1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

If you could only have one

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Panthera tigris, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Haha! They've been pretty common lately! I feel the same way about some of the models I like though.

2. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    This S35VN Recluse. 5/32 and does most things well. Bit of a sentimental thing with it as well.
    [​IMG]

3. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    I've been waiting on a Recluse to show up in this thread. What are your thoughts on the profile for general bushcraft and woods use?

4. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    It is pretty good for everything. Works well for processing game (used it on moose and reindeer), good for working with wood and decent for food prep. The Bushfinger and guardless Ladyfinger are better for food prep on a cutting board, but the Recluse is a great all rounder. Mine is a few years old and has a slightly fatter handle than what Andy normally makes these days (same with my Bushfinger), but I have large hands so it's good for me.

5. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    Every time you post up that Recluse -and your other awesome stainless Fiddlebacks- my desire for a stainless Recluse is rekindled. Man! That thing is sweet.

6. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Thanks. If it is any consolation I feel lust when you post up that Osage Ladyfinger of yours :D

Afaik Andy has only made a couple of Recluses in stainless so they aren't easy to find

7. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I'll take the consolation! Haha.

There always seems to be a little push for more stainless and they put out a handful every once in a while, maybe one day!

8. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 13, 2013
    Hot damn, a scandi Bushboot. You don't see them everyday. I bet that is a sweet little carver.

9. pertinux

pertinux

Feb 1, 2012
    Naw, because if so I would have said, "Leuku," duh. :p

If forced to stay with a knife I already have, I'd cry a whole lot and possibly go with my Bear Cub, due to its mid-range size?

[​IMG]

But, that would be assuming different scenarios from my current day-to-days, in which the Bear Cub is passable but on the Big side of comfort and acceptability.

Hence, my desire for something that combines everything I want/love-- massive style points, comfort in hand, discreet carryability, a good all-around blade, etc.

I'll still want All My KnivesĀ® no matter what, but a Bear Cub, Jr. (poised/sized between the Pocket Kephart and the current Bear Cub) or a Patchnub (Patch handle, Bushnub-ish blade) would likely be right up my alley. Tho' we'd have to work in a swedge or other swashbuckle as a nod to the 'falcen. :D

~ P.

10. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    of all the ones i've tried, right now i like the bushraptor the best....

[​IMG]

romarin likes this.
  11. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    I'd go with this one so far...

[​IMG]

romarin likes this.