If you could only live with one knife brand...

I didn't realize it till I looked through what I own but I get the most use out of my Schrade knives. Not the best I know, but they work fine for what I use them for and at the price point I'm not overly worried about loss/damage ect.

This should have a been a Poll thread... But it looks like Spyderco is in the lead...

Tacticlol

So. In a thread about "favorite brands", where Spydero is a common choice, you decided to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from the members who chose it as their "one brand."

Got it. Thanks. :thumbup:

So. In a thread about "favorite brands", where Spydero is a common choice, you decided to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from the members who chose it as their "one brand."

Got it. Thanks. :thumbup:

Now you see,why I didn't mention name of the thread in a first place: trying to prevent this wrong conclusion from happening.

Last edited:
Cold Steel is my folder maker of choice....but I'm not a fan of their fixed blades...

Beckers are my fixed blades of choice....but no folders....

If I had to pick 1 brand, it would likely be KaBar.....that would bank roll in the Becker fixed blades, and give you access to the Dozier, Dog Head, and other folders that would suffice....

I don't know much about folders, but for fixed blades I'd go with Survive Knives if I could only choose one company....they use great materials and they've got a design for pretty much any size you would want/need. If I could go custom & only choose one maker, I'd go with Robert Erickson...I recently bought these two beauties from him; a bird & trout in 52100 and a hunter in 3V:
View attachment 600581View attachment 600582

I am particularly fond of knife designs by Brad Southard, both his folders and those that carry the Spyderco brand...

Back