1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Both D3V and 20CV, btw.
    Millit confirmed.

CataD likes this.
  2. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    What an awesome sight to behold!!!!! So are those GSO 3.5s?

3. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I love that independently confirmed progress! ;)

4. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    From what we've heard the 3.5 is the only Survive model at Millit right now, so yes indeed Silver. :thumbsup:
    Edit: I just double checked the Survive production update and the 12 is next and supposed to be going out for cutting soon, but according to Ellie they are grinding after heat treat so those knives would also have to go to to Peters before they get sent to Millit for grinding. So yes, the only model those could be is the 3.5.

5. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    And i count some 500+ right there.... Come on, Guy, hire some folk to help get those out the door quick upon arrival! :D

Riz!, supertac916, ni1s and 2 others like this.
  6. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    That makes total sense. I meant to ask more if those are GSOs or SKs. If they're going right back to the shop and offered in two different steels that makes me think GSO. If so, I'll second Chiral's motion to get some help to finish them up and ship them out!

Fancier and Hard Knocks like this.
  7. CataD

CataD Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 2, 2013
    This one's from Millit's Facebook:

[​IMG]

8. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Oooooohhhhhh, now I understand! I got caught up in schedule geeking and I didn't think it through. Thanks Silver!
    Now that I understand the question I'll say that I assume that there are blades that will be for the GSO and SK knives in there, but since the Survive shop is backlogged anyway it would make sense to send the SK 3V knives out for finishing and assembly immediately.

Silver Needle likes this.
  9. CataD

CataD Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 2, 2013
  10. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    Those look so good! No getting a peak at order numbers on those tags though- sneaky.

Silver Needle likes this.
  11. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Well, one is mine! Shipping notice arrived this afternoon

12. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I cant wait for my factory 2nd 4.1! Its the most anticipated knife ive ever bought!
    And not because of the wait time :p

Silver Needle and Oyster like this.
  13. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    20CV & G10?

14. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    I believe factory 2nds are only available with micarta scales.

But, yes, pretty sure I remember that he’s waiting on a 20CV.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  15. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I think you are right about those seconds, which is what set off a little bell in my head, knowing Christian's proclivity for G10 and stainless. I may have asked him about this one before, actually. But my mind is like a steel trap.............old and rusty ;) :D

It's encouraging to see the updates and the posts with folks receiving these :thumbsup:

Fancier, Oyster and Psybull like this.
  16. Psybull

Psybull

Dec 31, 2015
    I am pretty sure the last time you could get G10 on a second was Aug 16th. Picked up a 2.7 w/ black G10 that day and don't remember seeing that option after that for 2cds.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  17. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Look! The bath towels are back! :D

Silver Needle and Oyster like this.
  18. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Pretty sure about his steel choice. He IS my namesake after all...

I ordered one in 20CV, too :)

ETA: apologies to the other folks for adding to the further derailment of this thread... :)

19. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Lol, yes. You had me doing a double take first time I realized that. :D

Oyster likes this.
  20. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Haha Dave you know me to well!
    However, like said, no G10 options were available with F2. Fortunately those brown micarta scales are so awesome looking that I settled on those :D

I have G10 on my 6, but lately have found myself drawn to smaller knives in blade length 4-5". Even the HDFK as perfect as a knife it is, is a bit to large for me. So whether or not the 6 sticks around, time will tell.