

Set the budget floor at Sandvik Steels like 12C27 and 14C28N instead of 8Cr13 and Chinese D2.

Thin blade stocks ground to get nice and thin behind the edge.

And the Richard Rogers models too!
I’d be happy with 154CM.

While 154CM is fine, the prices they currently charge demand something better IMO. CPM-154 would be a good start if not one of the CPM S series, or even CTS-XHP, one of my favorites.

Any company that isn't shady.

Good quality T8 body screws.

No permanent threadlocker.

Hardware shapes that prevent anything from spinning freely.

Set the budget floor at Sandvik Steels like 12C27 and 14C28N instead of 8Cr13 and Chinese D2.

Thin blade stocks ground to get nice and thin behind the edge.
Imagine what would happen if Gerber and CRKT shifted to 14c28n as their base blade steel and used a good heat treatment!

Back