Kerry Hampton Knives

Last edited:
This one is a light weight, 3.5" linerless coke bottle shadow covered with black linen micarta. The shield is a one off, hand made and hand hand cut into micarta and a first for me. The shield idea came from an old production knife(I don't know the manufacture) that the client had and he wanted it on his new knife. khampton-312blacklinencokeshadow-1.jpgkhampton-312blacklinencokeshadow-3 (2).jpgkhampton-312blacklinencokeshadow-3.jpgkhampton-312blacklinencokeshadow-4.jpgkhampton-312blacklinencokeshadow-5.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5312.jpg
    IMG_5312.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 6
This one is a light weight, 3.5" linerless coke bottle shadow covered with black linen micarta. The shield is a one off, hand made and hand hand cut into micarta and a first for me. The shield idea came from an old production knife(I don't know the manufacture) that the client had and he wanted it on his new knife. View attachment 2452680View attachment 2452681View attachment 2452682View attachment 2452683View attachment 2452684
Nice knife, Kerry!! The shield looks like an Empire "double-bump" shield!!Empire double bump 1.jpg
Top knife!!

"Two Bumps"...seems like there should be an official name for this thing somewhere in the archives. It has a hot dog shape. The fella getting the knife called it a "horned dog". :D My creative juices aren't flowing on this one. I got nothin'.

"Two Bumps"...seems like there should be an official name for this thing somewhere in the archives. It has a hot dog shape. The fella getting the knife called it a "horned dog". :D My creative juices aren't flowing on this one. I got nothin'.
I've been calling it the "Double Bump" for so many years; and I find learning new tricks hard!!! 🐶
🤣 🤣

Good lookin' swedge! 2 questions if I may? What thickness is your blade tang? Looks close to 1/8". I like it! Also is your stamp orientation intentional? :)
The blade/spring thickness is .1025” and no, that was not intentional…but I went with it and stamped my pile side the same.

The blade/spring thickness is .1025” and no, that was not intentional…but I went with it and stamped my pile side the same.
I had that happen to me once. Collector who bought it didn't care. Lol. It happens. I laser them in now right before I hammer the knife together. If anything it sure makes for a unique build and let's face it, knife still looks like a million bucks. Well done!

Back