INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/27/18

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Gold Member
About two years ago I setup setup a camping trip in order to get a group of Busse enthusiasts into the woods to use our knives. The trip was a success and the 6 of us that attended had a lot of fun. Last year I hosted a second spring camping trip, and it too was a blast, so much so that it's now a spring tradition. Now that spring is quickly approaching and the weather is getting nicer, it's time to setup another trip for those that would like to attend. Everybody here on this forum is welcome to attend, and you are welcome to bring friends so long as they are respectful of my property and the other people attending. Family is welcome to attend, but there is likely to be drinking around the fire in the evenings (and probably other times too) so keep that in mind if you want to bring little ones. The camping trip will be the weekend of Friday April 27th through Sunday April 29th.

Here is the thread from the trip in the spring of 2016, pics start around page 10 I believe: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...st-Camping-Trip-v2-Weekend-of-April-30th-2016

Here is the thread from the trip in the spring of 2017: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...oast-camping-trip-weekend-of-4-28-17.1475105/

My land is a little over 50 acres in WV; most of it is pretty steep but there are plenty of places to pitch a tent that are accessible from a gravel driveway. I do not have running water or electricity on the land, but I do have plenty of room for us to put our INFI to good use, have a big fire, and enjoy the woods.

There is a Walmart (11 Harness Rd, Moorefield, WV 26836) nearby that would probably be the best place to meet at and get supplies if anybody needs anything. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby if people don't want to eat camp food the entire time. It's obviously not required to attend the whole weekend, if you can only make one night that's completely okay.

People that are attending (list will be updated when more people confirm):
  • Zmbhntr
  • breavis5694
  • rcb2000
  • resinguy
  • zombieassassin
  • F'lar
  • legaleagle
  • bullpin
People trying to come (working on schedule etc.)
  • Nakago1
  • TRog

Here are some pics from the previous trips:

5D648EEC-4B27-4F8C-B062-95C5129AF0C4_zpsr5o5y6rg.jpg

D587702D-3D99-4EFF-ADCC-90BF45A85F18_zpsatm2hfvy.jpg

B659C631-19FB-40A9-BE03-FA108F167A3B_zpsaker1vd8.jpg

Last edited:
Holy sheep shit! Ive never seen a busse tree before lol! Thats awesome. Im a hammock guy to. What hammock set up you using there in that pic?

Holy sheep shit! Ive never seen a busse tree before lol! Thats awesome. Im a hammock guy to. What hammock set up you using there in that pic?

That one is my hammock, and it's a Hennessy Jungle Safari Zip. Breavis also uses a Hennessy, but I forget what model he uses.

Sweet. You guys on hammock forums? Im TRog on there to. I hang in a simple lite design trail lair with dutch bling suspenion and hammock gear quilts. I rock a squid billy tarp to boot. Tiz the season fellows

I would jump on this if I was living stateside.

Always wondered why there´s not a higher attendence to this kind of gatherings.

Guys im seriuosly thinking about heading over for this if thats ok. I havnt been to WV in years and it a beautiful state not to mention it looks like id be able to get my hands on any and every busse and kin ever made. Shit whats not to like about that.

-Tony

Last edited:
Getting Married on the 28th or I'd be there, was sorry to have missed the last round due to another scheduled camping trip.

Hope that you all have an amazing time!

Oh wow i just google mapped your place is in the far east side of WV , which is about an 8 hr drive for me from IN. Is the Appalachian Trail close to your place?

Sweet. You guys on hammock forums? Im TRog on there to. I hang in a simple lite design trail lair with dutch bling suspenion and hammock gear quilts. I rock a squid billy tarp to boot. Tiz the season fellows

I'm not on the hammock forums myself, I already spend too much time online as it is. I think Breavis may be though.

Oh joy ... more hammock geek talk around the campfire.:rolleyes:

Admittedly, hammock talk isn't quite as "cool" as talking about resins. :p

I would jump on this if I was living stateside.

Always wondered why there´s not a higher attendence to this kind of gatherings.

SAS flies direct to IAD! ;)

Based on the testing you did on the log which was the best chopper?

By far the MOAB and Keffeler Sasquatch in my testing. Those results are from more than just log testing.

Guys im seriuosly thinking about heading over for this if thats ok. I havnt been to WV in years and it a beautiful state not to mention it looks like id be able to get my hands on any and every busse and kin ever made. Shit whats not to like about that.

-Tony

It would be great have you if you would like to make the trek out.

Count me as tentative for this one. You aren't THAT far away...

It would be amazing if you could make it! Are you headed to Blade this year? As an added bonus we could talk longest cigar ash strategery.

Last edited:
Now that I moved from WA to Idaho I thought I' make this year for sure, that it' closer of a drive.
Now I looked it up to that w lmart address, it' like 2,360 miles lol 1 Day and 10 Hours.... it would of been one hack of a road trip though... Gona try to convince my wife to go with me on s trip

Now that I moved from WA to Idaho I thought I' make this year for sure, that it' closer of a drive.
Now I looked it up to that w lmart address, it' like 2,360 miles lol 1 Day and 10 Hours.... it would of been one hack of a road trip though... Gona try to convince my wife to go with me on s trip
That's a looooooon drive. Way too long I think. You could maybe check into flights though. IAD is less than 2 hours from the land, and it is probably the largest airport near the land. There are probably regional airports as well, but oftentimes regional airports cost more money to fly into.

Count me in Gents! I’ve been looking forward to this for 3 years.
Who makes the best/ toughest hammock? I want to try one. Pm me so we don t ruin bens thread, unless he’s first to reply and doesn’t mind.:). I’m excited to meet you hogs!

Back