• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I'm getting fed up with D.j. Urbanovsky American Kami

So much this. I'll go further and say don't put down more than a token deposit unless they're ready to start your build.

Agree, I personally am very wary of any maker that asks for more than a 10% deposit up front.

I am always amazed at peoples gullibility when I read these year + long threads first defending a maker, then when the whole group gradually begins to realize; "it wasn't the shop move, or the barn fire, or my dogs surgery, or a new frame on muh truck, or whatever...", it's that the guy was (and is) a crook, he was taking your money all along, with never an intent to deliver a product of any type, unless you consider a fresh excuse a marketable item...

I love how moms sick, theyre sick, kids sick parents dying dawg died, etc etc

yeah everyone has issues it's called life and yet I still drag my arse to work every single day. work late when I have to. work weekends when I have to cause it's my job and I agreed to do it. no matter how sick, tired, whatever.....nothing gets in the way of work for me.

learned long ago work comes first. even before family. cause without a paycheck the family wont survive. it's pretty much that simple.

ask for your money back and interest.

A. 6 years a too long.
B. How did you pay any receipts ?
C. Why did you wait so long :eek:

@Mariascoit care to elaborate :confused:

Im suspect of any big maker with out a decent rep on BF. Doesn’t look like his account is active how did you make him mad on messenger?? @manghu67

A. 6 years a too long.
B. How did you pay any receipts ?
C. Why did you wait so long :eek:

@Mariascoit care to elaborate :confused:

Im suspect of any big maker with out a decent rep on BF. Doesn’t look like his account is active how did you make him mad on messenger?? @manghu67

Facebook messenger.

And no, I still don't have knife or money. More people are coming out of the woodwork on instagram.

I paid with paypal, I have every email from him.

I am always amazed at peoples gullibility when I read these year + long threads first defending a maker, then when the whole group gradually begins to realize; "it wasn't the shop move, or the barn fire, or my dogs surgery, or a new frame on muh truck, or whatever...", it's that the guy was (and is) a crook, he was taking your money all along, with never an intent to deliver a product of any type, unless you consider a fresh excuse a marketable item...

At the time the guy had 10+ years of a good reputation, hadn't heard anything bad about him.

Facebook messenger.

And no, I still don't have knife or money. More people are coming out of the woodwork on instagram.

I paid with paypal, I have every email from him.
I'm not sure of PayPals current time frame to file a claim. If still valid, I'd do it right away, or contact your bank.

I believe paypal is 90 days. I'm going to be contacting them and letting them know that he isn't fulfilling his orders. I know Nocturnal Knives got theirs shut down because so many people complained. The first email I got from him about this knife it was supposed to be 120 day wait time. I thought waiting 9 months for my Medford was bad.

I believe paypal is 90 days. I'm going to be contacting them and letting them know that he isn't fulfilling his orders. I know Nocturnal Knives got theirs shut down because so many people complained. The first email I got from him about this knife it was supposed to be 120 day wait time. I thought waiting 9 months for my Medford was bad.

You should have 180 days to file your claim with PayPal.

Yep ive been waiting over 3 years and im 1800 out had every excuse under the sun wont reply to my emails no refund the guy is a flat out crook

Dale Rief pulled this BS on me over a decade ago.

Last I heard that POS was mowing lawns for a living, thanks in no small part to this community.

Be relentless, spread the word. TELL EVERYONE! Email him constantly. Call him everyday. Become his worst nightmare. Never let him rest, forget, and keep posting about it here.

I ordered a folder in 2013. I know he had some issues with machine shops and some health problems but I have had so many promises I lost count. My last message from read as such

" Your knife will be done next week. It would be done now, but my mom has been in and out of the hospital since last Thursday." That was September 26. Then just yesterday I see him post on facebook that he has just finished 5 ManiAxe's and would be available for sale. WHAT? He has a LIST of outstanding orders that have been paid in Full. Not to mention he's Still taking orders.

Full customs: 21

Professional Grade folders: 28

Professional Grade fixies: 45

Professional Grade axes: 26

Sporky stuff: 24

Trainers: 5

I have been more than patient and have been waiting getting close to 6 years for a midtech. I just want to warn people who don't know what's going on.

I was ripped off by DJ Urbanovky (American Kami) too! He scammed me for $1000. 10 years ago I gave him $1000 to make me a custom t-hawk which I never received. He is very bold about how he strings you along so that your afraid to complain online because you for sure will never get what you ordered. I’ve learned that everyone in the business hates his guts because he is a combative A hole. He kept stringing me along over the years by saying things like “it’s on the bench now”, then “it’s on the grinding wheel. He did this to me for 10 years. I even offered to take knives he had in stock just so I could sell them to recoup my money. When he confirmed he had the 3 knives I wanted he said he’d ship them next Tuesday. That was almost a year ago and he has now stopped responding to me altogether. I’m reporting him to the bbb and will make attempts to contact someone local to hm that may be able to do something to stop him from scamming more people. He keeps taking peoples money still with no intent to provide Thames with a product. This is a scam of monumental proportions and some needs to stop this horrible criminal scumbag named DJ URBANOVKSY. DONT BUY KNIVES FROM AMERICAN KAMI. IT IS A TERRIBLE SCAM AND DJ IS A THEIF AND A SCAM ARTIST. HE LIED ABOUT ALL THE TROUBLES HE WAS HAVING WITH HIS BUSINESS JUST TO START THE SCAM ROLLING. IT TURNS OUT THE STUFF HE USED MAKE WHEN HE ACTUALLY MADE KNIVES ARE COMPLETE OVERPRICED JUNK ANYWAY!

I was on a waiting list with a fully paid order for over a year after hearing twice that my order would be shipping next week, on two separate and temporally distant occasions. It never shipped and I cancelled the order. he did refund the payment.

I appreciate everyone who makes these posts. I wonder how many people you saved from also being scammed.

Back