• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

JensenEliteBlades - BAD

Keith,

Point taken but what has been done by the means already taken to get these guys their money back.

Do you think being fired is going to get him to make the knives or return funds?

A maker here had sent a letter to a guy' s supervisor in France who said he was a cop and has anything been done.

I was just giving idea to confront these people to see if they can solve or pass on more information about the maker they are involved with like he does live, work in the area he states he does.

It just saves the run around so people who are affected can take the correct actions

We know things change when people see people they owe in person and a different outcome.Nothing can be solved in a day.

RAY,
You never go to a person's house with out LEO , especially when money is involved.I hope you get what he owes you.

These were my thoughts

S/F,
CEYA!

Keith is absolutely correct.

To turn up at Jensen's doorstep also gives him excuse to call the cops on you and have you charged with trespassing and assault (remember assault is the mere fact that he feels threatened).

This low life chickenshit dipstick would not hesitate to pull something like that.

I'm with you 100%. It's nice when guys that have no stake in this provide every thought that goes through their head.

whitie

Ok this is what I don't understand, Keith we have discuss this in Alan Blade's thread.

Why don't somebody who have issues with the knife maker just go to these guys house, job, school or school.

I know as Keith stated "alot of these guys live overseas " but alot live in CONUS or in Down Under. Somebody live close to these guys who are jerking their buyers around.

Whitie,

I see neither have you.

wolfmann601,

If it take a 2x4 to get it solved then do it. It like if these perps leave bogus addys but nobody has physically gone to see these guys.

Again not defending these guys but if you can get better results to go see them in person, then do it (if you live nearby).

S/F,
CEYA!

I have never used a 2X4 against any human, it's always been said in jest. THAT'S WHY going to someone's house who owes you money, is avoiding you and is not on your Christmas list and as a victim YOU ARE PISSED OFF is a horrible idea!!!
I wish I could travel to those that have ripped me off, there are only three and literally cram a 2X4 up their bunghole after twisting their necks like pretzels and demanding cash. Of course these folks are knife makers and probably gun owners and while I am cramming my 2X4 they are jacking in slug number 2.

nah, scumbags like Jensen get dealt with here or in the Courts when possible but door knocking collections only lead to headaches beyond money.

But if I lived near Toshiba I would be knocking on their door!! If I lived near the others I would tell whoever I could, put it in every Newspaper, walk a damn picket line in front of their house and TRY to take them to court and actually collect. :D

I certainly would not use violence or the threat of violence to try recover money from Mr Jensen. There are more effective ways of operating .Slow and steady wins the race .As for him being fired ,its in everyone's interest that Mr Jensen continue's to work.

The employer Toshiba will become aware, any way that Jensen has a problem ,when they get a Garnishee order from the NSW sheriff (This sheriff is different to the ones that our North American friends are familiar with,they enforce court orders to recover debts).A Garnishee order can take money from wages or a bank account.The sheriff can also seize property to recover debt.These debt orders last 12 years and attract interest.Plus enforcement costs are added to the debt and payable by the debtor.

The people who are owed money, where ever they live ,should visit http://www.Fairtrading.nsw.gov.auyou can lodge a compliant on line .The more compliants the more pressure.

I'm pretty sure that Jensen would have taken orders and deposits knowing that he could not deliver the goods.Obviously this is a highly unethical way to conduct business.The other thing to remember is that he was operating Jensen Elite Blades as proper business, that has been registered with the NSW Office of Fair Trading his Business No is (BN98095040).

If you want to operate a business, the way Jensen ran Jensen Elite Blades. Then Jensen deserves every thing he gets.

It is always better that someone that owes others does not lose their source of income. If he does, then there is no way he will bw able to pay anyone back. He also will not be able to support his family. however, people need to take whatever recourse is available to them to recover what they are owed.

Ok this is what I don't understand, Keith we have discuss this in Alan Blade's thread.

Why don't somebody who have issues with the knife maker just go to these guys house, job, school or school.

I know as Keith stated "alot of these guys live overseas " but alot live in CONUS or in Down Under. Somebody live close to these guys who are jerking their buyers around.

Whitie,

I see neither have you.

wolfmann601,

If it take a 2x4 to get it solved then do it. It like if these perps leave bogus addys but nobody has physically gone to see these guys.

Again not defending these guys but if you can get better results to go see them in person, then do it (if you live nearby).

S/F,
CEYA!

imho its not the best thing to confront someone at a persons home if ya do that then they are holding all the cards, folks can get hurt like that.

i'm sure no one has done it because thats more the way things are handled on TV/etc rather than real life,

if ya do decide to confront them at there home ya better be ready to "go all the way" and i dont know that any knife is worth going to prison for.

in real life i dont think many folks would do that over a knife and i'm sure thats what a lot of these rip-off artists expect.

just depends on the situation though, been times i havent taken my own advice lol.

I certainly would not use violence or the threat of violence to try recover money from Mr Jensen. There are more effective ways of operating .Slow and steady wins the race .As for him being fired ,its in everyone's interest that Mr Jensen continue's to work.

The employer Toshiba will become aware, any way that Jensen has a problem ,when they get a Garnishee order from the NSW sheriff (This sheriff is different to the ones that our North American friends are familiar with,they enforce court orders to recover debts).A Garnishee order can take money from wages or a bank account.The sheriff can also seize property to recover debt.These debt orders last 12 years and attract interest.Plus enforcement costs are added to the debt and payable by the debtor.

The people who are owed money, where ever they live ,should visit http://www.Fairtrading.nsw.gov.auyou can lodge a compliant on line .The more compliants the more pressure.

I'm pretty sure that Jensen would have taken orders and deposits knowing that he could not deliver the goods.Obviously this is a highly unethical way to conduct business.The other thing to remember is that he was operating Jensen Elite Blades as proper business, that has been registered with the NSW Office of Fair Trading his Business No is (BN98095040).

If you want to operate a business, the way Jensen ran Jensen Elite Blades. Then Jensen deserves every thing he gets.

The sheriffs in my city does the same thing here in the States.

S/F,
CEYA!

imho its not the best thing to confront someone at a persons home if ya do that then they are holding all the cards, folks can get hurt like that.

i'm sure no one has done it because thats more the way things are handled on TV/etc rather than real life,

if ya do decide to confront them at there home ya better be ready to "go all the way" and i dont know that any knife is worth going to prison for.

in real life i dont think many folks would do that over a knife and i'm sure thats what a lot of these rip-off artists expect.

just depends on the situation though, been times i havent taken my own advice lol.

I agree, especially the last quote.

Ray, I hope it works out well for you.

S/F,
CEYA!

I have been informed that there could be legal issues with contacting a persons employer about an unresolved debt. That indeed is the case and people should refrain from doing so. However, I still believe that if the only place you can contact Peter is his place where he works, then that is where you should try to contact him.

I lodged a complaint with Fair Trading via the link provided above on the day that the post was made. I just heard back from them concerning my complaint.

They are in contact with Jensen and have been following up the complaints. The official story I got was that Jensen lost everybody's contact details and couldn't follow through with the orders, but he will complete all outstanding orders ASAP. That is more than likely bullshit, but Fair Trading have passed on my contact details to him and they have his acknowledgement that the order was placed and that he will complete the order, nearly two years after it was placed!:foot:

If you haven't lodged a complaint yet, I strongly suggest you do so! The complaint will get followed up by Fair Trading as they know there are many outstanding orders and they are in contact with him.

There is now no way Jensen can back out of following through with the orders once the complaint has been made.

I lodged a complaint with Fair Trading via the link provided above on the day that the post was made. I just heard back from them concerning my complaint.

They are in contact with Jensen and have been following up the complaints.

Wow, I'm impressed. Weird how he'll respond to them, but not his customers.

The official story I got was that Jensen lost everybody's contact details and couldn't follow through with the orders, but he will complete all outstanding orders ASAP.

That truly shows what a POS he is !

ASAP, in short form, often communicates a sense of urgency, but when spelled out (as soon as possible) it opens up a can of worms and gives a person too much leeway. :(

I wonder if the "Fair Trading" folks will be able to pin a specific date down for you.

You have probably all seen this before but here is a pick of him just in case you run into him and want to say g'day...note this is just off the internet (not a breach of privacy or anything).

peter_jensen_profile.jpg

I received a cheque from the NSW Sheriff Office yesterday, for the deposit I paid Jensen on an Evo knife (paid to him October 2005) plus the court order enforcement costs, that I had to pay out,to recover the deposit. All in all I am reasonably happy with this outcome, and the Office of Fair Trading system,:thumbup: which does work,although really no one has ''Won".Jensen probably makes or made a good quality knife.I will now, never know, as I would not deal with Peter Jensen again or any other knife maker that wants money before delivery.All this BS could of been avoided if Jensen had of been up front with his situation and kept in contact with his clients.I hope that Jensen is a little wiser as well (he has had to shell out a total of $390 which includes the $265 deposit plus costs);).This would start to get very costly for Mr Jensen ,if every one he owes money , starts getting Consumer Court orders enforced by the NSW Sherrif.If I was him I would do the right thing and pay back what I owed and leave the knife making alone for a while, a very long while:rolleyes:

It's great to see that you have gotten compensation from Peter. It is a shame that he had to be forced by a court order to do so. I think it would be fantastic if Peter was forced to pay back everyone and that in each case he also had to pay enforcement costs. It would serve him right.

You have probably all seen this before but here is a pick of him just in case you run into him and want to say g'day...note this is just off the internet (not a breach of privacy or anything).

peter_jensen_profile.jpg

Ya know, it goes to show that gut instinct counts for everything - the first time I saw that pic of Mr Jensen I was immediately struck by a wanker vibe - seriously. I don't know the guy and the knives he had displayed looked very nice, but you can always spot a used car salesman. What a pity.

Back