• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

JensenEliteBlades - BAD

No luck with his work mobile (61 4 0932 7907) All calls go through to voice mail. It appears the only way to speak with him will be face to face, and that day is coming...........

Keith, I have tried but to no avail. Message bank and email yes, but no return calls. Looks like I am out a strider folder / large camp knife + more...

Very sad situation. :(

Hey gundy,

I have a gecko that Peter made for me a few years ago. Were you involved with this knife? If you were, you must have been reasonably close. Could you let me know if you have any luck tracking him down?

The situation is not sad, unless all hope is lost.

Maintain the rage:mad:

TM, I have been trying to contact Peter for about 5 months now with no luck at all, that is the last I heard from him.

I designed the Gecko a few years back and Peter made a few here and there.

All hope is not lost, I simply think it is a sad situation because Peter did have talent that will go to waste. He made a solid knife and I honestly believed that he could have gone full time with the venture and make a lot of money with it. I think there is no saving it now.

Replace sad with dissapointment, both from a client/supplier and personnel viewpoint...

Ditto Gundy,

I dont know exactly how much trouble peter is in or how many knives are owed, But surely if this is a case of no funds to complete and send orders he should go to the bank and get a loan to make good.

The last time I saw pete he had lots of knives made , some where line items and others were experiments and one offs, I would think that handing someone something at least to tide them over as a sign of good faith till the ordered knife is delivered would go a long way to aiding this situation.

The sad thing for me here is the knives that are owed to active duty military and LEOs that have been paid for in full, If you are going to put "elite" in your name and promote an image of being in with SF people you better hold up your end of the deal.

I really hope this can all be resolved as believe it or not peter and bell are nice people and I would be sad to see peters talent wasted.

Fishmonger.

I doubt Peter will raise his head for a long while to come, especially because of some pretty serious operators that he has stung.

Petey best stay way down under!!!

If he is found he just might be six feet under..................

I have just come out of a session in a consumer court in my home town (I live a good 4 hrs drive away from where Jensen Elite Blades are) re Mr Jensen. Peter Jensen was not present at the court ,although, he would of recieved a notice that the hearing was on .The Judge was good, I showed him a photo E-mailed to me by Jensen, of the EVO knife that I paid the 50% deposit on, plus the Money Order receipt. The Judge did not think I was some sort of nutter, because I have the knife collecting bug and was prepared to pay $530.00 for a knife . He made a comment " you could buy a lot of beer with $265.00" In the end, we ALL have our little foibles .The whole process in the court took 15 minutes tops, especially as Jensen was not there to put his side of the story. Like the Judge said, I am a consumer and we have rights, a contract is a contract.He told me that he will issue a court order to recover the money Jensen has defrauded from me .

If ALL the people in the various forums, I have checked out on the net, not only in this forum, that say they have had been ripped off by Jensen Elite Blades, get on to the Office of Fair Trading (Gosford NSW 02 4320 0600) and lodge a complaint, life will start to get very unpleasant for Mr Jensen.

Steven1958, thanks for the info. I'll be calling them on Monday. I'm out of pocket $800 which would buy a s#!t load of beer or case of Bollinger. Mr. Jensen can't stay hidden forever.
Live by it, Die by it

Greetings All,

Below is yet another email I received today regarding Jensen..............I've omitted the name of the sender

Ive been trying their phone numbers without success, for one last try.

They also owe hills heat treatment a wad of cash.

I didnt know if you wanted to post my info on the knives forum.

Apart from having 9 hoods woods videos and 3 armourer videos which come to around $600- they also have 2 custom knives and 6 production knives that are worth around $1500- .

The thing that really sucks is that Im cronically ill with 4 crushed discs a broken stirnum and on permanent oxygen from complications from a double lung transplant , which they know as theyve met me at the Adelaide knife show lugging around an oxygen cylinder. So this shows the type of people they are.

rayfloro said:
The thing that really sucks is that Im cronically ill with 4 crushed discs a broken stirnum and on permanent oxygen from complications from a double lung transplant , which they know as theyve met me at the Adelaide knife show lugging around an oxygen cylinder. So this shows the type of people they are.

It certainly does show the type of people they are.

I just got another email from the gentleman that I wrote about in my last post....

Apparently he rang Toshiba at North Ryde NSW. That's where Jensen works.

He was so PERSISTENT that Jensen had no choice but to return his calls.

Jensen promised to return the goods back in a week or two.....

But he's still proceeding with going through the Office of Fair Trading, just in case.

I do not think Toshiba will be very happy having very disgruntled people calling and/or visiting Mr. Jensen. I think he will be out of a job very shortly. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy ;-)

I'm glad Mr Jensen is still in NSW (I was begining to think he had left the state / country with all the heat ),because, I'm going down to my local court house tomorrow morning,with a certified copy of a court order, I received to day by mail to recover the $265.00 he owes me.The order even has his home address in Perouse Ave ,San Remo, NSW, 2262 on it, so the sheriff knows where to go, to enforce the order.I'm sure that they will be persistant as well.Jensen will be impressed, if the sheriff turns up at Toshiba:eek:

It's not like I'm starving and really need the money, I'd drop that amount easy ,on a big night on the piss. It's the principle,people like Jensen undermine the fabric of our capitalist system, one needs confidence when we do business, especially with so much e commerce. I nearly was going to pay the full price for the EVO, but some thing told me not to.I should have done some research on this forum,and I would not have touched him with a barge pole.

Jensen makes it hard for other Knife makers/sellers .Its okay if they take credit cards, but you have to be carefull with MO and money transfers especially as you pay before you recieve.My faith in human nature has been restored some what, with a deal I did with Anthony Baldacchino (He was well aware of the Jensen effect)of the Finer Edge. I purchased a Fallkniven A1 + A2 and a P folder, it was a fair size deal. I got the knives within 3 days and I paid Anthony by Money Order .I would certainly deal with Anthony again (may be a Sebenza).;)

If Jensen, had of been up front with people ,from the word go he could of had a good business .I have never even handled one of his knives, if he had of told me that I would have to wait 6-12 months for the knife fair enough I would wait . He could say the deposit was for material ,but for him to ignore phone messages ,e-mails ect , basically put his head in the sand and HOPE that people, who gave him money would go away :jerkit: he's dreaming.

Man, the way Peter Jensen has handled this has really spun me out!

Absolutely disgusting business practice and I agree, not good for Aussie makers as a whole.

Just goes to show, it is sad to think that you can misjudge somebody to that extent. I hope everybody gets what is owed to them. I am seriously thinking of revisiting the prospect of chasing down property in his possesion which belongs to me, but I seriously doubt that I will ever see it again. Several previous attempts to contact Peter (phone, email, post) has always ended in failure. I never thought of Toshiba. Good call.

Good luck to all those out of pocket.

Back