January 2021 Buck of the Month - 722 154CM Solid Copper Handle

I first saw the announcement on the bcci Facebook page and went to Buck site then to my email to check. I hope everyone who wants one gets in!

Told myself if Buck ever makes a BOTM in Copper I am going to pull the trigger. Never owned a spitfire before, just happened to read up on them last night. Figured I already had a couple of Vantages and a 110 Slim Pro, don't need any more modern knives.

But Copper, that is a whole story of my Dad and family being in the scrap iron and salvage business as a side line to our farm and gas station and we would burn up to a ton of scrap car generators, alternators and starters each night and cut and pull the copper out of them and sell it the next day at the salvage yard. Hard, nasty and dirty work.

Pulled the trigger on this Copper 722 and it will serve as memento of my Dad and family. I have never had a knife to look at only and will feel like my Paw might pop me upside the head if I didn't use it like the tool it is.

Told myself if Buck ever makes a BOTM in Copper I am going to pull the trigger. Never owned a spitfire before, just happened to read up on them last night. Figured I already had a couple of Vantages and a 110 Slim Pro, don't need any more modern knives.

But Copper, that is a whole story of my Dad and family being in the scrap iron and salvage business as a side line to our farm and gas station and we would burn up to a ton of scrap car generators, alternators and starters each night and cut and pull the copper out of them and sell it the next day at the salvage yard. Hard, nasty and dirty work.

Pulled the trigger on this Copper 722 and it will serve as memento of my Dad and family. I have never had a knife to look at only and will feel like my Paw might pop me upside the head if I didn't use it like the tool it is.
Love the story and hope you enjoy the knife.

I used to use a 722 as my EDC for a while. But it appears I change my EDC knife as often as I change my underwear.:eek:

How do you get on the text list?
for fun...gonna guess knows someone at the factory who texted him or someone here, as in a collector, who texted him. not sure there is a sign up for texts from the website.....but maybe there is and I've missed it?

I'll pass on this one. I like the Spitfires well enough, although I actually like the Mini more than the full size. I have an SK Blades Spitfire Extreme and a regular 420hc 722 already. Not that big a fan of copper either. Adds too much weight on this particular knife IMO. If I decide to get another 722 it will be from the custom shop with G10 and s35vn. Plus I bought December's 501 BOTM. Can't buy everything :)
Hope everybody who wants one gets one:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hope everyone got one or two that wanted one, but I sure did read a lot of I’ll pass on this one, if it would have been one of those whatever there called Buck 112’s I believe it would have went another way, hey Buck make some 112’s

This a difficult one to decide on... while I've recently become a fan of the Spitfire, and have been buying the different iterations of them, this one leaves me lukewarm.

I like the copper, but I've also of late become anti-Cerakote on blades for what appears to be just for appearances sake... no reason to coat a 154cm for anti-corrosion, in my opinion it cheapens the look.

For the price, if it was DLC instead of Cerakote... I'd have no hesitations.

Last edited:
Back