1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just USE the damn knife...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by stabman, May 25, 2019.

1. Sergeua

Sergeua Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    This wasn't my first rodeo.
    Being a dad with small baby I had to scrape some crap off baby clothes before. A sharp knife with long enough blade makes a good scraping tool and you don't destroy the piece of clothing. Put some hard backing and scrape to minimize the damage :D then wash the rest.
    Gotta improvise sometimes when all you GOT is your edc. It gets down and dirty. The crap washes off just like any other crap ;)

eveled likes this.
  2. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Nah I use my knife when needed except cutting steak on a ceramic plate.

steff27, Pomsbz and eveled like this.
  3. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thank you sir! Thats my own personal EDC these days. AEB-L at 63RC, copper bolster and camel bone handle. Its not all dust and blood. Sometimes it hangs out at the beach with a hot blonde!

[​IMG]

4. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Amen.

AntDog likes this.
  5. kemikos

kemikos

May 23, 2017
    Sounds like your house needs a poop knife.

Lance Leon, sliceofaloha and craytab like this.
  6. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    While celebrating and toasting to the ones who sacrificed for our freedom..... Beer just didnot come out of my can fast enough yesterday. So out comes the Spyderco para 2. 12 beers and 12 carb holes later the 20 cv still cut steak tips just fine. Never had a doubt... its 5oclock somewhere. Happy Memorial Day weekend!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Lapedog, AntDog, sliceofaloha and 3 others like this.
  7. JC972

JC972

Mar 17, 2015
    Sometimes I cut the top out of a Coca Cola can with my knife. I’ve dipped Skoal since I was 8 years old and sometimes I don’t have a drink bottle handy to spit in so I get an empty drink can and cut the top out of it. I can usually hit the small pop top hole but when I don’t it makes a mess so rather safe than sorry. Plus I love making people cringe when I cut a can. The thing is not to use a razor sharp knife but a kinda dull one, just push the blade through the thin aluminum. That a way you ain’t got chunks missing from your edge.

When I drank I’d use my knife to pull the pourer out of the bottle neck. Yeah it’s prying but I’d hold the blade instead of the handle. Much easier on pivots I think.

One drunken teenage night I stabbed a S&W SWAT knife through another boys car hood. A couple times. Some argument over some stupid girl and he wouldn’t fight me or get out of the car. Still have the knife with its much blunter tip and buddies with the other guy. We laugh about it now, 20 years later.

I’ve cut the ends off of fire hoses with my first Buck 110 and an old Benchmade. When I was on the city fire department and a hose got a hole in it we’d tie a knot in the end and cut off one end so it couldn’t be used by mistake. Wanna test your knife? Cut a fire hose up. To me that basically defines hard use cutting.

Great idea for a thread I’m enjoying it.

8. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    Was it your special Louver knife? Oh the comedic potential of a tale of love, knives, and Louvers....

Lance Leon and JC972 like this.
  9. Bob6794

Bob6794

Apr 21, 2013

Nope they come in reusable metal sports bottles!

KRU 82

10. Baron Mind

Baron Mind

Mar 30, 2018
    I used my Rex45 para 3 to make a hole for small flag pole yesterday, same thing, paused for second then said f it. It's a tool, and I know how to sharpen. Knife was fine.

11. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Just sayin', when I learned to properly pull with the plunger and not push on the offending toilet blockage, it changed the game for me. All of my knives stay poop-frei and rost-frei.

Lapedog, herisson, WValtakis and 5 others like this.
  12. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    But where is the beer? ;)

Zieg

R.D.Hatch likes this.
  13. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    nice blade...but WHAT do you use it for at work? no flames intended.

14. justjed

justjed

Oct 23, 2010
    It's a KNIFE!!!

And, I've got 32.7 cents(adjusted for inflation) that says he uses it to cut stuff, maybe even to open CDs, or boxes!

15. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Same here. Only 22% of people can plunge a toilet. Sad really.

Mecha likes this.
  16. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    My wife comes from a proud line of toilet breakers. As one of the first things her dad taught me when I started dating her back in high school seriously was that I would need to master the kung fu art of the Plunging Snake if we were to be together long term.

She will insist that it skips a generation. That said, my almost 9 year old daughter carries on their family pride.

I have seen many things come out of her that most likely belong in a Ripley's museum. Not once have i needed to cross blades with a piece of feces to get it to go down. I don't even know where i would start nor how my brain would come to that as a logical conclusion for solving the problem.

17. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
  18. Irch

Irch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2018
    I carry a spiderco Para3 at work for opening boxes, stripping wire ect. I even use it to cut zip ties holding wiring to steel structures. It has some gouges and chips in the edge, but I’ve yet to do anything other than stop it a few times per month. You won’t catch me using my ZT’s in that manner.

19. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    So much talk about poo I’m starting to wonder about you guys. :p

I personally really enjoy seeing character marks on our blades. Life is too short not to enjoy the performance they offer!

AntDog and JC972 like this.
  20. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Character, not processed corn. :confused::thumbsdown:

Steely_Gunz likes this.