1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/27/18

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by zmbhntr, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TRog

TRog Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Lol not to clutter up the thread but seriously it would be like asking which, out of all of them, is the best busse knife. Theres just to many variables

Midwest Firecraft likes this.
  2. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014
    That's awesome news! In regards to the best hammock that a whole can of worms. In regards to the toughest though, I really recommend my Hennessy Jungle Safari Zip (which just so happens to be on sale right now). It's super roomy and can handle up to 350 pounds. It also has a double bottom which I wanted.

bullpin likes this.
  3. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    If it wasn't for polymers(resin) you wouldn't even be talking about hammocks. o_O

4. Nakago1

Nakago1 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Yup, I'll be there! (At Blade)

Still working on Scheduling, but I'll let you know as soon as I do if I'm in.

5. Nakago1

Dec 6, 2009
    Also check out Warbonnet. I have a Blackbird XLC that is now my go to...

Midwest Firecraft and TRog like this.
  6. TRog

TRog Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Yep. Alot guys i hang with have warbonnets and love'm. Hennesseys are pretty durable to. Most hammocks companys you can order your material in several different weights plus single or duel layers.

7. F'lar

F'lar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I've put in for my vacation and can't wait. Something has gotten all my chickens except for one hen and rooster so no fresh eggs from me this year. I may be able to get some from a neighbor. I'm working on getting a side of bacon and some more sausage.

zmbhntr and zombieassassin like this.
  8. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Mmmmmm....Fried eggs n' Bacon.

F'lar and zmbhntr like this.
  9. Nakago1

Dec 6, 2009
    So... for the first timers...
    This isn't going to be a long, protracted hike, yeah? I'd imagine not many of us feel like hiking in 30 lbs of INFI along with our regular packs...

From the previous pics, I'd imagine we're going to be driving a majority of the way... is a cooler full of beverages and pork chops out of the question? If we're anticipating rain, are we going to be under tarp or is a canopy (again in pics) a thing we can bring with?

Just kinda setting the scene here... let me know!

zmbhntr likes this.
  10. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    Good question. There is no need to hike anything for this trip. The gravel driveway leads all the way up to where we camp, so a cooler full of beverages and pork chops is absolutely a great idea! In regards to the rain, we will definitely setup a canopy / tarp or two if it is raining so there will be cover. The first year we also added another canopy near the fire so that we could all sit under cover and watch the fire. With a little luck it won't rain, but if it does we will be prepared for it, and it will still be fun!

11. resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    Folks were surprised that my Honda Fit got up there last year. Just don't slow down when you get into the deep, loose leaves in the tire tracks.

zmbhntr and F'lar like this.
  12. zombieassassin

Feb 1, 2015
    Resized_20180317_112000.jpg
    Just aquired a new addition to the family! Thanks Rega25! She will get a good workout on this trip. Looking forward to this guys, got the wife's permission and everything. I'll have a couple quarts of good ole' Viginia shine too guys. Good stuff!

zmbhntr likes this.
  13. resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    So, you're really going to come up this time? o_O:eek::rolleyes:

14. zombieassassin

Feb 1, 2015
    Ok...ya got me Guy. I actually deserve that...lol. Yes this is the plan. I feel bad for letting y'all down last time...and the time before....so this time will be the charm right?

15. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    That's great! I've never used a Zilla, so I'm looking forward to getting the chance.

16. Ryker

Ryker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Someday I'd love to make it. But I'm about 90mi from the Pacific Coast so it'll probably be a long time before I can organize it. Luckily, I can make the Hog, Dog & Rat Mischief they do in WA. It's very cool of you to offer an open invitation to us.:thumbsup:

zmbhntr and Cheesehead_Slasher like this.
  17. GregB

GregB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2000
    Once again I got excited when I heard this was in WV (since I was raised there and still have lots of family there). However, It's a 5.5 hour drive each way. Given, I could make a pit stop at family's (@3 hours). Just saw this again, so it would be last minute, but I'm considering. I've been trying to stop spending "Busse Money" on knives. For the price of a big chopper I can buy something that has a trigger and a firing ping, and isn't a bottom feeder (LOL). I'm sure I'm not the only one here who gets Spring (Busse) fever the closer it gets to June though.

Anyway, if there's anyone in the Western NC, Eastern TN, Southwest VA, South WVA area that might be interested in carpooling (and is a non smoker) let me know. I'll need to make a decision ASAP since I'm sure the wife will be asking any day now "what are your plans for next weekend".

Anyone bringing wives and/or children?

They're Girl Scouts, but not really the "no running water/toilet kind".

GregB
    BaconBeavers

P.S. I no longer own the knife in my avatar, and I do miss it;), but "NO REGRETS".

zmbhntr likes this.
  18. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    I don't believe so, at least nobody has said that they plan to. Not that they are not welcome, but it's a special kind of wife that thinks hanging out in the woods with a random bunch of dudes swinging knives is a fun activity. :)

Midwest Firecraft likes this.
  19. zmbhntr

Jul 28, 2014
    We need to start thinking of what to eat when we are there! I was thinking of either making pulled pork again or perhaps smoking a brisket.

F'lar likes this.
  20. resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    I'm thinking of doing Hank Shaw's chili for Sat. night. Venison if I can beg/buy some off a buddy, or beef if not.

F'lar and zmbhntr like this.