• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Joseph Hargis Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
"would you be as diplomatic if Mr. Hargis had your money?"
Yes. I have never bought a knife from Joe but i have looked at every one he has posted and reading what he says, he sounds like a straight up guy. I prefer to give benefit of the doubt to those who have acted with integrity until the truth is known.
We all do lots of business and communicating on line now and likely no one else knows our passwords. Our on line presence will suddenly stop when we die and people will be left wondering what's up, especially if we were in the middle of some transaction.
I don't know what Joe's situation is, but this sudden disappearance is going to become increasingly common as we age with the internet.
roland

I have sent Joes father, Rick, an email asking if Joe is ok. I will let you guys know if I get a response.

No response from joe yet but I wanted to let you guys know that if you sent payment via "gift" as I did, you are not SOL. I contacted paypal today and since I used my paypal credit card I am still able to file a dispute. As long as you used a credit card for the purchase there is a way to get your money back. I will update you guys on the outcome, maybe now he will give me a response.

Hello fellas. I sent Joe 185$ for a knife over 8 weeks ago. I hadn't heard anything for a long time. Then he sent me a message about his health and diabetes. He said he would get it done and shipped. I haven't heard back now for over 3 weeks. I have also sent repeated e-mails. I sent a money order as I dont have paypal. Looks pretty discouraging .

Keep me posted fellas.

Wow. Another buyer that has no knife and sent Joe money. This is not looking promising, time to own up Joe.

I got one of Joe's mini muks he had posted in the exchange. He promised he would ship it on 6/10 and had already been paid on 6/9. After about 4 days I started inquiring about tracking info since he was in OK and I'm in IL I figured it would take 2-3 days at the most. I sent Joe a couple PM's on here trying to get the info and he did not respond. The knife finally showed up on 6/20 and the post mark on the box was 6/18 so he didn't ship the knife as promised but he did ship the knife. Sorry to hear so many are having issues with Joe. We had been communicating back and forth when I was purchasing the knife and he seemed like a good guy. I hope Joe is ok and the issues gets resolved. He makes a fine knife.

I got one of Joe's mini muks he had posted in the exchange. He promised he would ship it on 6/10 and had already been paid on 6/9. After about 4 days I started inquiring about tracking info since he was in OK and I'm in IL I figured it would take 2-3 days at the most. I sent Joe a couple PM's on here trying to get the info and he did not respond. The knife finally showed up on 6/20 and the post mark on the box was 6/18 so he didn't ship the knife as promised but he did ship the knife. Sorry to hear so many are having issues with Joe. We had been communicating back and forth when I was purchasing the knife and he seemed like a good guy. I hope Joe is ok and the issues gets resolved. He makes a fine knife.

Blade66, thanks for posting your experience and glad to see that you received your knife. My payment was completed on the 9th also. Hopefully this will all get resolved with either refunds or the knives that were promised.

I paid for my knife on 6/16, and was told that it would ship on 6/18...but it never did. So if he made it to the PO to ship yours, it doesn't make sense that mine wouldn't ship as well, unless he never had any intention to ship mine. The last time he messaged me, he told me that the reason my knife hadn't shipped was because he was "too sick" to make it...and yet he managed to ship yours.

I'm glad you got your knife, and I'm glad that I've finally got some confirmation that he's full of crap. I don't even want my knife anymore, I just want my $110 back. At this point, I don't even care that he's sick (if he even is). He's a married man, so he could send his wife to the post office to ship these knives. We've been burned and I don't have any recourse against him, because I "gifted" my payment to him...which I will never make the mistake of doing again.

I'm out $110 and just have to accept that fact. :( Joe, I'm officially through with giving you any benefit of the doubt. It's only a matter of time before Karma bites you in the butt. Good luck with that...

Last edited:
Even if you paid via gift you might have something you can do. Did you use a credit card? I've already called paypal and explained what happen. You should call them and explain what happend just to see what they say.

I paid for my knife on 6/16, and was told that it would ship on 6/18...but it never did. So if he made it to the PO to ship yours, it doesn't make sense that mine wouldn't ship as well, unless he never had any intention to ship mine. The last time he messaged me, he told me that the reason my knife hadn't shipped was because he was "too sick" to make it...and yet he managed to ship yours.

I'm glad you got your knife, and I'm glad that I've finally got some confirmation that he's full of crap. I don't even want my knife anymore, I just want my $110 back. At this point, I don't even care that he's sick (if he even is). He's a married man, so he could send his wife to the post office to ship these knives. We've been burned and I don't have any recourse against him, because I "gifted" my payment to him...which I will never make the mistake of doing again.

I'm out $110 and just have to accept that fact. :( Joe, I'm officially through with giving you any benefit of the doubt. It's only a matter of time before Karma bites you in the butt. Good luck with that...

Could we call the authorities in Oklahoma regarding this matter ? I mean there is probably over a thousand dollars outstanding just from the few people on here - that he has. That is theft over . I would accept my money back right away - if NOT I think a call may have to be placed to the Sheriffs department.

And I believe like others on here - if something had happened to Joe ,

a) a family member could have made a "post"

b) he would not have shut down his website

c) someone at his residence would answer the phone - and not hang up when you ask for him.

d) Joe would not have been on his blade forum during his supposed " sick time"

e) LETS GET OUR HARD EARNED MONEY BACK !!!

Could we call the authorities in Oklahoma regarding this matter ? I mean there is probably over a thousand dollars outstanding just from the few people on here - that he has. That is theft over . I would accept my money back right away - if NOT I think a call may have to be placed to the Sheriffs department.

c) someone at his residence would answer the phone - and not hang up when you ask for him.

I have to admit - even though my experience with Joe was good, it's starting to look like he's skipped town.

It's really a shame, too... he really does make a fine knife.

I think this is a good idea. I think all of us who have been scammed by Joe should contact the local authority in his area. My credit card company is also doing an investigation.

I think this is a good idea. I think all of us who have been scammed by Joe should contact the local authority in his area. My credit card company is also doing an investigation.

All valid points. I didn't know until I read this that he shut down his website, but sure enough...it's gone!

Yes, it's time we get law enforcement involved and furthermore, I would like to see his BF account banned. I don't want him doing "business" on here ever again!

ETA: I've had enough waiting. I went ahead an placed negative iTrader feedback for my transaction and I encourage you all to do the same. If by some miracle he makes good on his promises, the administration can reverse it, but I doubt very seriously it will ever happen!

Last edited:
I left an i trader ( - ) for Joe. I am about to call the authourities in Oklahoma. Anyone else with suggestions ?

Good luck to all.

Wow.. Sorry to hear this. Money comes way to hard . And then you get this guy running for the hills. I think it is lousy that a man would ruin his trust with so many people for a $1000 bucks. I mean its a bit of cash but not worth it in the long run.

Can you call the cops in his area ?? I mean what can we do to get these folks their money back ? Is anyone in that area that can stop by his house. Is anyone on the forum that is his buddy.

Quote Marko3: "Is anyone in that area that can stop by his house."
I made this suggestion in my first(?) post and i still think it is the best way to find out what is going on. If he's not home ask the neighbours when they last saw him, etc.
roland

He logged onto bladeforums on July 3rd. He's around. His website was shut down within the last week as well. He's around. He shipped a knife for Blade66 on June 18th, the same day he told me he was "too sick" to go the the PO. He's around.

Not sure what more you need to see the light, especially since it's painfully obvious to the rest of us...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back