Just USE the damn knife...

I would have used it to cut a twig from a nearby bush/tree, then used the twig for poo removal... personally. I just use my edc too often (daily) for food to do what you did :) (even though I understand rationally you can clean it up 100%)

fun thread in any case
I use what I carry, but still put thought behind how to best utilize my tools
This wasn't my first rodeo.
Being a dad with small baby I had to scrape some crap off baby clothes before. A sharp knife with long enough blade makes a good scraping tool and you don't destroy the piece of clothing. Put some hard backing and scrape to minimize the damage :D then wash the rest.
Gotta improvise sometimes when all you GOT is your edc. It gets down and dirty. The crap washes off just like any other crap ;)

Hi, Dave. Not surprised to see you in here with that gorgeous fixed blade...

Thank you sir! Thats my own personal EDC these days. AEB-L at 63RC, copper bolster and camel bone handle. Its not all dust and blood. Sometimes it hangs out at the beach with a hot blonde!

0Tk4V0j.jpg

Man, all this “use your sh!t” talk is making me miss Matt. Now THAT was a man absolutely unafraid to use his shit. :thumbsup:

To those not familiar, he took a dremel to a Roley, cut up tons of blades to wave them, modded a Medford Arktika, ground a blade down to hell and flung it through his garage on principal, chopped up cans with thousand dollar knives... dude was the closest we had to a rock star knifemaker. :(

Amen.

While celebrating and toasting to the ones who sacrificed for our freedom..... Beer just didnot come out of my can fast enough yesterday. So out comes the Spyderco para 2. 12 beers and 12 carb holes later the 20 cv still cut steak tips just fine. Never had a doubt... its 5oclock somewhere. Happy Memorial Day weekend!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2A98Pwv.jpg

Yuu1rIk.jpg

GiWF1Uz.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes I cut the top out of a Coca Cola can with my knife. I’ve dipped Skoal since I was 8 years old and sometimes I don’t have a drink bottle handy to spit in so I get an empty drink can and cut the top out of it. I can usually hit the small pop top hole but when I don’t it makes a mess so rather safe than sorry. Plus I love making people cringe when I cut a can. The thing is not to use a razor sharp knife but a kinda dull one, just push the blade through the thin aluminum. That a way you ain’t got chunks missing from your edge.

When I drank I’d use my knife to pull the pourer out of the bottle neck. Yeah it’s prying but I’d hold the blade instead of the handle. Much easier on pivots I think.

One drunken teenage night I stabbed a S&W SWAT knife through another boys car hood. A couple times. Some argument over some stupid girl and he wouldn’t fight me or get out of the car. Still have the knife with its much blunter tip and buddies with the other guy. We laugh about it now, 20 years later.

I’ve cut the ends off of fire hoses with my first Buck 110 and an old Benchmade. When I was on the city fire department and a hose got a hole in it we’d tie a knot in the end and cut off one end so it couldn’t be used by mistake. Wanna test your knife? Cut a fire hose up. To me that basically defines hard use cutting.

Great idea for a thread I’m enjoying it.

I used my Rex45 para 3 to make a hole for small flag pole yesterday, same thing, paused for second then said f it. It's a tool, and I know how to sharpen. Knife was fine.

Just sayin', when I learned to properly pull with the plunger and not push on the offending toilet blockage, it changed the game for me. All of my knives stay poop-frei and rost-frei.

While celebrating and toasting to the ones who sacrificed for our freedom..... Beer just didnot come out of my can fast enough yesterday. So out comes the Spyderco para 2. 12 beers and 12 carb holes later the 20 cv still cut steak tips just fine. Never had a dought... its 5oclock somewhere. Happy Memorial Day weekend!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2A98Pwv.jpg

Yuu1rIk.jpg

GiWF1Uz.jpg
But where is the beer? ;)

Zieg

I "manage" a jazz club and was carrying this Mcusta Jazz last week. I'm not messing up my polished blade...went upstairs and grabbed a prep knife.:p
Don't judge me too harshly, at least I grabbed a knife.:thumbsup:
OFLWNyc.jpg

nice blade...but WHAT do you use it for at work? no flames intended.

It's a KNIFE!!!

And, I've got 32.7 cents(adjusted for inflation) that says he uses it to cut stuff, maybe even to open CDs, or boxes!

Just sayin', when I learned to properly pull with the plunger and not push on the offending toilet blockage, it changed the game for me. All of my knives stay poop-frei and rost-frei.

Same here. Only 22% of people can plunge a toilet. Sad really.

Same here. Only 22% of people can plunge a toilet. Sad really.

My wife comes from a proud line of toilet breakers. As one of the first things her dad taught me when I started dating her back in high school seriously was that I would need to master the kung fu art of the Plunging Snake if we were to be together long term.

She will insist that it skips a generation. That said, my almost 9 year old daughter carries on their family pride.

I have seen many things come out of her that most likely belong in a Ripley's museum. Not once have i needed to cross blades with a piece of feces to get it to go down. I don't even know where i would start nor how my brain would come to that as a logical conclusion for solving the problem.

I carry a spiderco Para3 at work for opening boxes, stripping wire ect. I even use it to cut zip ties holding wiring to steel structures. It has some gouges and chips in the edge, but I’ve yet to do anything other than stop it a few times per month. You won’t catch me using my ZT’s in that manner.

So much talk about poo I’m starting to wonder about you guys. :p

I personally really enjoy seeing character marks on our blades. Life is too short not to enjoy the performance they offer!

Back