Kerry Hampton Knives

Two things to share: I got the Empire shield that I used on the last posted linerless, swellcenter knife. The implications are I will be using that are more knives.
IMG_0345.jpeg
The rebirth of the Double-Bump!!! I love it!! It takes a rich History, and gives it new life!!! Nice Kerry!!!

Empire HJ!! Rare Sheepfoot version, with Double-Bump Shield!!
Empire Sheepfoot HJ.jpg

The initial reason was…that’s what Tony and old factories did. It does make putting the stamp in by hand a little more difficult and some guys make fun of the whole hand stamp thing and prefer to electro etch because it’s easier and cleaner and modern.

There’s another reason though, and it’s in the name.
I appreciate you sticking to the "High Ground", Kerry!!! 😁
Hand Stamping is the way to go!!!:cool:

The hand stamp *is* superior IMHO Kerry, etches look cheap and tacky and don't wear well (although perhaps that's the point for the safe queen lovers). Also where you are at is part of the story of knife and maker, it should not be overlooked.
I love that double bump Empire shield, now that you have a batch please save one for my swell-center? I was scared to ask before, didn't want to ask you to make the same knife twice but I simply cannot think of a way to make it better ;)

The rebirth of the Double-Bump!!! I love it!! It takes a rich History, and gives it new life!!! Nice Kerry!!!

Empire HJ!! Rare Sheepfoot version, with Double-Bump Shield!!
View attachment 2487847

I knew I could count on my fav Canuckian to come thru with the win! And the other thing is, dayum Charlie, you went and done it and now I have to make something different again. What's that frame pattern called or is there a name for it. It looks like an English Jack. What are the dimensions of the frame?

I assumed it was something you learned from your sensei.

Ooh...I love WIP pics. I wonder what those are going to be when they grow up.

I wonder too, but they will grow up some day and then I'll will have to kick them out of the nest. :(

I’m wondering how in the world does that punch on the no-name, yum buttery picked bone, Empire HJ stand up in the trough when it’s closed. Charlie, when you get a round tuit, would you please scan the same side of that knife with the blades closed and post it here?

You can use mine if you don’t have one. 😁IMG_0348.jpeg

Since Charlie is MIA I printed his scan of the Empire HJ and did some math to reduce it so that the HJ image was 3 5/8”. I just so happen to have a similar knife stamped WRB Co. TERRE HAUTE. It’s enough to make an Empire HJ version. I see pickin and grinnin’ in my future. 😉😁

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 5
A 3 1/2" Bose Wharncliffe Trapper is the latest one I have completed and MOSTLY happy with. It is covered with some great stag that came from a roll that I was able to get from John Lloyd years ago on a trip that Tony and I made to John's home in MO.

khampton-312StagWharTrpr-1.jpgkhampton-312StagWharTrpr-2.jpgkhampton-312StagWharTrpr-3.jpgkhampton-312StagWharTrpr-4.jpgkhampton-312StagWharTrpr-5.jpg

Fact is, I believe Tony Bose would've been happy with it :) Superb work Kerry. I just think John L MUST be rearing his own Deer on the quiet, the quality of that antler😍 I need some of it for a recover!

Thanks, Will

Back