If you could only live with one knife brand...

It's a pretty easy choice for me as I love XL folders and Cold Steel is virtually the only company that makes them. Of course CS also has a large range of fixed knives as well as swords,hawks, spears etc,etc. And despite their unneeded move to more expensive steels, they're still cheaper than many brands.

Cold Steel has to be #1 for variety and value . Kai and Spyderco , but do they have machetes and boar spears etc. ?
I don’t have boar where I live. I do have whales and salt water though. Once the next flash run Spyderco comes out, I’m fully satisfied with the Spyderco lineup from stout folders to fighters to bushcraft to choppers to edc to kitchen. Cold Steel is Up there though.

Spyderco without a doubt.
Great knives, both fixed and folding knives.
Any steel, any shape size style material you can think of.
With great takes on classic/historic/native/specialized knives from all over the world.
Hard not to find any that makes you a happy knife user.

Spyderco because Tactical knives are dumb for most tasks (fun to look at and fidget tho).

Spyderco offers everything under the sun including different super steels in different knife styles (yes even some Tactical). I enjoy the slicing ability they haven.

I like zt and some benchmades are good (when you get a good one) but they have nothing on spyderco. And I'm not really a Spyderco fan boy. Just being honest with the topic title (from 2015).

It has been nearly two years and nothing has really changed knife-wise. Still carry a Vic SAK everyday and my choice would be Spyderco if I could only have one "brand". I could easily live with just a SAK for the rest of my days. The one change that has occurred is that I purchased a Steel Will Mini Cutjack in M390 (flipper with G10 handles) and I am very pleased with it. But it would still be Spyderco I think if I had to choose. I'm really glad that I don't have to choose.

SPYDERCO.. they keep me coming back for more.

I have the new M390 PM2 inbound from DLT. My small collection has a good variety of brands..

ZT
CRK
GEC
SAK/Victorinox
Hinderer
CRKT
Rockstead
Buck
Case
Klein
Shirogorov

.. but the only brand I own multiples of is Spyderco.

Possibly it's becuse they were my gateway brand, but I think it's more because they're great knives and good value.

It has been nearly two years and nothing has really changed knife-wise. Still carry a Vic SAK everyday and my choice would be Spyderco if I could only have one "brand". I could easily live with just a SAK for the rest of my days. The one change that has occurred is that I purchased a Steel Will Mini Cutjack in M390 (flipper with G10 handles) and I am very pleased with it. But it would still be Spyderco I think if I had to choose. I'm really glad that I don't have to choose.

Not saying this to second guess you, I’m just curious about your logic.

You carry a Vic SAK every day and could be happy with just a SAK for the rest of your life. So why pick Spyderco instead of Victorinox, and eliminate your most carried and most practical knife/tool?

Buck.
Everything from slip joints, classic lock backs, modern folders, hunting knives, large fixed blades, etc...

I really like the wide range of their offerings, and feel like i could fill all of my niches from this.

Next on the list would be Cold Steel. They have, as far as I can tell, the widest breadth of product line with everything from small folders up to machete and such. But I prefer Buck's products on a whole and could do just fine forever with only Buck's product line. In fact, even discounting their Chinese stuff, I could do just fine with only Bucks american made product line.

Ugh. I’m so friggin predictable I disgust myself.

I’ll agree with myself from 2 yrs ago...

Not saying this to second guess you, I’m just curious about your logic.

You carry a Vic SAK every day and could be happy with just a SAK for the rest of your life. So why pick Spyderco instead of Victorinox, and eliminate your most carried and most practical knife/tool?
I guess because generally speaking my Spyderco's are sharper than my SAKs typically are. I like different things within my limited knife world. Let's call it a tie on the knife brand choice. In someways, I think you're a little limited choosing just Victorinox for a forever brand. But I like them a lot.

I guess because generally speaking my Spyderco's are sharper than my SAKs typically are. I like different things within my limited knife world. Let's call it a tie on the knife brand choice. In someways, I think you're a little limited choosing just Victorinox for a forever brand. But I like them a lot.

OK cool. Thank you for explaining your perspective. As a huge fan of both of those companies I totally feel where you're coming from.

Back