Ka-Bar's new Fun stuff: Zombie Killers

Thank you mr. Moose. I swung by ka-bar the other day to see Toooj and was able to get a peak at a green handled knife I am assuming is a 2012 zombie knife. Swwwweeeeet.

Thank you mr. Moose. I swung by ka-bar the other day to see Toooj and was able to get a peak at a green handled knife I am assuming is a 2012 zombie knife. Swwwweeeeet.

I haven't seen any of the ZK knives yet, but I'm hopin' too. :D

Moose

A couple of companies are showing stock in the tanto folder zombi.

Can someone explain to me this zombie fascination? Reminds me off full time Renaissance fair reenactment people. No offense to you zombie killers out there.

I am taking orders for the highest bidders also. I will trade for ammo, (.223 and .45ACP), MRE's and canned food, bottled water or 1969 SS Camero which I can turn into the Madmax mobile. We don't need another hero.

I'm looking at the ZK "pestilence" tanto. I'm considering it as a "tactical" knife.

All comments on colour aside (I see one useful bit on the colour: it's easy to spot if you accidentally get it out of your hand), does anyone know the quality of the blade itself?

Ka-Bar has good reputation, but has anyone tried them and used them? According to my site, it's SK5 steel, is that good (although it looks carbon-steel)?

Can someone explain to me this zombie fascination?

A complicated topic depending on how you approach the issue. My guess it has something to do with "end of the world" cult too. Nuclear acopalpyse was popular at one point, now it's zombies. It's just instead of a large population of simply hungry and cold mass of people that suddenly find that their meagre cash reserves are useless when society fails, you have zombies that can be killed guilt-free!

That and zombie movies are popular, fun and has an effect on people. Why, well, everyone has theories.

My suspicion is that "zombie killers" can easily double as killers for your more regular human-killers.

I'm looking at the ZK "pestilence" tanto. I'm considering it as a "tactical" knife.

Pestilence is the large chopper, the tanto is Famine. Not sure how this particular knife fairs, but tantos are good for stabbing, so i guess that would be considered "tactical". If you want an all around "tactical" knife that still has some good bush/utility capabilities. Go for the BK7. Great steel, great design.

Actually, a question: if they are making knives after the four horsemen of the apocalypse, where is Death?

If you want an all around "tactical" knife that still has some good bush/utility capabilities. Go for the BK7. Great steel, great design.

I would have to get it from all the way from the USA for that. I'm in Europe and I would like to prefer to avoid such long-range shipping (I had problems last time I did it).
That and when I asked "has anyone tried this knife" do you think the best answer is "get this knife instead"?

Besides, I like the Famine. I'm just asking whether is it good or not.

Apologies. I was merely making a suggestion. A tanto is mostly offensive, not much utility. I wasn't sure what your definition of tactical was.

Andrew132 won the Famine, I'll see if I can get him to comment here.

Here is the death dagger

I can't post a direct link, but here is a google search.

I was just trying to help with the suggestion, different knife styles are made for different purposes.

I know that it's mostly offensive (to me, that's pretty much the definition of "tactical"= knives meant for offensive use on a battlefield of some sort, good for combat and for stuff around that). The Famine looks good for that and even some rougher handling. Has anyone any experience with this steel type from this manufacturer?

Back