1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    LOLOLO!

I tell ya, I was going to sit this one out and decided I'm not reading any of the posts because I get sucked right in like a crack ho every time but that curvy swedge mesmerizes you into seeing a curvy Bowie clip- which is dead ass sexy anytime the scale of the blade fits the handle better than the original *imho* and that thick slice man.....you just had to make it thick slice, like you knew I couldn't resist.....damn.....and a 9.5" .... damn, dude just knows how to open a wallet, it's a gift, regular Dale Carnegie of knives I tell ya....

BlackKnight86 and WatermanChris like this.
  2. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    I hear ya man. I’m trying to resist, but I can’t. Especially since it’s only a dollar;)

3. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Here's another thought I had- dumb as it may sound, glad we have to wait a little bit, this instant gratification stuff was like being in the land of OZ HAHA!

WatermanChris likes this.
  4. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Yep! Jerry said this one will take a little longer. That’s fine by me.

David Lennon and WatermanChris like this.
  5. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    All in on a satin. Looks like a good bet.

knife36 and Leonardo63 like this.
  6. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Ordered a BIG DC and a Satin!

7. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Ordered a BIG DC and two coated... couldn't decide between the midnight and the bronze, so ordered both. :rolleyes:
    Couldn't help myself!

Leonardo63 and WatermanChris like this.
  8. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    I ordered a satin. Now I can’t wait! Funny how it works. I spent 2 days trying to talk myself out of it. I finally caved in and admitted, that I loved it. Now that I’ve ordered one I can’t stop thinking about how cool it’s gonna be. I have an addiction. There... I said it. I’m addicted to Jerry’s INFI creations.

knife36, Leonardo63 and WatermanChris like this.
  9. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Ordered BIG DC. I like muddy brown with black resC, but for an extra $20, I’ll definitely take the added performance of bare steel.

Whether I keep it will likely depend on it displacing one of my other Bussekin - B8, B11 or MMD.

WatermanChris likes this.
  10. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I have not bought a Busse in a long time (well since the recent Steel Heart)...that's a long time for me...been moving and just pouring out cash on that...moving in South Louisiana to even south-er Louisiana is pretty hot right now, too! Glad it is a long-ish TAT. And 8-12 weeks is still pretty short...

I need to get the Gold back so I can sell - that's how infrequently I have been on lately...

This one is to me a combo of: a basic 9, an INFI M9LE, a regulator, and a bowie with Res-C...and at 5/16 with FFG, I can give in. I think my B9 is like .28"??? And it is different than all those as well. I had to get DCBB at that price...would have just stripped the coated version and it saves me time. Packing made me realize how many Busse's I had. I did not count on purpose, although a lot are going up for others to use/enjoy...I will not say how many cowboy boot boxes are full of Busse.

I hope this one is a keeper, I am sure it will be, hence all the boxes o' Busse!!! Hard to let any one go as soon as I pick them up...

Happy Regulating all!

C

luethge likes this.
  11. Walll

Walll Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Wow I WISH Jerry released an anorexic version of this!! I just cannot justify adding that .312" of weight to my gear list in the woods :(

12. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Agreed! I want serious users and anything over 3/16" starts to get real heavy really quick on the belt (6"+blades).

Still bought 3 tho :p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Walll likes this.
  13. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    There's a lot that is hard to justify with Busse but we do because it's fun! I don't plan to hike with my Alpha Regulator, that's what ASH1s are made for. It'll be a great camp knife though. It will probably be amazing to process wood with.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  14. silverbullets

silverbullets Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2007
    I too am glad it's not instant, would have had to sit it out, now I can put my pennies aside, also love the extra discount on the satin blade.

15. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I am in for a DC at least. I did pass on the Trough Raider but its hard to say no on this one.

16. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    That's kinda how I justified buying more than 1 of this one.. ;):thumbsup:

17. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I just placed an order for 1 satin Alpha Regulator. I was planning to get a coated one then etch the logo and strip the coating, but that satin just looks too nice.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  18. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    The BWM LE is a badass knife at .22 (I just always thought the BWM was a little too thin for its length, although they are nice, so is the INFI MMD. I think this knife was made to be a heavy sucker and a major bowie knife on purpose - I don't think fast-packing was a decision factor on this one! I prefer .22 or less usually, although this one jsut really grabbed me, and I need another knife like I need another whole in my head. This is not a fast-pack/lite-pack type of blade although I bet it feels right lively with shaved weight of the basic/Res-C handle/tang and the FFG, and the swedge etc...I really think this will fit/feel great in hand.

Oh yeah - the ASH-2 is a knife of knives and it is like .21"...

WatermanChris and Walll like this.
  19. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    Also - who knows what variants might coe in the production run. He listens to his customers, although he has produced a good bit of "mountain-worthy" longer INFI blades lately...ASH 2 and MMD come directly to mind...

WatermanChris and Walll like this.
  20. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    The BIG DC finish is so nice tho! I love it for a user!

WatermanChris and COPIUOS like this.