1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jul 9, 2019.

1. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    I don't need any more Busse knives, and also don't have anyplace to put any more.
    But heh , I don't need underwear either ,wow suddenly have a empty drawer in my house.
    Problem solved.

2. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    My favorite handle returns in a large blade!

Mandatory purchase...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    PERFECT!!

lex2006 and WatermanChris like this.
  4. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    Love at first sight. Thick INFI and ResC, I can't say no to that. Thank you Jerry

WatermanChris likes this.
  5. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    The Regulators are ugly to look at but when you get one in your hand it's a whole different story. Picked up the American Regulator just because it was so cheap and it's one of my favorite knives.

6. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Oh that looks good I was hoping for an Alpha dog 8, but a 9.5 Alpha Regulator? Yes, please sign me up for a DC, I'm in.

7. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Oh wow! A dream come true! Thanks Boss!

8. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Agreed. The rapid-fire pace of this round of O2W has been pretty insane. Some more regular offerings would definitely be a welcomed sight.

9. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    First the mistress, then the gemini, then the steel heart, followed by the raider.

2019 is the year of the BOWIE!!!!

How is Res C? I have 0 experience with it. Should I be worried about it slipping off..?
    This is a hell of a deal on a major chunk o INFI.

10. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    I'll go back to what I always post nowadays when someone questions the toughness of Resciprene C. CG BB13... ended up getting run over by a John Deere lawn tractor with the mower deck going full throttle. Knife flew approximately 60-75 feet.... across a public road... into the weeds. When found, the blade edge (INFI) was dinged up pretty bad. The Res C was fine, except for a sight tear in it beyond the lanyard hold. The very butt-end of it. It the edge could have been saved, I.... errr... my friend.... could have continued using the knife in the condition the Rec C was in.

You will not.... I repeat, will NOT, have to worry about it slipping off. The stuff appears to be tougher than a steel-belted radial... without the steel belts.

Edited to add: Last time I looked, the knife was posted on Busse's Instagram... ifn you want to see how well it did against a John Deere.

11. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    So its my favorite and most comfortable handle and have been hoping for a larger blade with a Regulator handle since about 2010

there should be absolutely no fear of "slippage"

12. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    jerry
    whats the blade height on this? It appears to be at least 1.75"

13. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I’ll admit, I wish it was a bit more pointy at the business end - a bit closer to a scaled up version of the original Regulator profile. This looks like a chopper with a swedge rather than a classic Bowie. But it’s still hard to resist.

unwisefool and MattinLA like this.
  14. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
  15. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I was just about to go search that up. I'd heard about it but thanks for posting it!

dogboye likes this.
  16. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    Good eye!!!

Thanks for the catch! I thought I had it in the specs. I do now.

Blade Width: Approx. 1.85"

Let's drink!

Jerry

duramax, lex2006 and MattinLA like this.
  17. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Even on Noss's Basic 9 Destruction Test, the Resi C handle was still serviceable at the end.

18. dogboye

Nov 23, 1999
    Glad I could help.
    That was the most amazing thing I've seen. (1) That the knife survived as well as it did; (2) That the Res C was, for all practical purposes, unscathed; (3) that Jerry volunteered to do warranty work on it, even though I came on here to post it to show how well it held up, and to say don't be a dumba&& like me and run over your knife because you didn't realize it fell off the mower. In the end, Busse sent a replacement, and that photo is the last I saw of it. I hope the photo and the story sells a lot of knives for Busse, because they went above and beyond on the warranty, IMO.

blackhat and David Lennon like this.
  19. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Gotta say:

The classic all-black is:

a) CLASSIC and
    B) ALL BLACK

:thumbsup:

David Lennon and luethge like this.
  20. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Doing some forum hunting and the way people are describing RES C plus the videos and pics, it makes me worried it'll kick everything else out the collection!
    Now the question is... Beautiful satin or bargainhellovadeal coated
    ..both..?

Also hearing that Jerry reached out to you to offer warranty on the knife is down right insane.

Customer: My knife tried to fight a lawnmower.
    Jerry: Did the knife win?
    Customer: well.. not exactly. It survived though.
    Jerry: Must've been a dud then. Ill take care of it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This isn't just GREAT customer service. This is MADNESS!:thumbsup: