• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Joseph Hargis Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Joe (or at least someone logging in under Joes account) was online today at 2:03pm. I've sent him PM's and I know other's have as well. I've gotten zero response, so my last PM consisted of me cancelling my purchase and requesting a refund. If that goes unanswered, I will also be starting a GBU thread.

Bad business Joe...bad business indeed!

Just noticed that too. That is not cool, Joe if you read this it's time to contact all of us who are waiting on knives.

Joe is still not answering my phone calls, emails or PM's. At one point someone picked up the phone then just hung up. I'm starting to think this is not an illness.

I have not had any dealings with Joe Hargis, but his FB up to this point is excellent and many in this thread have reported perfect deals with Joe up until very recently. I don't think a person suddenly changes from a straight up honest person to suddenly becoming a scammer.
I think it more likely that he has become very ill, maybe even died ? A family member may have logged on at his request (if very ill) and not had the sense to post an explanation. It could also have been a distraught family member who answered the phone and then hung up.
It doesn't make sense at this point but i think it unfair to make disparaging comments about Joe until his status is actually known.
roland

I have not had any dealings with Joe Hargis, but his FB up to this point is excellent and many in this thread have reported perfect deals with Joe up until very recently. I don't think a person suddenly changes from a straight up honest person to suddenly becoming a scammer.
I think it more likely that he has become very ill, maybe even died ? A family member may have logged on at his request (if very ill) and not had the sense to post an explanation. It could also have been a distraught family member who answered the phone and then hung up.
It doesn't make sense at this point but i think it unfair to make disparaging comments about Joe until his status is actually known.
roland

I count three (3) people in this thread who have reported good dealings. Three doesn't quite constitute "many". Secondly, if he (or a designee) never responds, there is no way for anyone to know his status. What I do know is that: A) He has $110 of my hard earned money for a completed knife that has never been shipped; B) He's taken money from two others on this thread to build knives that have never been completed or shipped; and C) The comments made thus far have been far from disparaging. The fact is, this is bad business. Whether you agree or not, doesn't change that fact.

I appreciate your input though...

Three in this thread and a positive FB of 12 with comments like "great guy", "fast shipping" and so on. I think this indicates Joe Hargis is somehow unable to respond rather than trying to scam people who have already paid him.
roland

When I bought my knife from Joe, there was one little hiccup. There was a slight delay in shipping the knife, and I started to get just a little concerned until Joe emailed me and said he had been sick and unable to get to the post office. He was very apologetic about it and shipped it overnight to me at his expense.

Based on my experience, this just isn't like him at all. I think he's very ill or even worse.

Three in this thread and a positive FB of 12 with comments like "great guy", "fast shipping" and so on. I think this indicates Joe Hargis is somehow unable to respond rather than trying to scam people who have already paid him.
roland

When I bought my knife from Joe, there was one little hiccup. There was a slight delay in shipping the knife, and I started to get just a little concerned until Joe emailed me and said he had been sick and unable to get to the post office. He was very apologetic about it and shipped it overnight to me at his expense.

Based on my experience, this just isn't like him at all. I think he's very ill or even worse.

Regardless of my obvious concern and frustration, I sincerely hope you are both correct. If things work out for all involved, I will gladly start a thread publicly detracting my statements. I've eaten a lot of crow in my day, and have no problem helping myself to another serving.

I guess everyone can stay tuned and see how this plays out.

I pray that he is ok. I will feel horrible if something bad has happend to him or taken his life and here I am questioning his integrity. I just wana know what's going on darn it! I mean he did ship something to me, I don't know what it was because it never came. He could have had another neck knife sold to someone else and called the post office to have the package returned since I paid as a "gift" so he could send it to someone else. I am by no means implying this happend but its definitely a possibility. I just want my neck knife Joe!

Maybe 2 months ago I ordered a custom from Joe. He told me that it would take a week maybe a week and a half ...within that time frame he told me that the knife shipped. A week later no knife, I contacted him .... long story short it was sent to the wrong address. He offered to make me a new knife, but I knew the address and was able to get the knife there. Overall, my experience with Joe was great. He was fast to respond and made one hell of a knife. Joe, Thank you, and I hope that everything is fine! To the op, if you have a DC number, I would be looking at the usps with a funny eye. Be patient, and hope that you get your knife soon.

Here's the knife he made me after a mustard patina
2012-05-06_01-24-43_617.jpg

Last edited:
What's a DC number? The tracking number? I do have the tracking number but it has said out for delivery for weeks. I am thinking it was returned to sender. If Joe would call them I could find out since he was the sender but he won't respond to me.

Nice knife, he did a good job and I like your patina. Way to tease me! Lol

I suggest you contact your local Post Office, see if they can determine where it was last processed / scanned, and see if they can apply some pressure from their end.

I had a knife I purchased here on the forum "Out for delivery" for about 2-1/2 weeks, politely working with my local post office got it straightened out.

Good Luck.

I'm still waiting on a knife I paid for on the 20th of June. Now I have no kinfe or email replies.

Same here, my payment was made on June 9th and have not heard from him in almost 2 weeks. Joe where are you at man, give us an update.

Mine was paid for on June 16th...still no word. 21 days. Hate to say it, but I'm starting to think I'll never get the knife or a refund.

Well that's four of us with no money or knives from Joe. I've given up on getting ahold of him to get my knife or money back. He's gota live with what he is and I hope this thread serves as a warning to those who were considering having a knife made by him.

One day the answer as to what happened here will be known. Please post here if you find out. I would like to know how this ends. I'm still thinking illness of some kind that prevents communicating, death or jail ?? i.e. not a scammer.
roland

One day the answer as to what happened here will be known. Please post here if you find out. I would like to know how this ends. I'm still thinking illness of some kind that prevents communicating, death or jail ?? i.e. not a scammer.
roland

Although I certainly don't wish for anyone to fall to illness or incarceration, I hope you're right. The thought of being taken advantage of truly sickens me. I appreciate you being the voice of reason in this thread, but I wonder...would you be as diplomatic if Mr. Hargis had your money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back