1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

If you could only have one

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Panthera tigris, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    I now understand. All Jerry's "good will" in "sharing" is really just a really good excuse to hide them from the better half. If the knives aren't there, they can't be found. 😃

Just kidding buddy.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    No, that one has my name on it right under the scales. Tony knows this.;)

3. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Well for me I think it's the Hiking Buddy - I reach for that knife more than anything else that I own. I have only ever handled the one Hiking Buddy I own so that is the configuration I would go with, however I wouldn't mind trying a 1/8" TT model someday.

• Blade Thickness: 5/32"
    • Tang: Tapered Tang
    • Blade Steel: O1 Tool Steel
    •* Handle material: Natural canvas over stacked natural canvas & yellow liners

There are prettier Hiking Buddies out there but I really love the looks of this natural canvas over natural liners and yellow pin stripes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As it sits after a year's worth of use...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David L likes this.
  4. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    This is an evil thread! I've already trimmed down to 5 Fiddlebacks in the USA and a 12" machete and then I have 4 Fiddlebacks in Bolivia and a 12" machete there too. That took a lot of soul searching to narrow down to those few knives. Now you want us to consider just 1?!

Well, after much thinking, I've done it. If I HAD to get rid of all the others and just have 1, it would be the Hiking Buddy I have down in Bolivia. For me and my uses, the HB just is a great all-a-rounder. It's not too big, it's not too little, it's just right! It's not ideal for every task, but boy oh boy have I stretched its capabilities and it is just a small knife that works. Not to mention that it's special beyond its awesomeness. This particular HB is 100% made by Andy. It was 1 of the 10 he brought for submission and acceptance into the Knife Guild. It's handle melds with my hand perfectly. This knife is just in a whole other level of awesomeness that my other Fiddlebacks just can't seem to attain. It is awesome!

[​IMG]

5. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    ... I would literally lose my mind!! :eek:

What an evil question, Jarrett!! You sick sumbitch! :mad:

6. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Hahaha. As it turns out, with my wheeling and dealing ways I find myself without any Fiddlebacks (my wife owns one though). No collection is complete without one, so I am experiencing the market with fresh eyes and vicariously enjoying your considerations in this regard.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    This may just be the cruelest, most unreasonable, diabolical thread ever written. I've tried several times to wrap my mind around this question the past 24 hours with the same result...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Kirkwood

Dec 29, 2012
    Well in that case...

My cornflower runt is the best Fiddleback ever. I am only selling it because I am a giver. You should buy it so it can be your Forever Fiddleback. :thumbup:

:D

9. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    No one has answered Fiddleback beer koozie yet, but from a survivalist perspective it seems like an essential piece of gear.

10. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    That makes me wish I had a comparison pic of bushnub with bushfinger and pocket kep with kephart.

I admire your consistency, as well as your sunburst BC from Ken's glory days.

I think Andy mentioned once that creating the Bushfinger design was an "aha" moment in his knifemaking career. Solid knife.

I have no idea how to visualize this one. I think you mean a Leuku?

That is the nicest KE Bushie in all of creation.

Heck yeah, the Gaucho is a solid performing knife. But everytime I think of it I hear the Steely Dan song playing in my head...

"Who is the gaucho amigo
    Why is he standing
    In your spangled leather poncho
    With the studs that match your eyes..."

No disrespect meant to anyone I have not quoted yet. Keep them coming!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  11. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Whaat?? Now that's CRAZY TALK!

[​IMG]

12. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I can make the first part of this happen sometime in the next handful of days. I've got a Bushfinger en route.

I also agree with this! That scandi starry night KEB is my favorite.

13. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    I'm surprised that one is still there! It might be a problem with branding. Let's call it cobalt blue.

14. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Of course, the answer to this question changes from time to time for me, but right now I'd take a Bushhermitt.

15. Davor

Davor

Mar 10, 2010
    Damn you Kirk, I wanted that Skinny Ash 1. Was it that skinny, normally they are less than .22

16. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Hit me up if you need any help sharking! I'll be poised over the keyboard like ...
    [​IMG]

17. Kirkwood

Dec 29, 2012
    Hmm... good point about the branding. Not sure about cobalt. Think it needs more 'Merica. I'll have to think on this.

LOL randomness!! It was .2" exactly with the coating.

Would be a good stripper candidate. :thumbup:

18. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 13, 2013
    I'd just chain Andy down in the basement and throw new material down each week...

19. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe

Jan 6, 2005
    Tony's Ironwood KPH or Ladyfinger for just staring at, Production Duke for use.

20. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I'll bring them over next week for you to stare at.

If I get to chop something up with that gorgeous production Duke you have.