Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 20, 2018.

1. ikkyo

ikkyo

Mar 19, 2007
    for me it looks like a smaller brother of the FBM. I love it. Love the blade - handle ratio. Perfect. And if the nuked version is lighter... no question for me. Nuked CF.

2. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Love the handle and the thickness

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  3. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    That ran through my mind several times bit I am just loving the look of the milling on the black G10. So I think I am still stuck on non nuke,Comp with black G10.

4. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I also have a thing for fullers these days, and I really love the FTG CG I have ALOT...hard to pass up on that option...and the CF is great looking! I am just always kicking myself for not ordering more CG's as I love the color combos...yes, these would be likely harder to self strip, etc, although I have received and seen CBT's that are stripped by "regular owners" that have come out great! no reason I could not do the same with patience! Plus, I find spending time on knives keeps me from spending money on them (kind of)...this one looks to good to pass up...in any configuration.

5. Ryker

Ryker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I’m not really a fan of CBT either. But, I have noticed that the CBT on the more recent releases is a kind of revised version. The ribs are fewer and wider, rather than having more small ones close together (ie. Battle Saw & HUCK). Maybe this is Jerry’s attempt at a happy medium, but who could really say. I can say though that there were a few offerings I passed on because there was no non-CBT option. I guess another way to look at it is, this is the first ever Steel Heart offered with CBT, versus many versions without it, so there’s always 2 sides. After all, Jerry is an artist, and artists go through various phases of creativity, critics be damned. Just keep grindin’ Jerry, as long as you are there will be something for everyone. Just my 2 cents.

Apocryphiliac likes this.
  6. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003
    Can anyone here photoshop black canvas micarta onto the knife?

7. RobStanley

RobStanley

Dec 27, 2006
    That is one good looking blade. I'm keen for a CF with black canvas.

8. LadyEarth

LadyEarth Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Anyone have a rough idea when it will be release this coming Wednesday, Oct 24th? Why I'm asking is because I will be in middle of a professional convention for work and don't want to miss out on ordering one of this that day.

9. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    The website goes "live" at 9:00 pm Eastern my friend.

Let's Drink!!!

Jerry

dogboye, MosesMcgregor and duramax like this.
  10. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    with the swedge it looks alot like a fusion handled Infiweiler with CBT

duramax likes this.
  11. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I like the looks of it, just wondering the fit in the hand. I got medium to large hands. Most every Busse fits my hand like a glove except the finger grooves on the Argonne Assault California version. They are just a bit too wide to fit perfectly but they are close. any thoughts?

12. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    I was thinking about that as I have large hands. Not to worried as I have not had any issues even with Busse small blades.

13. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Still confused on the differences of coated nuke vs coated non nuke.

does the nuke have a lighter handle? or just the fuller?

mpjustin likes this.
  14. Dadgummit

Dadgummit Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    After the 2 FMV14's and the HOG Gemini hit in the same month my card is in lockdown mode. Nice looking though. I would have ordered non nuke thinking the extra weight would chop better.

15. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    My guess is that these will be 4 to 6 months out before you would have to worry about the charge to the CC.

jeepin likes this.
  16. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I like the CBT. I actually wish there was one more corrugation on it.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  17. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    I too tend to rest my hand atop things on my belt. The smooth top is easier on the hands.

18. u812

Mar 15, 2002
    From what Jerry posted I would ass (out of) u (and) me the handle will have a sort of light brigade treatment.
    The nuclear option Forsaken Steel Heart features a deep blade fuller along with a lightened handle which makes for a lighter and faster blade.

19. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    That's where I'm leaning... just to justify not going nuclear.... o_O

20. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    We heard you and have now added Hand-shaped Handles as an option. + $65.00 :cool:

Let's Drink!!! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D