Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

for me it looks like a smaller brother of the FBM. I love it. Love the blade - handle ratio. Perfect. And if the nuked version is lighter... no question for me. Nuked CF.

I am thinking non-nuked, CF with green micarta for this one.
That ran through my mind several times bit I am just loving the look of the milling on the black G10. So I think I am still stuck on non nuke,Comp with black G10.

The more I look at this, the more I want to get the comp nuked version. I've always liked the look of fullers

I also have a thing for fullers these days, and I really love the FTG CG I have ALOT...hard to pass up on that option...and the CF is great looking! I am just always kicking myself for not ordering more CG's as I love the color combos...yes, these would be likely harder to self strip, etc, although I have received and seen CBT's that are stripped by "regular owners" that have come out great! no reason I could not do the same with patience! Plus, I find spending time on knives keeps me from spending money on them (kind of)...this one looks to good to pass up...in any configuration.

Don't get me wrong guys. I love the look of the knife. But for me, experience has shown that CBT ends up being more I have to clean up versus it being smooth...I just feel cbt makes it harder to work with. Just my opinion from using it in several blades. To each his own.

I’m not really a fan of CBT either. But, I have noticed that the CBT on the more recent releases is a kind of revised version. The ribs are fewer and wider, rather than having more small ones close together (ie. Battle Saw & HUCK). Maybe this is Jerry’s attempt at a happy medium, but who could really say. I can say though that there were a few offerings I passed on because there was no non-CBT option. I guess another way to look at it is, this is the first ever Steel Heart offered with CBT, versus many versions without it, so there’s always 2 sides. After all, Jerry is an artist, and artists go through various phases of creativity, critics be damned. Just keep grindin’ Jerry, as long as you are there will be something for everyone. Just my 2 cents.

Can anyone here photoshop black canvas micarta onto the knife?

Anyone have a rough idea when it will be release this coming Wednesday, Oct 24th? Why I'm asking is because I will be in middle of a professional convention for work and don't want to miss out on ordering one of this that day.

I like the looks of it, just wondering the fit in the hand. I got medium to large hands. Most every Busse fits my hand like a glove except the finger grooves on the Argonne Assault California version. They are just a bit too wide to fit perfectly but they are close. any thoughts?

I was thinking about that as I have large hands. Not to worried as I have not had any issues even with Busse small blades.

Still confused on the differences of coated nuke vs coated non nuke.

does the nuke have a lighter handle? or just the fuller?

After the 2 FMV14's and the HOG Gemini hit in the same month my card is in lockdown mode. Nice looking though. I would have ordered non nuke thinking the extra weight would chop better.

After the 2 FMV14's and the HOG Gemini hit in the same month my card is in lockdown mode. Nice looking though. I would have ordered non nuke thinking the extra weight would chop better.
My guess is that these will be 4 to 6 months out before you would have to worry about the charge to the CC.

I have come to appreciate the non pointed pommel designs. Just from the bending around I do or the sniper crawling I do in the woods and me rubbing the pommel against my side and of course the comfort of just resting my hand atop the pommel of the trusty knife by my side like a gun slinger ready to draw any second
I too tend to rest my hand atop things on my belt. The smooth top is easier on the hands.

Still confused on the differences of coated nuke vs coated non nuke.

does the nuke have a lighter handle? or just the fuller?
From what Jerry posted I would ass (out of) u (and) me the handle will have a sort of light brigade treatment.
The nuclear option Forsaken Steel Heart features a deep blade fuller along with a lightened handle which makes for a lighter and faster blade.

That's where I'm leaning... just to justify not going nuclear.... o_O

Back