Kerry Hampton Knives

No Blade Show for me this year...blew all my fun money in Jamaica ;)

That knife is da bomb. Very elegant and light. Bet he/she will not even know it is in their pocket until they need it. The matchstriker pull tops it off well.

Wonderful lightweight EDC with a special long pull! I'd love to test-kerry it :D

A question from a lanyard fan: Does the lanyard hole serve here as a stabilising element on the linerless construction as well?

Just to prove I still get a knife cranked out now and again, I post for your viewing pleasure. This one is covered with burgundy Micarta and made sans liners by request and is therefore crazy light in the pocket.

khampton-400swllcntrhntr-noliner-1.jpg

khampton-400swllcntrhntr-noliner-2.jpg

khampton-400swllcntrhntr-noliner-4.jpg

I'm pretty sure the 3/16" lanyard tube is a better fastener than a 3/32" pin so, yes it is more stable, but this knife would take a lot of abuse regardless of whether it had a pin or a tube in the back. In fact, it would be fun to drive over it with a car on a parking lot just to see how tough it is. Since it has no liners to bend it should just spring back into shape. I doubt that the owner of this knife would appreciate such a test at this time. :p

Wonderful lightweight EDC with a special long pull! I'd love to test-kerry it :D

A question from a lanyard fan: Does the lanyard hole serve here as a stabilising element on the linerless construction as well?

I'm pretty sure the 3/16" lanyard tube is a better fastener than a 3/32" pin so, yes it is more stable, but this knife would take a lot of abuse regardless of whether it had a pin or a tube in the back. In fact, it would be fun to drive over it with a car on a parking lot just to see how tough it is. Since it has no liners to bend it should just spring back into shape. I doubt that the owner of this knife would appreciate such a test at this time. :p

Tell ya what Kerry, make me a linerless Lanny's clip with carbon fiber scales and I'll run it over with my truck. I'll post up picture and the results of said experiment! You're welcome. ;)

Yawn....Kerry needs to spend less time at his real job and more time at Willfred. Make more knives! Don't make me spend months like we did on the Tennessee Jack designing something new :)

Your knives always have the "cool factor". Wilfred with a twist...

I think you could sell a bunch of them with a little effort.

Yawn....Kerry needs to spend less time at his real job and more time at Willfred. Make more knives! Don't make me spend months like we did on the Tennessee Jack designing something new :)
I know, but I like to eat groceries ;)

Thanks for the compliment, SC. Hanging with Tony and having a regular job allows me the time and lack of pressure to work on the "cool factor" things.

That's a beauty Kerry. Don't know how I miss it. I would think it carries great. I may just have to give a linerless a try. Thanks for showing it. My wallet may not thank you though:D

Chris

"Hey Bub. Leave me along. I'm spending all my time developing cool factor knives that I will make in 20 years!!!"

Thanks for the compliment, SC. Hanging with Tony and having a regular job allows me the time and lack of pressure to work on the "cool factor" things.

Kerry, If I come out there and buy your groceries will you make my next knife? I'll even pretend you're cool. ;)

"Guys, if I ever decide to make more than one knife a year, it's going to look just like this!!!"

What's to say...just check out the dang images. :p It is a prototype and I will make some slight improvements but I am overall happy with the way this knife works. My brother has already called dibs on this one so it is going to get some immediate field testing. Judging from his play, I doubt that he will be using the the dimple fork ... EVER! :D

http://knifehead.com/images/khampton-334KhnutBuster-GolfProto-1.jpg

http://knifehead.com/images/khampton-334KhnutBuster-GolfProto-2.jpg

http://knifehead.com/images/khampton-334KhnutBuster-GolfProto-3.jpg

The shield is a removable ball marker. AIN'T THAT COOL, CAMPBELL! :)
http://knifehead.com/images/khampton-334KhnutBuster-GolfProto-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back